Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

towel401 wrote: »
    the tie kind of sucks i'd vote with my other account but my other account can't go the same nights i'm going

lol :D

well if there is still a tie then anyone who voted for thu or fri (or both) will then post here and state which one they want....majority will then rule....

I know that if it comes down to it I would rather go on Friday even though I picked both Thu and Fri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I voted for thursday...

Can't go friday

Ok so the poll was tied and the we are all doomed as towel401 said at 2am this morning. Don't you have anything better to be doing at 2am like sleeping? :D

So now please choose either Thursday or Friday...most popular night will be the decider....I know that there are some people who can only go on Thursday or Friday but that is the way it goes....unless we go both nights?? I would be up for it....

Well I pick Friday anyway.......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Thursday for me, and my bro said he'll come along too.
    I think he's allergic to posting in the cork forum for some reason :)

ah feck it....

I propose that we go bowling on Thursday and Friday...that way everyone gets to go on at least one night....

according to the poll and based on what I have been told the following is the current situation:

The people who can only go on Thursday:
    mik_da_man
    mik_da_man's brother
    Necronomicon
    tommy1979

The people who can only go on Friday:
    Charco
    Princess_Lou
    tech

The people who can go on Thursday and Friday:
    gem25x
    kingtut
    Tirabaralla
    towel401

The people who will try and come but will not know until the last minute:
    save_our_socks

If we only go on one day then some people will be dissapointed.
    Any objections to going both nights gem25x ? Tirabaralla ? Towel401 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I am ok with that, I suppose.
    /me runs to pick up some spare copies of "what's on" to save the precious money...lol

me runs to pick up some spare copies of "what's on"

Thanks for that :) Will you bring two of them as we will have two lanes??

Would 8pm be ok with everyone or is it too early / late ?

8 pm is ok with me.
    I'll try to gather as many as it possible ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

kingtut wrote: »
    Any objections to going both nights....

this could backfire...

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    this could backfire...

what makes you say that?
    It is for the benefit of the people who cannot go both nights such as yourself...

It is only myself, towel401, Tirabaralla and Gem25x that are available both nights....according to the poll anyway. Waiting to hear from Gem25x and towel401

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

thanks kingtut I'll let himself know aswell he was asking constantly as he is out of the country at the minute :)

thanks kingtut I'll let himself know aswell he was asking constantly as he is out of the country at the minute :)

You are welcome Princess Lou. As you only voted Friday in the poll I take it that you choose Friday as the day you would attend.

This will only go ahead both nights if towel401 and Gem25x are ok with it (as Tirabaralla and I have both said we are ok with going both nights).

Oh and we still have save_our_socks who does not know if they will be free....

Leisureplex has there lanes at 20 euro during jan. thats what i heard on the radio today anyway!!! :D

Leisureplex has there lanes at 20 euro during jan. thats what i heard on the radio today anyway!!! :D

That is correct....and there is half price vouchers in the Whats On magazine (according to Tirabaralla)

wow thats good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Well it looks like Ill most likely be able to attend on the Thursday,(working Friday), sorry I know its annoying with the maybe/maybe not crap, but with college tying up etc. theres so many things to do and so many to say good bye to!

Well it looks like Ill most likely be able to attend on the Thursday,(working Friday), sorry I know its annoying with the maybe/maybe not crap, but with college tying up etc. theres so many things to do and so many to say good bye to!

Thanks for letting us know :)

If you (or anyone else reading this for that matter) have never met any boards people then feel free to pm me with your number if you would like me to meet you somewhere beforehand (so you are not wandering around aimlessly asking "are you from boards? :D")

So far one person has asked if I would meet them before hand so you are not the only newbie....assuming you are one of course.

Is 8pm at Leisureplex on McCurtain Street ok with everyone?? If not.....please say so.

If anyone doesn't know where that is then please let me know.

It's ok with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Damn it. I'm now working thursday as well as friday. I'm only working until 10 friday though, and I'm fairly close to town, so I might still get out...is there anything happening after bowling?

Also, dunno if it's been suggested yet, but how about a Boards Quazar event as a future outing? :)

• Advertisement

Ok so the line up for bowling is as follows:

Thursday Night Attendees (Leisureplex on McCurtain St at 8pm):
    1. gem25x
    2. kingtut
    3. mik_da_man
    4. mik_da_man's brother (he is a boards user but I can't remember his username)
    5. Tirabaralla
    6. Tommy1979
    7. towel401
    8. save_our_socks (she is not a definite just yet)

Friday Night Attendees (Leisureplex on McCurtain St at 8pm):
    1. gem25x
    2. kingtut
    3. Charco
    4. Princess Lou
    5. Tech
    6. Tirabaralla
    7. towel401
    8. save_our_socks (she is not a definite just yet)

If any of the above is not accurate please let me / us know.
    Thanks!

Damn it. I'm now working thursday as well as friday. I'm only working until 10 friday though, and I'm fairly close to town, so I might still get out...is there anything happening after bowling?

Also, dunno if it's been suggested yet, but how about a Boards Quazar event as a future outing? :)

Quazar has not been suggested before......I would be up for it......been years since I played it......All you have to do is wait and see who else picks up on your comment. This thread is designed for suggestions :)

Nothing has been organised for after bowling.....why not make a few suggestions with regards to what to do afterwards if you are going to be around?

What's Quazar? ^_^

Uh! Fun! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

a bit geeky though. but its ok if you don't tell anyone

My first movie at the cinema, I was six, has been Star Wars...don't remember which episode...lol
    You weren't born ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gem25x

hey hows things? ya im good for either night really, doubt could go to both really though, im easy though - will go along with whatever everyone else wants - ultra diplomatic lol:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

We're talking about an internet meet-up, that ship has sailed :p

/joke :)

Quazar is great fun altogether.

kingtut wrote:
    Nothing has been organised for after bowling.....why not make a few suggestions with regards to what to do afterwards if you are going to be around?

Hmm I might leave it until the next outing, although I was well up for it. Since we're gonna be in the Leisure Plex, anyone interested in taking it to the LV afterwards? Can't get much closer for a great pub.

• Advertisement

Since I am a lazy foreigner...I'll follow you guys in whatever pub ^_^

Advertisement