Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Wallacebiy wrote: »

Anyhow , I'd be interested in a a social outing sometime , so I'll keep an eye in here

I am happy to see that my thread is producing great interest. Are you interested in going bowling?? It will prob be the first event of this thread....a lot of people have said they will go so far :) the more the merrier

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anywho - back to the bowling any night suits me
    Tue 27th Jan / Wed 28th Jan / Thu 29th Jan

Maybe stick up a poll?

mik_da_man wrote: »

Maybe stick up a poll?

will do now shortly just going to go through the posts again and pick out the most popular range of dates. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I haven't been to the LV since it reopened, is it much the same? Used to love it.

Pretty much the same. They moved the front door though - now you have to go in through the hotel next door.

I have created a poll for EVENT 1 - BOWLING.

Please use it to express the dates that you are interested in.
    Time and venue are yet to be decided.

Thanks!!

• Advertisement

I'm heading to the Mardyke for a few games of pool 2nite if anyone wants a lesson :D

Any more takers for bowling?? According to the poll we have 8 people up for it so far and 2 peope who are interested in going to a future event.

Speaking of which.....would anyone be interested in the following?

An evening of pool (the game).....I could set up a competition where by we have say 8 contestants....

It would work as follows:

8 players = 4 matches with 1 on 1 games in each case
    The 4 winners then go into the semi finals consisting of two matches.
    The 2 winners then enter the final which decides the overall winner...

Something along those lines anyway....anyone interested?? We could have set rules regarding potting the black, or maybe have a 'beginners competition' and then a competition for people who have played before....etc....open to suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I'll go bowling too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

kingtut wrote: »
    Any more takers for bowling?? According to the poll we have 8 people up for it so far and 2 peope who are interested in going to a future event.

An evening of pool (the game).....I could set up a competition where by we have say 8 contestants....

Something along those lines anyway....anyone interested?? We could have set rules regarding potting the black, or maybe have a 'beginners competition' and then a competition for people who have played before....etc....open to suggestions.

I can't play pool, I am even worst than at bowling...I can relax and have a DRINK (Feck! Arse! Girls!) while u play :)

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    I'll go bowling too

At least whilie playing bowling u won't have so much time to think "What the heck I'm doing here" LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Not going to be able to make bowling ,
    But I'd be up for pool alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'd be up for that, I'm pretty bad at pool though, my main technique is hoping that the other person pots the black accidently, but its good fun all the same.

Without wanting to overload our possible options for events but might I suggest organising a team for a table quiz sometime? They can be good fun but I haven't been to one in ages.

If people were up for it we could combine Bowling, Pool and Drinking :)
    Might be a lot for one night but AFAIK the mardyke does deals and maybe food also.
    I've organised a bowling night there before for work folk and it was a good laugh.
    I'm not sure about minimum numbers though...

And if people want to keep them seperate I'd be on for Pool any night.
    I can give lessons to people if they want too :D

All I can say to the 3 posts above this is "LOL" :D

Ah! i forgot this...If u decide to go to the LeisurePlex for the bowling there's a discount coupon (50%) on this month's "What's On" ^_^

Ah! i forgot this...If u decide to go to the LeisurePlex for the bowling there's a discount coupon (50%) on this month's "What's On" ^_^

Thanks Tirabaralla, that is where I had planned on the bowling to take place. Any objections ??

I'd be ok with that, it's far not away from where I live :)
    (no car...darn)

I'd be ok with that, it's far not away from where I live :)
    (no car...darn)

yay \o/

I'm thinking of setting up a poll for Event 2 - Pool Night......good or bad idea anyone?? It would not contain any dates...just whether people would enter the competition (might be a case of pay €2 and winner takes all etc), who would come and watch, who would come to play pool but not enter the competition etc...

Thanks Tirabaralla, that is where I had planned on the bowling to take place. Any objections ??

Yeah Leisureplex could be the handiest for people.
    The choices are
    Leisureplex
    Mardyke
    The Planet - Blackpool

My thoughts...
    Leisureplex:
    + Decent lanes, in town
    - Shoes can be dodgy, No Bar

Mardyke:
    + Bar, In town, decent shoes
    - Dodgy Lanes

The Planet
    + Bar, Good Lanes, Good Shoes
    - Out of town, you'll need a car/bus

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

keep me updated kingtut pls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

The Planet

where exactly is that?

It's out by blackpool, not too far from the shopping centre.
    http://www.planetleisure.ie/

Yeah Leisureplex could be the handiest for people.
    The choices are
    Leisureplex
    Mardyke
    The Planet - Blackpool

My thoughts...
    Leisureplex:
    + Decent lanes, in town
    - Shoes can be dodgy, No Bar

Mardyke:
    + Bar, In town, decent shoes
    - Dodgy Lanes

The Planet

Mik_da_man (and everyone else) I think the Leisureplex is the best option.
    The main reason for setting up this thread is so not we can do things together which are not always 'lets head to the pub' and also hopefully encourage people who are not into the pub/club scene to attend a boards meetup...

In saying that though there is of course no problem with people having a few drinks before / after the event.....(In fact some people might play better after a few drinks ha ha)

Ok so regarding the poll, the night we go will be based on the night that has the most number of votes by midnight tomorrow (Sunday). If you have not voted already then please do so (especially any of you lurkers!!! you know who you are).

Then we will organise the best time and venue.
    Thanks everyone

According to the bowling poll the two most popular dates are Thu 22nd with 7 votes and Fri 23rd (also with 7 votes).

The poll ends midnight tomorrow night (Sunday), if we still have a tie by then then people will have to post with which one suits them better.

If there is anyone attending for the first time then please feel free to pm with your number if you would like me to meet you before the event to show you where the venue is or simply so you know can call someone when you arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

According to the bowling poll the two most popular dates are Thu 23rd with 7 votes and Fri 24th (also with 7 votes).

Thursday is the 22nd and friday is the 23rd

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    Thursday is the 22nd and friday is the 23rd

whoops thanks - I edited my post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Damn College finishing up for a year on Wednesday, (but wahey for placement!), between class parties, goodbye parties and work dunno if Im gonna be able to attend this, so Im not going to vote and hopefully nothing will be on the night that wins!

dunno if Im gonna be able to attend this, so Im not going to vote and hopefully nothing will be on the night that wins!

Thanks for letting us know :) I hope you can make it as it is always nice getting to meet knew people. If you do end up being able to make it (date will be announced on Monday) and need a contact number feel free to pm me....unless of of course you have met one of the others already. :)

Enjoy all the parties!!!

Anymore takers for bowling?? Please vote in the poll by midnight tonight if you have not done so already....Looking like it will either be Thursday or Friday as both days have 7 votes each.

If we could get 8 people that would be great...otherwise it will be 3 people on one lane and 4 on the other as I think it is a maximum of 6 people per lane....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Anymore takers for bowling?? Please vote in the poll by midnight tonight if you have not done so already....Looking like it will either be Thursday or Friday as both days have 7 votes each.

If we could get 8 people that would be great...otherwise it will be 3 people on one lane and 4 on the other as I think it is a maximum of 6 people per lane....

the tie kind of sucks i'd vote with my other account but my other account can't go the same nights i'm going

Advertisement