Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thanks castie for making this thread into a sticky. To people who do not know this means that it will always remain on the first page of this forum.

Now suggestions people!! You all have some so please share!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

My suggestion is to join the beers on thursday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Aw I have to go to one of these soon enough. I have been keeping way too quiet.

I dont know if it has been mentioned before but the Bier Haus have a table quiz every Monday Night. There are no restrictions on how many per table etc.

I used to go to this religiously with himself every Monday night.

Really good fun, the winners normally get a free round of beer and also the team with the best name gets some free beer too!! :D

Based on the recent poll (which is on going so keep on voting the three most popular events in order are:

1) Beer night / pub crawl (surprise surprise!! ;)) - 13 votes
    2) Bowling night - 10 votes
    3) Cinema trip - 8 votes

As Princess_Lou is currently organising a beers night (tonight) and we had bowling about a month ago I propose that the next event is a cinema trip. We will do all the other stuff in due time...I want to keep it varied to keep it interesting and so not we are not doing the same thing all the time.
    I dont know if it has been mentioned before but the Bier Haus have a table quiz every Monday Night.

It has not been mentioned before but I love this idea. Thank you for the suggestion. Is it a general knowledge quiz yes?

So based on this who is interested in going some Monday night? I am.

So please let me know if you are interested in:
    1) Cinema Trip (maybe post what type of movies you like)
    2) Table Quiz

Do not worry about dates/times for now. Let's guage the interest first.

Yeah its a general knowledge quiz. Really great night. I better double check with them and see is it still on.

Im up for anything. Count me in for the next meet up. I also have loads of buy one get one free games of pool for the Mardyke. :D:D

It really saves a packet seeing that its like 12Euro an hour for a table.

• Advertisement

Im up for anything. Count me in for the next meet up. I also have loads of buy one get one free games of pool for the Mardyke. :D:D

I love you already :) (in a friendly boardsie way of course lol)

Well there is a beers meetup tonight. I will not be at it but check out the "Cork Beers" thread if you are interested.

I am intersested in the quiz nights alright!
    We don't have anything similar in Italy and I'd love to take part in some!

Next Monday, eh? Eh? :)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

kingtut wrote: »
    Based on the recent poll (which is on going so keep on voting the three most popular events in order are:

1) Beer night / pub crawl (surprise surprise!! ;)) - 13 votes
    2) Bowling night - 10 votes
    3) Cinema trip - 8 votes

As Princess_Lou is currently organising a beers night (tonight) and we had bowling about a month ago I propose that the next event is a cinema trip. We will do all the other stuff in due time...I want to keep it varied to keep it interesting and so not we are not doing the same thing all the time.

It has not been mentioned before but I love this idea. Thank you for the suggestion. Is it a general knowledge quiz yes?

So based on this who is interested in going some Monday night? I am.

So please let me know if you are interested in:
    1) Cinema Trip (maybe post what type of movies you like)
    2) Table Quiz

Do not worry about dates/times for now. Let's guage the interest first.

I'd go to the Bierhaus

By the way I'm over my illness and must reschedule with Corkhero.

If we can try and do it by Sun it would be best I reckon .

Woowho. :D

I just checked and yep the Bier Haus still have their table quiz every Monday night. It starts at 9 but you are better off going at 8 to get settled and to get seats.

I just checked and yep the Bier Haus still have their table quiz every Monday night. It starts at 9 but you are better off going at 8 to get settled and to get seats.

yay \o/ by the way I am rubbish at sports questions so we need someone there who does!

Oh and that just gave me an idea.
    How about sometime we have our own quiz???

I can do the questions and we can meet somewhere and answer them or do them online or something...A few euro to enter and winner (person with most correct answers) takes all type thing (there would be a tie-breaker question if there was a tie). Thoughts anyone?? It could be based on boards type stuff....maybe

• Advertisement

Played Corkhero tonight , Really enjoyable game .
    I just shaded it 3-2
    He's good , but got unlucky in the first frame and and had to battle a bit to make up that lost ground.

Looking forward to the next round !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

Wallacebiy wrote: »
    I just shaded it 3-2
    He's good , but got unlucky in the first frame and and had to battle a bit to make up that lost ground.

