Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

kingtut wrote: »
    The poll for Event 2 will be up shortly!!! Keep an eye out in the Cork Forum for it
    Wish I could but the pomeranian's hair falls out when she gets upset. Will try to swing by at some stage afterwards depending on where ye are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

Might head to the next one.

was my bday yesterday so didnt go and the fact im only new to the forum and know absolutely no one was another factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

corkhero wrote: »
    Might head to the next one.

was my bday yesterday so didnt go and the fact im only new to the forum and know absolutely no one was another factor.

Happy Belated Birthday! We are going bowling again tonight if you want to come!! Do not worry about knowing noone on here...

Tonight there is one new person who is definitely coming and possibly one other new person..If you want to go tonight and need a contact number please feel free to pm me me with your mobile number.

EVENT 2 POLL IS UP EVERYONE!!! YAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

Happy Belated Birthday! We are going bowling again tonight if you want to come!! Do not worry about knowing noone on here...

Tonight there is one new person who is definitely coming and possibly one other new person..If you want to go tonight and need a contact number please feel free to pm me me with your mobile number.

EVENT 2 POLL IS UP EVERYONE!!! YAY

ill be in dublin tonight unfortunately but ill definitely go play pool :)

corkhero wrote: »
    I'll head along to this.

ill enter the tournament too for a bit of fun anyway.

i'd say the mardyke is the best option. has a bar, central location and good tables.

Thanks :) if we could get 8 people minimum it would be good...

I would go anywhere anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Can you pre-book tables at the Mardyke? Book 2 so the losers can play as well?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep you can - you can specify which one you want.
    I think there's vouchers in the What's on for the mardyke.

Just so people know who are not familiar with the mardyke the pool tables are American ones - Bigger everything! Tables, Balls, Pockets.
    They are easy to play on, but may take a bit of geting used to if your used to playing on "regular" pub pool tables

Book 2 so the losers can play as well?

Are you refering to the people who get knocked out of the tournament? Sounds like a great idea to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Stuff:

Yep, I had fun yesterday ^_^

I'll be there tonight a bit later (KingTut knows)

I think the LeisurePlex is ok until they have this offer...in general I think it's the most expensive place, no?
    Another thing (don't hate me)...I'd have preferred to play all on the same lane, I think the challenge is bigger that way and it's easier to follow everyone's game (I know that in that way u have less time each...).
    Sorry for moaning...LOL

I'm gonna take a look at the new poll, ciao ^_^

Yep, I had fun yesterday ^_^

:)
    I'll be there tonight a bit later (KingTut knows)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I think the LeisurePlex is ok until they have this offer...in general I think it's the most expensive place, no?

I agree that it is the most expensive when they have no special offer on, however they do not sell alcohol so they have to charge higher prices. The Mardyke and other bars can charge a lot less as they make money from all the alcohol they sell.
    Another thing (don't hate me)...I'd have preferred to play all on the same lane, I think the challenge is bigger that way and it's easier to follow everyone's game (I know that in that way u have less time each...).

It was not me who suggested to use two lanes (I cannot remember who it was) but I was very happy with the idea... shame you did not say you were unhappy with it :( ah well sure we can go with the majority decision tonight. Bowling yay :D

• Advertisement

Was it u that I texted to yesterday evening? LOL
    Cause...do u remember...I told u I am gonna be there but a bit later cause of the italian grinds and I am not gonna play tonight but just join u and then partecipate in the after bowling (the drinking LOL)...Was it the wrong number I had and a stranger replied? :confused::D

Sorry I didn't say anything yesterday bout the lanes...too shy :P
    Wasn't a big deal, anyway...I had fun anyways and Mik teached me a bit how to roll the ball (Thank you, Mik!) ^_^

I suggested two lanes - Just thought with 3 on each lane we would have got more playing time and got 2 games in in the hour. (which we did :) )
    With 6 to a lane we would only have got one game and a fair bit of waiting around.

But I know what you mean Tirabaralla, it was like two little competitions and was difficult to track how each person was doing..

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I suggested two lanes - Just thought with 3 on each lane we would have got more playing time and got 2 games in in the hour. (which we did :) )
    With 6 to a lane we would only have got one game and a fair bit of waiting around.
    U are right on this...I know.
    (maybe one hour isn't enough...lol)

Was it u that I texted to yesterday evening?

