Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small accident, advice on repair required!

Options
  • 14-01-2009 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Had an small accident the other day and called the gardai. The garda agreed that the other driver was responsible for the damage, and he then said he'd fix it himself, it'd take about 5 hours and a trip of over 2 hours for me to get to his place to get the car fixed and then 2 hours home again. However, I'm concerned as the car will require painting and he said he wouldn't paint it, am I entitled to get a quote for repair from my garage and get him to pay for the repair of the car with my garage?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Save yourself a world of grief and just go through his insurance company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭kahaya

That's exactly what I'd rather do! Get the repair done correctly! Not just a paintless dent removal!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Go ahead with that then, don't have any further contact with the other party.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I wouldn't trust some random guy to repair the damage he did himself! Like everyone else said, go through the insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭kahaya

Thanks a millions for the info lads! It puts me at ease.

• Advertisement
Advertisement