Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Dish Reset Charge?!?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hi, a mate is on Irish Broadband, breeze package. He's having trouble connecting to the net now cos he reset the router and can't log in now, i told him to ring them and ask for the log in info and they said they'd send someone out to sort the problem but it would cost €100 as the dish outside has been reset somehow. Are they having a laugh or what? nobody has touched the dish outside so charging that to reset it seems a bit ridiculous. I was under the impression he'd just need the login info for the router to set it up again. Am i wrong? i don't use IBB so i'm not sure....

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi, a mate is on Irish Broadband, breeze package. He's having trouble connecting to the net now cos he reset the router and can't log in now, i told him to ring them and ask for the log in info and they said they'd send someone out to sort the problem but it would cost €100 as the dish outside has been reset somehow. Are they having a laugh or what? nobody has touched the dish outside so charging that to reset it seems a bit ridiculous. I was under the impression he'd just need the login info for the router to set it up again. Am i wrong? i don't use IBB so i'm not sure....

Is he's reset the router, it's probably lost the static IP that he needs to connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

if he reset the "black box", that comes with "alverion" units, this disconnects the unit from the network, and the only way to reset it, is with the correct software, which means physcially connecting a laptop to the unit, and re programming it. Definate call out.

If he has reset a wifi router or similar he should be able to do it himself.

Sometimes customers and tech staff get mixed up about what was reset.

Best make sure was was reset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

if he reset the "black box", that comes with "alverion" units, this disconnects the unit from the network, and the only way to reset it, is with the correct software, which means physcially connecting a laptop to the unit, and re programming it. Definate call out.

If he has reset a wifi router or similar he should be able to do it himself.

Sometimes customers and tech staff get mixed up about what was reset.

Best make sure was was reset

Yeah, he reset the router. I'll double check but i'm 99% certain that's the case.

Advertisement