Yes :D
    .do u remember...I told u I am gonna be there but a bit later cause of the italian grinds and I am not gonna play tonight but just join u and then partecipate in the after bowling (the drinking LOL)

Yes :D
    Was it the wrong number I had and a stranger replied?

No :D
    mik_da_man wrote: »

But I know what you mean Tirabaralla, it was like two little competitions and was difficult to track how each person was doing..

I did really badly so I am glad noone kept track of my score ha ha :D

Good boy :D

Good boy :D

:eek: :mad: :confused::(

:eek: :mad: :confused::(
    What's wrong?
    Did I misuse english in some way? :confused:

What's wrong?
    Did I misuse english in some way? :confused:

You called me a boy :( even though I am a man :( lol just kidding. I blame Towel401 for putting Cork English into your vocabulary (and mine :D)

I usually call "men" that I like "kids"...LOL
    My younger housemate on Inis Mor hated me for this (he still loved me anyway...LOL)...I think it's cause in Florence we call each other "son, daughter" or "boy, girl" no matter how old u are...and something similar it's all around Italy anyway, but just with friends and ppl u like...lol
    When I came to Cork (and even before actually relaocating) I've been teached that "b(u)oy" it's the world...:D
    Now u know a lot about my linguistic habits...lol (and this would make a very BAD joke in italian hahaha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Considering going tonight as I happen to be around and hvnt been bowling about year and a half.

Could someone who going PM me their number perhaps. If I do go I don't want to be in there not knowing who I looking out for!:D

• Advertisement

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Considering going tonight as I happen to be around and hvnt been bowling about year and a half.

Could someone who going PM me their number perhaps. If I do go I don't want to be in there not knowing who I looking out for!:D

I just sent you one. Fingers crossed you can make it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

wow im surprised no1 posted yet. Maybe they all have better things to do...

Yay I am the first to post....oh wait no I'm not :rolleyes: *jokes*

Thanks to everyone for turning up last night (and apologies to Tirabaralla on my behalf for failing to tell her that we left the leisureplex for an hour while waiting for a free lane. My bad :(

I have soooooooo much to report on from last night but I am too lazy to do it now (yes Fast_Mover I really do remember everything ;):D) oh and I have a couple of new threads to set up hee hee (mostly thanks to what Gem25x did or didn't say :P).

Later folks!

Anymore takers for the pool tournament? We have 6 people who wish to enter so far (and 3 people who just want to come and watch)...

I can start drawing the names when we get 8 people (16 would be an even better number but I doubt we will get it)....so if you want to enter a cost of €2 (winner takes all) then please do so via the poll asap.

Cheers!

I usually call "men" that I like "kids"...LOL
    My younger housemate on Inis Mor hated me for this (he still loved me anyway...LOL)...I think it's cause in Florence we call each other "son, daughter" or "boy, girl" no matter how old u are...and something similar it's all around Italy anyway, but just with friends and ppl u like...lol
    When I came to Cork (and even before actually relaocating) I've been teached that "b(u)oy" it's the world...:D
    Now u know a lot about my linguistic habits...lol (and this would make a very BAD joke in italian hahaha)

do people in italy say "ciao bambino" in real life?

Anymore takers for the pool tournament? We have 6 people who wish to enter so far (and 3 people who just want to come and watch)...

I can start drawing the names when we get 8 people (16 would be an even better number but I doubt we will get it)....so if you want to enter a cost of €2 (winner takes all) then please do so via the poll asap.

Cheers!

I'll try get the bro to sign up tmrw

i'll play if someone doesn't show up. there's always one..
    but i suck so it would be like throwing my 2e in the bin. still i`ll enter if some guy ends up not showing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'll play if there's still room, it's been a while though since I've played.

Yup there is still room (7 spots taken and we need a minimum of 8 people)...please stick your name on the poll in the "Cork Social Outings - EVENT 2 - POOL thread. Cheers

If we could get more than 8 then that would be great!!

I will take whatever names are on the poll from Wednesday (28th) at 10pm and put the names in a hat and draw them out to determine who plays who. (I'll reveal them between Thursday and Friday)....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

When's it on? I'd be interested but I don't want to put my name down if I can't make it...

Advertisement