Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I am learning something new from this thread:
    Give irish guys a pool night and they won't care at all about the ladies...

LOL

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey that's not fair :P

I agree :D

So can you make it on Thursday?
    and Miss Shadow, gem25x, Princess Lou,- you around??.....

Nice try ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sports can be sad. I caught myself moving around in my seat to try to see the match past the hot barmaid on Saturday. I suppose in some ways it would have been worse if I was staring at her boobs the whole night....

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Im currently dying with flu wont be going anywhere for a while!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I really hope lots of you come especially the lovely ladies :D

girl power and all that jazz lol :P

So where are we meeting on Thursday and at what time?

miss_shadow and parvus - is your match going ahead on Thursday? I have not heard from either of you.

The pool rules are as follows:
    1) If you pot the black at any point during the game (other than when it is your last ball) then you lose.
    2) You only get a single shot on the black ball (even when your opponent fouls).
    3) If you pot your opponents ball and then the black (which is your last ball) you lose.
    4) If your opponent fouls you get two shots
    5) if your opponent fouls you cannot hit the white ball backwards (if that makes sense).
    6) The losers should buy kingtut a pint*
    7) Rules regarding potting the black ball (opposite corner, pick and stick etc) are yet to be decided.

In terms of potting the black we have four options:
    a) Pick and stick (pick a pocket when you are on the black and you must stick with that one)
    b) Pick and move (pick the pocket you are aiming for and you can change the pocket for every shot)
    c) You must get the black into the pocket opposite to the one that your last ball went into.
    d) Pot the black into any of the 3 pockets on the side that your last ball went into.

Right, whoever is playing please reply with your preference of a, b, c, d. In the interest of fairness all games will go along with the majority vote on this one.

*or two...:D

My preference is C as I think it is makes winning even harder and prevents flukey wins.

Anyone got anymore suggestions for nights out?? Other events etc??
    If you do and you are afraid of suggesting them for fear of them being laughed at (which I certainly hope no-one would do) then please pm them to me. I will post the ideas on your behalf and will not mention your username. All I will say is that anyone interested in doing ....... someone else suggested it.

Only idea in the pipeline so far is Quasar......is the person who suggested it still keen on it?

I really hope everyone is enjoying this thread...make the most of it!! :D It is here for all of us...

• Advertisement

LOL@Blitz
    A hug to PrincessLou...be well soon!

Speaking for myself...I "miss" the normal stuff...to meet, to have a chat and a drink and then maybe to move to another place, have more chat and another drink, a stroll downtown, etc...something a bit more spontaneous. (sorry)

My 2 cents, eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

i'll go with option b, as i do need some flukiness in my game.:pac:

Speaking for myself...I "miss" the normal stuff...to meet, to have a chat and a drink and then maybe to move to another place, have more chat and another drink, a stroll downtown, etc...something a bit more spontaneous. (sorry)

My 2 cents, eh.

That post would be so much better if you put "Anyone interested?" at the end of it.....:) now that's my 2 cents...

P.S.. I'd be up for something like that (assuming you decide to suggest it lol).

I thought we already had something like that in "Cork beers", no? :confused:

I thought we already had something like that in "Cork beers", no? :confused:

oh yes of course. my mistake :( did you suggest it in that thread then? see you on Thursday?

I reckon Pick and stick is the hardest way to play the black so i'd be up for it
    but would be happy to go with b also

kingtut wrote: »
    oh yes of course. my mistake :( did you suggest it in that thread then? see you on Thursday?

No, I thought with the pool scheduled woudn't make much sense...
    Dunno ^_^

(and I am a foreigner and too shy to do that, probably)

Anyway, for thursday...I dunno, don't feel really comfortable at the idea at the moment, sorry...(I also had some bad days cause of bad news from home, I am not at my most cheerful moment and coming there to be a lonely lurker...hmm)...I'll let you know ^_^

So Guys and Gals what time we meeting 2nite?
    How does 8pm in the mardyke sound?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    So Guys and Gals what time we meeting 2nite?
    How does 8pm in the mardyke sound?

It sounds peachy :) just like an ice cold beer on a warm (if only) summer's day.

See you then.

I'll collect €2 from everyone when I see you. I just realised that whoever gets the €16 winnings will probably end up spending that amount or more playing pool so they are not going to break even lol but sure hey it's just a bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

i'll see yiz at 8.30 then....

• Advertisement

try www.socialcircle.ie for meeting new people and organising events.

What do you think this thread is for ?! :rolleyes:

edit: whoops...guess that is kinda harsh...well maybe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rebeloutcast

Sorry king

Just used this crowd before for a day in Delphi activity centre in mayo and was a good crack, they also organise drinks nights , sorry again:)

Sorry king

Just used this crowd before for a day in Delphi activity centre in mayo and was a good crack, they also organise drinks nights , sorry again:)

You're grand no worries should be me apologising. I just think we are doing a good enough job organising stuff here but hey I'll check it out later.

If you are in Cork we will be playing pool later......We are running a tournament and all places have been filled but feel free to pop along anyway....The more the merrier (especially newbies :D)

Welcome to boards btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

See ye then.

Good games lads - cheers

Thanks to the four people who came out tonight for the pool tournament (mik_da_man, Jeremiah 16:1, Tommy1979 and I.

Results are as follows:
    1 - corkhero vs wallacebiy - This match has not been played yet
    2 - Tommy1979 (0) vs mik_da_man (3) - Winner = mik_da_man
    3 - parvus vs miss_shadow - This match has not been played yet
    4 - kingtut (1) vs Jeremiah 16:1 (2) - Winner = Jeremiah 16:1

mik_da_man will play the winner of the match between corkhero and wallacebiy in the next round.

Jeremiah 16:1 will play the winner of the match between parvus and miss_shadow in the next round.

Winners of the killers games (thanks to mik for teaching us all this game)
    Match 1 - kingtut (ha ha)
    Match 2 - mik_da_man (grrrr)
    Match 3 - mik_da_man (grrrrrrrr)

corkhero and Wallacebiy have you played your pool game yet?

parvus and miss_shadow have you played your pool game yet?

The tournament cannot proceed any further until these games are played.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

waiting for wallace to give a time as he was sick thursday.

corkhero wrote: »
    waiting for wallace to give a time as he was sick thursday.

Thanks. The winner of your best of 3 will play against mik_da_man. He won his match 3-0 so watch out!! Tough one to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

Rigged.. haha.

Ah shur its only a bit of craic anyways.

Advertisement