Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new shops popping up

• 14-01-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

was coming through town yesterday and noticed 2 new tattoo type shops.

one named trinity ink, right beside doyles under the trinity barbers and a tattoo supply shop on dame street. Had sweet looking chairs in the windows :)

Heard rumors of a new studio opening in dundrum shopping centre, but don't know how true they are since the same studio (not mentioning names) is rumored to be closing also.

curiouser and curiouser i grow

anyone else seen any new places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

isn't zulu opening up again on the northside?
    i heard among my travels that it was along with a piercer from a certain temple bar studio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

suzaane wrote: »
    isn't zulu opening up again on the northside?
    i heard among my travels that it was along with a piercer from a certain temple bar studio
    A skinny mohawked one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

.. cos last i'd heard zulu and metal morphosis were closed down. ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Zulu is open already, started a thread about it a while back.
    Its along the river, on the opisite side of the ha' penny bridge.
    Its called Zulu tat2 and as far as i know its mostly the same guys.

The shop in dundrum, as it is right now is too expensive for the people to open it, i know this because i was told first hand.
    There was an agreed price, which was then razed drasticly the day before the handing over of the keys, so its been put on hold untill they can get another agreed price.

A skinny mohawked one??
    yaaah that's what i've heard!
    i think he's opening a piercing place along with it.
    we laughed about it, because he's gonna actually HAVE to be nice to people to get business on the north side.

• Advertisement

If said deal goes through, he'll actually be going a lot further south than town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yaaah that's what i've heard!
    i think he's opening a piercing place along with it.
    we laughed about it, because he's gonna actually HAVE to be nice to people to get business on the north side.
    I give him a month

CianRyan wrote: »
    If said deal goes through, he'll actually be going a lot further south than town.
    is it him opening in dundrum?
    or where?
    I give him a month
    mhmm thats what i said.

is it him opening in dundrum?
    or where?

Well thats the plan, but he really got fcuked over, money wise.

A leap of like €5000-€11,000.

Not sure what that was for exactly, but that was on top of rent and everything else.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

CianRyan wrote: »
    The shop in dundrum, as it is right now is too expensive for the people to open it, i know this because i was told first hand.
    There was an agreed price, which was then razed drasticly the day before the handing over of the keys, so its been put on hold untill they can get another agreed price.

Damn!!! I could walk to Dundrum from my house in like 20 mins!!! So much easier than going in to town! Although it depends on who the studio is......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I am *disgusted* by that tattoo supply place.

I suspect there aren't enought tattooists in the country to keep a shop on dame street open, so money will need to be coming in from other customers....

And, supporting my theory, there are no tattoo machine brands of note on their site - just all purpose crap like you get in the backs of magazines...What legitamate tattooist is going to blow money on that?

Plus, they are selling those poxy "kits". It is important to note that the "beginner kit" (now 25 quid less, woo!) includes two steel complete tubes.... Now what will a beginner do with those after the first use.....? Rinse them in the kitchen sink of whatever gaff his housecalling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

hot2def wrote: »
    Now what will a beginner do with those after the first use.....? Rinse them in the kitchen sink of whatever gaff his housecalling?

Soak them in Milton with the babys bottles probably...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

The regulations that they introduced in the UK need to be adopted over here ie only registered artists can buy equipment.

hot2def wrote: »
    I am *disgusted* by that tattoo supply place.

And, supporting my theory, there are no tattoo machine brands of note on their site - just all purpose crap like you get in the backs of magazines...What legitamate tattooist is going to blow money on that?

Plus, they are selling those poxy "kits". It is important to note that the "beginner kit" (now 25 quid less, woo!) includes two steel complete tubes.... Now what will a beginner do with those after the first use.....? Rinse them in the kitchen sink of whatever gaff his housecalling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackbox1

Their are now 2 current supply est.
    Primesupply owned Remis who used to work in celestial ring on abbey st.
    All products are from CHINA.

Second is WILDCAT IRELAND they have a half page spread in this months SKINDEEP.

If one is going to decide to take up the art of tattooing. They will order supplies in these places. And if they were not here then it would be bought elsewhere.Which they do !!!

We all know someone who knows someone who tattoos ?? from home , does tattoo parties or does house calls.

This will take place whether their is regulation or not.

It's up to these est. to educate and inform good working practices.

If people on this site feel so strongly about this happening. Maybe they should do something about. Instead of sitting on the fence pointing one's finger !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

i think its more about the selling of tubes.... there are plastic tubes now at such a reasonable cost. anyone who does not have a autoclave is mad not to buy the disaposable..

yes i have a med bin and a friend in a hospital so all items are disposed of correctly.

i have no problem with people selling the equipment in dublin.. because if someone wanted it and could not buy it there..

they will get it online anyhow.
    but with every machine they should come very good instructions on good pratice. that might be a idea

trigene is a part of a starter kit also imo
    people who want to do a little at home or for a hobby shud relaise to do it wth the best hygiene pratices they can or just not bother..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Not a good post for your third one here.

Consider this a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 hibrat

Was walking down north king st round smithfield this morn and passed a chinese hair/beauty place that now does tattoos?! think its new:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Anyone been in Zulu Tat2? My bro booked in there with Jani for a large cover up soon.

Any had any experience in there. Just as a shop in general, and maybe of any of the other artists....I've read alot about Jani and have seen a good few of examples of his work first hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

He does great colour work. A lot of people are put off by his attitude but personally I've never experienced anything that would put me off getting tattooed by him and I've sat over 12 hours with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Yeah, I've met him once, and seen a good bit of his work.

Anyone know who else is in there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maser

supply and demand...the only resion there is so many shops is there is so many suckers gettn ink..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maser

Off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackbox1

i think its more about the selling of tubes.... there are plastic tubes now at such a reasonable cost. anyone who does not have a autoclave is mad not to buy the disaposable..

yes i have a med bin and a friend in a hospital so all items are disposed of correctly.

i have no problem with people selling the equipment in dublin.. because if someone wanted it and could not buy it there..

they will get it online anyhow.
    but with every machine they should come very good instructions on good pratice. that might be a idea

trigene is a part of a starter kit also imo
    people who want to do a little at home or for a hobby shud relaise to do it wth the best hygiene pratices they can or just not bother..

So what are you hygiene practices ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Will wrote: »
    a tattoo supply shop on dame street. Had sweet looking chairs in the windows :)

AFAIK It's not just a supply shop, it's going to a be a studio too. It's Remus who used to work in celestial rings new place. My friend is having work done there by him next week :D

Advertisement