Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laurasadler

I've just moved to Cork and would love to make some new friends in the area. Are these events invite only, or can anyone come along? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I've just moved to Cork and would love to make some new friends in the area. Are these events invite only, or can anyone come along? :)

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Cork. No anyone can come :) Newbies are especially welcome - in fact we had 3 of them at our pool night last week)
    We are going bowling tomorrow night at 7pm in the Mardyke if you would like to join us? (I think there is around 8 of us far) If you need directions or a contact number just give me a shout.

We often meet for drinks also - check out the 'Cork beers' thread for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anto318

towel401 wrote: »
    id say they just have stuff to do after...

Now now that's how rumours start:rolleyes::eek:

Anto318 wrote: »
    Now now that's how rumours start:rolleyes::eek:

You are assuming he meant together? Now that certainly would start rumours. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Dunno if I can make bowling tomorrow! It's gonna be tight with getting home and back in again. I'll let ye know in the afternoon tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Dunno if I can make bowling tomorrow! It's gonna be tight with getting home and back in again. I'll let ye know in the afternoon tomorrow.

That sucks. Work ruins everything :( hopefully you can make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

might make an appearance at this... have ye got bowling booked or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

tommmy1979 wrote: »

don't think we're that organised around here..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Won't be able to come to this one. Next one after hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I'd prefere 8, personally.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

tommmy1979 wrote: »

Good point :D
    It can be quite busy on Thursday as it's a good bit smaller than the Leisureplex

Have we decided on 7 or 8?
    I'll ring up and book an hour when we've decided.
    And 2 of my brothers will be coming along.......

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Good point :D
    It can be quite busy on Thursday as it's a good bit smaller than the Leisureplex

Have we decided on 7 or 8?
    I'll ring up and book an hour when we've decided.
    And 2 of my brothers will be coming along.......

The lazy one included? :D

LOL - Yep, he wasn't out last night so has no excuse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Yay can't wait!

So 8 is ok with everyone?
    Be there for half 7

Anto318 and miss_shadow said that 8 is too late for them.

I'll go whenever....would prefer 8 myself but 7 will also do.

The Mardyke have an offer on now.
    2 games of bowling and a bottle of bud for €9.99 per person

That's great value - even if you don't like bud :D*

*I may know someone who will drink it for you

It's gonna have to be 7 as the bowling is booked up from 8 onwards

I'll book 2 lanes for us now

Try to be there for a quarter to 7 if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I might come along to this tonight, assuming there is room for a latecomer that is :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

And 2 of my brothers will be coming along......
    The lazy one included? :D
    so, ive gone from being miks younger brother, to being his younger, lazy brother? i should really come along to these gigs more often:pac:

yeah meself and brian2208 will be there,

• Advertisement

Charco wrote: »
    I might come along to this tonight, assuming there is room for a latecomer that is :P

Ah yeah - come along
    do you know some of the people going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Ah yeah - come along
    do you know some of the people going?

I do, I've been to a couple of the nights out recently so I should recognise a few faces :D.

Ok, so I am officilally in a run, yay! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

I know it's a bit late for me to be saying this, bit I couldn't/can't make it tonight due to a family incident.

Might see y'all next week.

Sorry to hear that.
    Hope all is ok.

We had a good night, a new record of 9 people turned up
    Well 10 in total actually but I'm not sure if everyone was there @ the same time...

I'm sure kingtut will do a recap of the night for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Wow this must be a world record for kingtut

Commie, I hope everything is ok and it was nothing serious.

TY guys and girls 4 yesterday and I wanna apologize cause I wasn't feeling good phisically nor morally.

The record of 10 people has been reached, yay!

CommieBaz - Sorry to hear your news, I hope it is nothing too serious...

Ok a commentary / recap of last night.
    We had 10 attendees last night (a new record!!)
    They were:

1)kingtut - For a change he barely said a word :eek:

2)miss_shadow - she beat me at bowling in the first round and she wasn't even there!!!!! :mad: she did well in the second round when she actually played. She spent most of her evening on a siteseeing tour of Cork, the famous 'Car Parking Spot' tour. For anyone who has not been on it you must give it a go! Contact Anto for further details. She looked lovely as always and as per usual made me look like I was dragged through a bush backwards. Why is it that I always turn up as the scruffy one? :(

3)Tirabaralla - umm I think she gave out to me for not talking enough at one stage....got to have a 1 to 1 with her which was nice :), I know you are going through tough times at the moment and I'm sure everyone will agree that we are all here for her. I had the pleasure of walking her part of the way home.

4)Towel401 - Two things I learnt - he likes putting mayonnaise on chips (wtf!!!!) and if you want to piss him off tell him about your shed :D pretend yours is better / bigger / more structurally sound etc...* note to self - it is a Friday night quit the engineering talk

5)Anto318 - He wasted half of his night driving around the city - I shouldn't laugh but I'm going to....tee hee hee hee hee. He seemed to be pretty good at bowling (not that he got much playing time) and somehow lost a pool match to mik_da_man - I reckon he did it so that mik would not cry like last time ;)

6)Princess_Lou - a latecomer so I did not really get to talk to her :( sorry Princess_Lou - you will have to add your own recap!!

7)Charco - I didn't get to chat to you much either unfortunately and didn't watch you bowling. I was far too focused on hitting more than one skittle at a time. Man I did sh*t last night!!!

8)mik_da_man - Taught me how to hold a bowling ball his way which I assume is the proper way, it definitely helped so thanks!!! He won his first pool match against Anto318, shame there was no prize this time...I reckon he went easy on you. So what is next between you to?? A who looks better in drag competition perhaps?? All suggestions welcome :D:D:D

9)brian2208 (mik_da_man's 'new' brother) - didn't get to chat to you much either unfortunately (next time!!), it is a shame mik has to be different in terms of his hairstyle. Next time he wants to go to the hairdresser stop him!!

10)im_invisible (mik_da_man's lazy brother) - what can I say, you are never going to lose your label as the lazy brother :D fair play for coming out, gotta find out who paid you to come out though and how much, could be a great way to make money. :D

Apologies were sent from Vinta81 who could not make it but ended up in the Brog. As did some of the rest of you if I go by the comment she made in the randomness thread?

I'd love to hear what happened after I left if anything did happen? Someone got drunk? Sick? Hopped into a shopping trolley and went down Patrick's hill in it? Someone dressed up as a banana and ran around the streets? Cmon someone must have gossip :D:D:D

Ok end of post - it's far too long anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Good turn out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

As wicked turn out! Sad I didn't go but I did bump I into a fewof ye in the brog, might of had one too many at that stage so I do apoligise ha . Defo up for next time

Advertisement