Congrats Wallace. Was a good game.

Best of luck for the rest of the tournament.

You played best of 5? We were saving that for the final :D

Ah well congratulations Wallacebiy and commiserations Corkhero.

The matches are now as follows:
    1st Round Match:
    parvus vs miss_shadow - Still waiting on this to be played

Semi-Final Matches:
    1)mik_da_man vs Wallacebiy (you can start organising this one guys)
    2)Jeremiah 16:1 will play the winner of the match between parvus and miss_shadow.

You played best of 5? We were saving that for the final :D

Ah well congratulations Wallacebiy and commiserations Corkhero.

It only took about a 1/2 an hour:D

I didn't know if I was going to Dublin Sunday/Monday but I won't so...I'd interested in the quiz night on Monday, if someone else is :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Wallacebiy wrote: »
    I just shaded it 3-2

Good work - when suits you to have our match?
    Any evening next week is good for me.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Good work - when suits you to have our match?
    Any evening next week is good for me.

OK Let me get throught the weekend and see what my diary is like . Maybe tues or wed next week ?

Yep that's grand - let me know when suits

So who is interested in going to the cinema on Thursday of next week (26th Feb around 9ish) probably in the Gate Cinema in the city as it is central to most people and plenty of people do not drive....

If the date and time doesn't suit please suggest alternatives.

We could take a look at the listings closer to the time and see what is on.

9 people expressed interest in the poll and they were:
    all_smilz, BeansMeansHynes, cullig_jp, eoccork, JohnK, kingtut, Princess Lou, tech and Tirabaralla. Anyone else?

So if this still interests you perhaps reply saying so and also post the genre or type of movie you like (and perhaps hate).

If we have newbies coming we could grab a tea/coffee/pint etc beforehand so that they can meet us all properly, especially seeing as we can't chat in the cinema (unless you want someone to throw a bucket of popcorn over your head!!!)

If anyone needs my number to meet up beforehand please pm me and I'll give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

i can has invite?

Show times around 9 kinda suck. And the latest show for Pink Panther 2 is 6:45 :(

Only Friday the 13th and Notorious start at 9.

• Advertisement

I'd tip along to the cinema

1st Round Match:
    parvus vs miss_shadow - Still waiting on this to be played

Semi-Final Matches:
    1)mik_da_man vs Wallacebiy (you can start organising this one guys)
    2)Jeremiah 16:1 will play the winner of the match between parvus and miss_shadow.

All it seems that parvus does not wish to be in the tournament (they only have 5 posts, all of them on the 26th of Jan and have not responded to my messages).

With this being said, there is now one spot left open in the tournament.
    It costs €2 to enter and the winner gets €16 all together (not much but it is just for fun!)

The first person who posts here and says that they will definitely play gets the spot!! The second person who posts will be used as a standby in case the first person has to cancel (which you better not ha ha)

The match between mik_da_man and Wallacebiy is on tomorrow at 9pm (where is it on guys? Mardyke? for anyone that wishes to watch). The winner of this will be in the final!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I can make the cinema this thursday or friday could you tweek it a week earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Doh! - Didn't realise you were talking about next week.

Gran Torino is out next week.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

I can make the cinema this thursday or friday could you tweek it a week earlier?

+1

next week i'll be gone

I only suggested that date to get the idea out there :)

Ya have to see when everyone is free...the more the merrier so just cos I picked the date doesn't mean it cannot change lol. I know I'm a king but I'm a nice King :) x

You have a few votes for this week so far anyway :D

Playing pool tomorrow miss_shadow?

If people can post the movie they want to see that would help, or even just the genre that they like and perhaps hate....comedy, action, love ;), horror etc

I am not here this thursday but I'd be here on friday, so I'd be up for the cinema on friday, with maybe a drink after if someone wants to keep me company ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Someone eh jo.. Lol .friday sounds good .i vote comedy

Someone eh jo.. Lol .friday sounds good .i vote comedy

More than one person is ok too...lol...and safer for the gossip virus that is going around round here ( I lame traffic cone again).

Comedy or cartoon sounds sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

what has traffic cone done wrong?

Advertisement