Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah weekend sounds better I guess. Don't worry about the pool, most are crap I'd say. Bare mik the man, he seems good. Come along sure. We could do with more people showing up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Kewl so the 2nd October,road trip to Dublin and stay at dave's mams house? or hotel/hostel

• Registered Users Posts: 42 That Dave Fella

I get free travel to Dublin but I suppose road trips are more fun!

I dunno how my mam would feel about 4 or 5 people showing up randomly, not like I haven't done it before :P

Oh we actually doing the road trip :pac: We can drink on way up. Who's driving tho and where do we park

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Oh we actually doing the road trip :pac: We can drink on way up. Who's driving tho and where do we park

Ok,it wouldn't be fare on the drivers that we'd all be drinking.we could get the train.drink to our hearts content! :)

• Advertisement

That sounds like a plan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

train + beamish = win

The train is grand, it'd be nice to have some company for a change :P

I'll check out accom. And prices etc,see who is def. Going

Cool stuff. We'd want to have a good few definetes however. I can't gaurantee yet but more than likely and especially if a good turn out.

• Advertisement

If we're getting the train it's much cheaper to book online and those with student travelcards get it for cheaper again.

What would you guys like to do in Dublin, the only thing I can really think of that can't be done as easily is the Zoo!

I've learned that the hard way. 66 bloody euro one way down from dublin to cork the last day when I came home from Germany. It was a bad idea flying into Dublin when my car was parked in Cork airport :(

yeh they're a bit of a ripoff, the only reason i go home so often is cause of free tickets that my dad gets otherwise it'd be once every month or two.

Had a ryan air ticket for 15 euro. But it was for another day unfort :( - Much cheaper way to get down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...u guys are kinda planning to come to Dublin and didn't say anything to me????? :-o
    sob...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...u guys are kinda planning to come to Dublin and didn't say anything to me????? :-o
    sob...

We were going to sneak up and tickle u when u were not expecting it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well there is a special deal on www.irishrail.ie now for €10 single cork to dublin...
    Selected times only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cat girl

Maybe people would be interested in joining a gospel choir? I found singing to be a good way of de-stressing and having a love of african/r and b sounds/gospel voices etc, I went in search of an african choir master who now teaches us various gospel songs/sounds on a monday evening after work in St johns college in Cork city. It has turned out to good fun due to the fact we're learning the moves too. No auditions involved and just a desire to unwind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

cat girl wrote: »
    Maybe people would be interested in joining a gospel choir? I found singing to be a good way of de-stressing and having a love of african/r and b sounds/gospel voices etc, I went in search of an african choir master who now teaches us various gospel songs/sounds on a monday evening after work in St johns college in Cork city. It has turned out to good fun due to the fact we're learning the moves too. No auditions involved and just a desire to unwind.

is lol the appropriate response?:)

is lol the appropriate response?:)

thats mean

• Advertisement

Dankoozy wrote: »
    thats mean
    ya it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cat girl

Sounds like it probably is the right response for you. A social outing with the National front might be more your thing -you might get an ole buzz off the goose stepping and - they think they're cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

is lol the appropriate response?

itsallabouttheL that was not a very nice comment.

Not everyones ideas are to everyones taste but it is not fair to mock their ideas. Doing so makes people less like to want to make suggestions.

cat_girl - thanks for posting your suggestion, I hope you keep it up and post many more. Please do not let silly comments from one individual deter you from posting things :) mind you in saying that it looks like you are welcoming of biting back ;) fair play :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I make a tongue in cheek comment and get called a nazi.... that's nice.

Ah infairness to itsallaboutheL, the comment wasn't that bad. Cat girls thing was just a little out of context to what a social outing would normally be, thats all.

i know a song that'll get on yer nerves
    get on yer nerves
    get on yer nerves
    oh i know a soong that'll get on yer nerves..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

HELLO! How is everyone doing? Sorry I have been away for ages. Busy working and doing boring things. But I'm back and I want a social life!!!! Help anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

anyone up for a photowalk down to the quays/docklands area? I was down there last week at around 6pm and it was excellent - lovely light.
    there's always a morning either.

440Hz wrote: »
    HELLO! How is everyone doing? Sorry I have been away for ages. Busy working and doing boring things. But I'm back and I want a social life!!!! Help anyone???

omg hai i thought you were gone for good. i spend most of my days being busy doing boring things now :(

deRanged wrote: »
    anyone up for a photowalk down to the quays/docklands area? I was down there last week at around 6pm and it was excellent - lovely light.

maybesies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

deRanged wrote: »
    Aww, i wanna come along!

Advertisement