Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

deRanged wrote: »
    are you and webmonkey cheating on the cork city forum with other lesser forums? slappers.

just trying to organise a few extra girls people for you to meet#
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Sorry :(

Nobody ever seems to be around this spot anymore...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Anyone interested in going to the quay coop for lunch sometime? Had a few meet ups there before and twas very nice. It'd be good for thinking up something really different to do, deranged is the best for that it seems!
    Could do something really nerdy like go visiting historical sites and museums on a sunday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Anyone interested in going to the quay coop for lunch sometime? Had a few meet ups there before and twas very nice. It'd be good for thinking up something really different to do, deranged is the best for that it seems!
    Could do something really nerdy like go visiting historical sites and museums on a sunday afternoon.

um, is that a completely vegetarian restaurant?

um, is that a completely vegetarian restaurant?

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Pineapple_Boi

kewl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

if you're interested in eating hazelnut burgers with peanut sauce belt away..its quite disgusting, even worse than dog food!!

and then they acompany it with 'sesame' boiled CABBAGE. nearly puked on my plate.

if you're interested in eating hazelnut burgers with peanut sauce belt away..its quite disgusting, even worse than dog food!!

and then they acompany it with 'sesame' boiled CABBAGE. nearly puked on my plate.

How are you in a position to compare anything to dog food exactly?
    I suggested it to see if other people who already know and like the co-op or fancy trying something new want to hook up there. If it's not your cup of tea fine don't come but you don't need to be so offensive about my idea.
    The hazlenut burger are lovely too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well I tried it a while ago to "try something new" and I was not impressed at all.
    The quality of the food was not that great IMO

I wont be going back anyway

Khrystyna100 thank you for your suggestion :)

Everyone please don't knock other peoples suggestions!

People won't bother posting suggestions if they feel like they will be shot down because of them and if that happens the forum will soon die. If you don't like what someone has suggested then please say nothing rather than saying something unpleasant. :mad:

kingtut wrote: »
    Khrystyna100 thank you for your suggestion :)Everyone please don't knock other peoples suggestions!

People won't bother posting suggestions if they feel like they will be shot down because of them and if that happens the forum will soon die. If you don't like what someone has suggested then please say nothing rather than saying something unpleasant. :mad:

To be fair, you can see where people are comming from....

Plus this isn't the Sunshine and Lollipops Forum, a bit of healthy debate is good for the soul.

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    Everyone please don't knock other peoples suggestions!

I for one was not knocking anything.
    one poster gave a positive view of the place, I felt I was entitled to post my expierence.
    We aren't dealing with kids here, people can make their own minds up.
    I'd dislike it if we were only allowed post positive reviews of places tbh - it kinda goes against the whole discussion element of boards.

ps - if you have a problem with a post you know theres a button for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

How are you in a position to compare anything to dog food exactly?
    I suggested it to see if other people who already know and like the co-op or fancy trying something new want to hook up there. If it's not your cup of tea fine don't come but you don't need to be so offensive about my idea.
    The hazlenut burger are lovely too.

because I have eaten in GOOD places and know what GOOD food tastes like maybe and this food was just rank!! no need to attack me like..

To be fair, you can see where people are comming from....

Plus this isn't the Sunshine and Lollipops Forum, a bit of healthy debate is good for the soul.

True however I didn't see any element of 'health' in this debate.
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    I for one was not knocking anything.
    one poster gave a positive view of the place, I felt I was entitled to post my expierence.
    We aren't dealing with kids here, people can make their own minds up.
    I'd dislike it if we were only allowed post positive reviews of places tbh - it kinda goes against the whole discussion element of boards.

ps - if you have a problem with a post you know theres a button for that.

Mick I was not refering to your post.

I did not say only positive reviews were allowed and my concerns were purely based on the fact that if people are shot down for their suggestion then they are unlikely to suggest something else. Just my opinion (and based on private messages that I have received in the past from people who are afraid to post suggestions and ask me to post them on their behalf).

I am aware of where the report button is but prefer to air my 'issues' openly, I don't think that button helps at all unless someone is being abusive.

