Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aengus Ó Snodaigh (of Sinn Fein) & his Goebbels/ Nazi/ Israeli outburst

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

So not content with trying to bait republicans in the 1916 thread, you decided to create your own for the same purpose? Because that is the only thing this thread strikes me as.

Way out of order Jose.

This Thread was started two days before the 1916 thread, so would you like to apologise?

I am not baiting anyone in this Thread or the 1916 Thread ~ end of ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Camelot wrote: »
    Way out of order Jose.

This Thread was started two days before the 1916 thread, so would you like to apologise?

Actually, yes I would. Apologies for jumping the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I dont think he should apologise, I dont think hes far of the mark. Israel loves to fight, they dont care who they fight either so if a politician of any party chooses to point out that they are like the Nazis then I say fair play. I do wish it was a member of another party (like who's in power) that said it though.
    I would also love to see a governmember actually stand up to Isreal and pointed out that bombing kids in school is totally unacceptable. Personally I feel any Isreali ambastor in Ireland should be expeled until they stop killing civilians.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

Camelot
    O'Snodaigh comes across to me as a bit of an oaf, I have heard him many times on the TV & on Radio, he's clumsy in what he says and the way he puts himself across, after this episode he will be even more devalued (by other Parties) in the Dail.
    Speaking of Oafs, was Ireland's biggest Oaf not a certain Ian Paisley, a good old Unionist, he makes Angus O'Snodaigh sound like an articulate orator,
    and was practically treated as a God by Camelots Unionist friends in the six Counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Camelot wrote: »
    O'Snodaigh comes across to me as a bit of an oaf, I have heard him many times on the TV & on Radio, he's clumsy in what he says and the way he puts himself across, after this episode he will be even more devalued (by other Parties) in the Dail.

IMO there is no better vindication of the man's courage to say what he said, than his vilification by those in the Dail who would rather shut up and ignore Israel's butchery in Gaza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Aengus is a sound man and far from oafish, he mightn't be the greatest orator in the world but he has spent most of his life in activism in deprived working-class areas and has served the people of that community well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

i havent read all of this thread but are people saying you can only comment on the Palestenian situation if you are a pacifist?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Bob Z wrote: »
    i havent read all of this thread but are people saying you can only comment on the Palestenian situation if you are a pacifist?!

No, they're saying you can't condemn indiscriminate bombing that kills innocent people if you've previously [at least] condoned and excused it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 peter_de_tool

Sinn fein having selected Israel, of all the countries in the world, as an object of hate, as if Israel were a uniquely evil state. While one can disagree strongly with the Israeli government’s policies without being anti-Semitic, the selection of Israel alone for a boycott in a world in which atrocity and suppression of freedom are routine must arouse suspicions of pre-existing animus—that is to say, of old-fashioned anti-Semitism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭VO

A terrible pity O Snotty wasn't as outspoken over the years when his buddies in The IRA (Oh I forgot Sinn Fein have nothing to do with the IRA) were killing all the innocents in Northern Ireland and killing innocent gardai & civilians in Southern Ireland who were doing their duty ,protecting Irish People.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

No fan of Sinn Fein and O'Snodaigh but Gerald Kaufmann, jewish himself, said something similiar in the house of commons not long ago. Anyone who looks at this objectively can see that Israel's recent actions are indefensible. Also, if you look at it with a cold eye from a strategic point of view are not only counter - productive but also utterly stupid. Defending Israel by condemning the past actions of the IRA, as some here have chosen to do, is completely ridiculous and comparing their actions to the worst excesses of that group only serves to point out just how wrong they are.

Advertisement