Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Someone eh jo.. Lol .

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

towel401 wrote: »
    what has traffic cone done wrong?
    Do u remember the "who is your valentine" thread?
    :rolleyes:
    Is gone mad...lol

I will not be around on Friday as I am going to Wicklow for the weekend...

I just took a look at the listenings and I am going to go and see Friday the 13th in the gate cinema at 9pm tomorrow (Thursday)....anyone care to join me? I would aim to be there around 8.40...

I have no problem going alone if noone wants to join me (sniff sniff), it is a new release so I am going to get my ticket tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

The person who picks the best movie to watch wins me. Start your bets now ladies and gents

The person who picks the best movie to watch wins me. Start your bets now ladies and gents

lol well I picked my movie before you stated that so guess I am out of the competition and I didn't choose a comedy so I rightly screwed...ah well I'll try not to get too upset about it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Gran Torino is out next week.....
    Decent film, albeit a bit on the cheesy side like all of Clint Eastwood's recent stuff.

Illkillya wrote: »
    Decent film, albeit a bit on the cheesy side like all of Clint Eastwood's recent stuff.
    Probably true, but I'd like to see it nonetheless.

About this week: I am not in Dublin as I was supposed to be, so I am free tomorrow as well for the cinema...but no horror movies for me...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Probably true, but I'd like to see it nonetheless.

If you haven't seen Slumdog then you should watch that first for sure, but Gran Torino is well worth the trip to the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

If you haven't seen Slumdog then you should watch that first for sure, but Gran Torino is well worth the trip to the cinema.

Really want to see slumdog.

Must head to it over the weekend.

Heading to the cinema is a rarity so will be fun

Hmmm...I thought they were sorta different kind of stuff, but I'd like to see both of them, tbh...Has been ages since I've been to the cinema...I don't even remember if I've ever beeen to the cine in Ireland, now that I think about it!

• Advertisement

Um ok well i am not not a fan of clint eastwood. Friday the 13th i'd like go see.anyone else for it??

Friday the 13th i'd like go see.anyone else for it??

ahem :)
    kingtut wrote: »
    I am going to go and see Friday the 13th in the gate cinema at 9pm tomorrow (Thursday)....anyone care to join me?

Ok so thats us two. Anymore peoples want to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm tempted but will can't commit right now :( Will prolly know by 6 tomorrow.

I'm tempted but will can't commit right now :( Will prolly know by 6 tomorrow.

ok well if ya want I can pm you my number and you can let me know if we are to expect you? in case we are not online

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anto318

Hi all,

I'd be interested in meeting up for a movie or a drink next week if anyone is free. This is my 1st post in this forum as I'm a newly single 24yr old fella so need to start getting out again.

Is there anything organised for next week?

Anthony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Anto318 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'd be interested in meeting up for a movie or a drink next week if anyone is free. This is my 1st post in this forum as I'm a newly single 24yr old fella so need to start getting out again.

Anthony

there is i think. you might meet a few nice beours :)

Hi all,

Anthony

Hi Anthony, welcome to the Cork forum.
    There is nothing definitive planned for next week however but the way this forum works is that you suggest something and see who is interested....

If you want to go for beers post it in the Cork beers thread with when you would like to go and wait for people to bite :) have a look in there now and see if anything is being planned....

With regard to the cinema this thread is the best place for it. So far two of us are going to the cinema tomorrow (take a look at the last 1/2 pages of this thread for the details if you want to go). There is a "what event interests you" thread if you want to do the poll and see who else is interested in the same stuff as you.

Oh and we have a pool tournament on going at the moment...one person who signed up has cancelled so there is a free spot if you want it...there are 8 people in total, it costs €2 to enter and the winner gets €16. Not much but it is just for fun. A few of the games have started but they can't finish as we have one first round match unplayed....which is the spot you would take.

The pool sounds good, where and when is it on? I'm living in Carraigtohill so wouldn't mind finding something to do in the evenings.

I'll keep checking back to see if there is anything on next week as I won't be able to make the cinema tomorrow night.

Thanks all

The pool sounds good, where and when is it on?

The pool games so far have been in the city and it is up to you to organise a time and place with the person you are playing. When you have this organised you need to post it up so that anyone who wants to watch can. See below for the tournament standings so far:

Congratulations to mik_da_man who won his pool games tonight against Wallacebiy with a score of 2-1. Mik_da_man is now in the final!!! Congratulations!

The rest of the matches are now as follows:

1st Round Match:
    miss_shadow vs Anto318 (or im_invisible....whoever is free first as we need to get this tournament wrapped up). You can now start organising when suits you all.

Semi-final: Winner of 1st round match vs Jeremiah16:1

Final: mik_da_man vs the semi-final winner

• Advertisement

I'm free from Wednesday evening on next week so miss_shadow let me know what day/time suits you.

I don't know any pool halls in the city so hopefully we can sort something out.

I'm free from Wednesday evening on next week so miss_shadow let me know what day/time suits you.

I don't know any pool halls in the city so hopefully we can sort something out.

Great! I't'll probably be thursday evening but that has to be confirmed. Location is the mardyke, i'm sure if you google it will give you map!

Anyone else joining miss_shadow and I at the cinema tonight? We are going to see Friday the 13th in the gate cinema in the city at 9pm. All are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

ok well if ya want I can pm you my number and you can let me know if we are to expect you? in case we are not online

Ta. I've got some project work to get done before I can head out and it's not going well so far. Maybe I should be working instead of browsing on boards.....

Also torn between the cinema and beers now. I'll probably have to drive so the cinema would automatically limit my drink intake, but I'm kinda in the mood for a few.

Ta. I've got some project work to get done before I can head out and it's not going well so far. Maybe I should be working instead of browsing on boards.....

Also torn between the cinema and beers now. I'll probably have to drive so the cinema would automatically limit my drink intake, but I'm kinda in the mood for a few.

ok lol well if you drive you cannot drink regardless of whether you go to the beers or the cinema. I mentioned the cinema before the beers came about so I have to stick with the cinema myself. I'm sure if you end up going to the beers someone will give you their number if you ask in that thread... Now back to work for you!!! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Congratulations to mik_da_man who won his pool games tonight against Wallacebiy with a score of 2-1. Mik_da_man is now in the final!!! Congratulations!

Cheers - thanks to Wallacebiy for a good game.
    And a good chat about the various pubs in cork!

Roll on the Final :D

Thursday should be fine miss_shadow. I'll check back in again on Tue or Wed to see if we are still able to meet for a game.

What time would suit you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Cheers - thanks to Wallacebiy for a good game.
    And a good chat about the various pubs in cork!

Roll on the Final :D

The man knows his pubs alright. Sound bloke.

Told me of a deal chambers used do years ago.

15 tequilas. u pay for what u dont drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The rest of the matches are now as follows:

1st Round Match:
    miss_shadow vs Anto318 (or im_invisible....whoever is free first as we need to get this tournament wrapped up). You can now start organising when suits you all.

Semi-final: Winner of 1st round match vs Jeremiah16:1

Final: mik_da_man vs the semi-final winner

It suits me to have the semi final the same day as miss shadow's-Anto318's match.

How about you mik_da_man? Thursday (or whatever day is decided upon) for the final too?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah - thursday is good for me too
    actually any evening next week until thursday is grand

Advertisement