Why the aggro guys? This thread is supposed to be about meeting new people and having a laugh not having a go at each other!
    Miss shadow, I really can't see how my response to you could be seen as an 'attack', I just found your post a bit rude and negative when all I was trying to do was suggest hooking up with a few people for a chat and whatever.
    If anyone's interested just pm me otherwise hasn't everyone got better things to be doing than arguing about petty sh*te like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

how about the Crawford Art Gallery for some art, followed by some lunch somewhere in the vicinity?
    Say Saturday 9th at about 11 or 11:30?

this would as well as the event Kingtut is organising.

how about the Crawford Art Gallery for some art, followed by some lunch somewhere in the vicinity?
    Say Saturday 9th at about 11 or 11:30?

this would as well as the event Kingtut is organising.

I love that idea, only thing is I'm going to Clark on the Friday I think so will have people staying with me so may have to make the next one if I can't do this one!

I love that idea, only thing is I'm going to Clark on the Friday I think so will have people staying with me so may have to make the next one if I can't do this one!

I'm not tied to the 9th or anything, so can move it to the next saturday if it suits people better. let's see if anyone else responds.
    if they do, I'll make a dedicated thread and we can firm up on details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I wouldnt mind going to see the Terror and the Sublime exhibition but wouldnt be able to make it till the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Hi all. Would it be OK to jump in on this thread? I'm recently split up with my GF of just over 6 years and need to get out and about as I need to meet peeps and I'm getting bloody cabin fever. :)

colblimp wrote: »
    Hi all. Would it be OK to jump in on this thread? I'm recently split up with my GF of just over 6 years and need to get out and about as I need to meet peeps and I'm getting bloody cabin fever. :)

Of course the more the merrier! It's always tough trying to readjust your social life after these things and good company helps a lot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Maybe these social outings should be periodic instead of sporadic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Pineapple_Boi

They should be held on the 29th of each month. because there was one on the 29th before and it had a good turn out, but the last one had a better turn out so maybe we should pick that day of every month instead, so as to guarantee a good turn out

well said.

They should be held on the 29th of each month. because there was one on the 29th before and it had a good turn out, but the last one had a better turn out so maybe we should pick that day of every month instead, so as to guarantee a good turn out

i'm sorry but i genuinely laughed at this..:)

Me too!
    But the idea of a regular outing date is a great idea.
    Then people can plan their time better and it should get a better turn out.
    I'm still up for random meets also

That is a good idea, would anyone else be interested in cinema nights say every 2 or 3 weeks? We could go for coffee afterwards for chat. Or if anyone has any other suggestions of what they would like to do then let us know.

mudokon wrote: »
    That is a good idea, would anyone else be interested in cinema nights say every 2 or 3 weeks? We could go for coffee afterwards for chat. Or if anyone has any other suggestions of what they would like to do then let us know.

Surely the idea of these meets is to get to know new people? How are you going to do that sat in a cinema? How about trips to different places in and around Cork? You could even jump on a Bus Eireann coach to somewhere - Kinsale, Bandon, Skib, Cobh, Fermoy etc. Now those are just thoughts off the top of my head, there's bound to be other places that would be good to visit? The idea is to do things that let people interact etc...

colblimp wrote: »
    Surely the idea of these meets is to get to know new people? How are you going to do that sat in a cinema? How about trips to different places in and around Cork? You could even jump on a Bus Eireann coach to somewhere - Kinsale, Bandon, Skib, Cobh, Fermoy etc. Now those are just thoughts off the top of my head, there's bound to be other places that would be good to visit? The idea is to do things that let people interact etc...

They are good suggestions, some day trips could be fun.

I suggested the cinema as people are likely to have different interests & it is something I like to do. I also suggested going for coffee etc afterwards for interaction. My idea was that it would be similar to the book club that seems to have been quite successful. It gives people an initial topic of conversation & then things can develop from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 30something2010

Hi,
    I just joined boards.ie and am very interested in joining one of the social groups. It's a bit confusing as there seems to be a few of them running altogether on this site. Anyway, if this one is still active, would love to get some details on the next planned outing,if that's ok.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hi and welcome, 30something. I don't think there's anything really structured about meet ups, I suppose we're all adults - we can arrange any meet up between us whenever we like. :)

Advertisement