Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭rmkfda

I went along early, realised I had no idea where or what you all look like, gave up and went home.
    :(

Next time I shall wear a stoopid costume so you recognize me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

rmkfda wrote: »
    I went along early, realised I had no idea where or what you all look like, gave up and went home.

Next time I shall wear a stoopid costume so you recognize me!

you should have gone up and said to ppl 'are u from boards?' like i did the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

rmkfda wrote: »

Hiya I'm sorry to hear you could not find us.
    I always recommend that new people get someone's number so that what happened to you does not happen. If you want send me a private message and I will give you my number, alternatively ask someone else on this forum that is a regular attender and I'm sure they will be happy to give it to you.

Asking costs nothing :) I look forward to seeing you at a future event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I willingly give my number to hot guys ^_^

(ok ok...joking! I give my number to lost noobs, girls or boys, hot or not...just don't expect purrrfect english :P)

Hi all, ok for the next event I am proposing that we go out for dinner. According to the recent poll.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055480613

.....(which is still open for anyone that wants to take part in it) the following expressed interest.

all_smilz, Anto318, cullig_jp, kingtut, mik_da_man, miss_shadow, suppafly, Tirabaralla and towel401.

I think we should go for dinner on Thursday the 19th of March (not this Thursday but the following one as people will probably want to keep a bit of money for Paddy's weeekend). Thursdays were the most popular according to this poll which is also still open if you want to vote in it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055497895

I realise that dinner might be a bit expensive for some people but I think the same applies to any outing we have. We do not have to go somewhere really posh and fancy.

I will put up a poll for the kind of food you like and we can see what is most popular. I guess the choices would be (add to this if I have missed anything) Indian, Chinese, Thai, Traditional Irish (fish and chips, sheperd's pie etc), Italian, Mexican, Vegetarian and Fast Food (McDonalds / Chip Shop).

• Advertisement

Obviously I am up for this ^_^
    lol

i'll be gone on the 19th. but have funsies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Dinner sounds fun!

Although if anyone is up for drinks this week? Maybe Friday? Or whatever suits

Friday would be ok with me, I am not here on thursday this week...
    TY Vinta 4 proposing!
    Anyone else for friday? ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Ye must all be rich! haha. I'm bit broke, well broke until next grant comes!

• Advertisement

€2.90 pints in the brog till 9pm! I took advantage of that this past week ha

That's not bad at all

It really is! I am now being dragged in there after work all the time lately LOL

I like the brog, it's where my friends and I would often go. Havn't being out in ages now, can't wait until the summer now, going to make most of it.

I never would of been a regular there but my friends have turned me back onto it andwith those prices I can hardly refuse - fab way to unwind after selling shoes all day LOL

Haha could imagine alright. But those prices are crazy alright. Can't wait to start earning money if I ever get a job!

I'm sure there are people hiring! Even bar work? Sure I have another potential part time job which I hope I get so I can take advantage of the discounts LOL

Bar work handy alright, get job anywhere in world. No experience however. Just finishing up college now, I'm sure something will be there when come out. Was promised a job where I was on placement but they on hire freeze at moment! Oh well :)

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Dinner sounds fun!

Although if anyone is up for drinks this week? Maybe Friday? Or whatever suits

i`ll go...

Hey Vinta81, I'm up for Friday as you already know :p

• Advertisement

With bar work, find a local or quiet pub to start in to gain experience. It's where we all started LOL. Pulling a pint isn't hard At all although you do haveto dealwith some fools from time to time.

Yay two more people to intoxicate!

Pulling a pint isn't hard At all

Either is drinking one :D

With bar work, find a local or quiet pub to start in to gain experience. It's where we all started LOL. Pulling a pint isn't hard At all although you do haveto dealwith some fools from time to time.

Yay two more people to intoxicate!
    Yeah my sister has being at it for years and some fools there alright, especially out in country where they don't go home until 4am.
    kingtut wrote:
    Either is drinking one :D
    True!

My brother owns a bar in England so I know all thetricks of the trade. I'm always making cocktails at house parties lately LOL. I should start charging!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anto318

Hi all, I won't know if I'll be free for dinner that week cuz as far as I know I'm off to Scotland that week....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Id def like to go for dinner, but cant make Thurs the 19th as I will be away with work. I cant believe I missed yet another beers, I was free last week and everything, I would def have gone. Just havent had a chance to check this forum much lately. Next time someone text me okay ;)

How about this Thursday instead/ I know its close to St Patricks Day but hey... its looking like a boring week this week :)

Ok regarding dinner on Thursday the 19th it seems that plenty of people are free. A few people however are not. I'm curious, the people who said Thursday the 19th was okay, well would Thursday the 26th also be ok? Same question to the people who said Thursday the 19th was not ok...

I'm asking because the more people we have the better. Both Thursdays suit me anyway.
    440Hz wrote: »
    I
    How about this Thursday instead/ I know its close to St Patricks Day but hey... its looking like a boring week this week

Well there is a beers on the next day and also having it the following week gives people more time to think about where they want to go and lets them keep money for Paddy's weekend.

I know that for the following weeks I am planning a small trip back to "my" island, but I dunno when yet so don't worry about me...I'll try to be at the dinner anyway ^_^

I can't make the 19th for dinner. Maybe 26th not sure yet - depends where it is LOL

• Advertisement

depends where it is LOL

;)

Advertisement