Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurospar locations in Galway?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eurospar.ie/locations/list.asp?county=Galway

I've checked here and they said there's only Eurospar's in the outer county - Does anyone know if there's any Eurospar's around the city?

Need to pick me up some €1 offer things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just spotted that the offer i'm after is also in normal Spar shops too - happy days, sure those things are on every fcukin' corner :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Plutonium, detonators and tungsten tipped screws for €1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Robbo wrote: »

and indeed............firelogs :pac:

funny enough, was going to pm John about that offer today anyway...

Well it was hardly the hang sangwichessss :eek:

Ah lads, ye know me too well :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Robbo wrote: »

That's exactly 1/2 of what the €2 shop on Mainguard Street is selling them for! Excellent value!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Have to say, if they are Spar brand firelogs, I found them awfully sh*te tbh:(
    If you haven't used them before, try them before you buy 50 of them imo

inisboffin wrote: »
    Have to say, if they are Spar brand firelogs, I found them awfully sh*te tbh:(
    If you haven't used them before, try them before you buy 50 of them imo

Thanks for the tip, will buy 1 on the weekend and give it a trial

No problemo :)
    I may just have been unlucky with the few I've bought, but uniformally sh*te they were:rolleyes:

No problemo :)
    I may just have been unlucky with the few I've bought, but uniformally sh*te they were:rolleyes:

In what sense? getting them lit? keeping them lit? Just the general flame out of them?

Kind of all 3:rolleyes:
    Main complaint is that with at least 2 of them, the paper burned completely off without touching the firelog! Had to put a firelighter under it to crank it up.
    Flame was very low and heat the same.

• Advertisement

Main complaint is that with at least 2 of them, the paper burned completely off without touching the firelog! Had to put a firelighter under it to crank it up.

Cheers for the info. Only one way to test this, gonna get one on the weekend and see how she fares out

Always a worry incase the paper burns out without lighting the actual log.

That's why I always keep one of these bad boys close-by:
    image01.jpg

Handy as feck, bought in Lidl/Aldi few years ago, except the arm is at a 90degree angle to the can so you have a long reach at what you're trying to light so you don't blow yourself up

:D:D

Be great for lightin' wee folks pipes too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I've found that with a few different brands. I usually put in a bit of firelighter to make it get going at all/get going faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ya the paper burning off without the log catching can happen the best of them.

The worst is when it happens a BnM firepack i.e. the coal. At least with the log you can get it going easy enough.

kayos wrote: »
    Ya the paper burning off without the log catching can happen the best of them.

The worst is when it happens a BnM firepack i.e. the coal. At least with the log you can get it going easy enough.

I'd say the coal would be a pain in the t1ts if this happened alright. As you say, if it happens with a firelog, just get something burnable (like newspaper) and make sure the firelogs get contact with the flame for a few seconds, it'll take off easily enough

Gave one of the 1euro Spar Firelogs a go. They definately need more encouragment to get going than the BNM ones. The paper burned out without lighting the log. Gas torch to the rescue :D Having said that, once it gets going it's the exact same as BNM one. I guess though the point of the Firelog is convenience, which the Spar one isin't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Gave one of the 1euro Spar Firelogs a go. They definately need more encouragment to get going than the BNM ones. The paper burned out without lighting the log. Gas torch to the rescue :D Having said that, once it gets going it's the exact same as BNM one. I guess though the point of the Firelog is convenience, which the Spar one isin't

But whats the price difference?

Advertisement