Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBZ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭lurrrvs2sp00ge

i wouldnt worry about that, im sure everyone is aware of what a mess it is. but i dont no. it always has potential because of its foundation so if they make more it could be like one big montage HA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnew

Dragonball Z has always been one of my favourite shows. I agree that GT doesn't do it any justice.
    And the upcoming movie - what a joke, blatently bad just from watching the trailer. Comments I've seen don't give me much hope either (heard some really ridiculous things).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Karma_Police

DBZ is unreal...its all about oob at the end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭cianl1

Ok so, went to see the movie today... Dear God what a mess. The only way, my friend and I agreed, that it could be any worse would be if it was billed as "Dragonball:...The Musical!"

Which got me thinking...was it really as bad as it could have been?

I think we should open that topic up for debate...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kukuku... stupid Hollywood, you think you can fool the Japanese?
    Think again!

• Advertisement

cianl1 wrote: »
    Ok so, went to see the movie today... Dear God what a mess. The only way, my friend and I agreed, that it could be any worse would be if it was billed as "Dragonball:...The Musical!"

Which got me thinking...was it really as bad as it could have been?

I think we should open that topic up for debate...

You've just saved me 20 quid mate, thanks.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    You've just saved me 20 quid mate, thanks.

Never fear! Film Reviewer is here! :eek: :D

ok so it seems to have gotten pretty bad reviwes, i still my self have not seen it and am waiting to see it with a freind for a packed we made but not looking foward to it as much any more. i am literly goin to knee cap the hollywood people if they dont bring out loads of sequiles that follow all the sagas

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dragonball...the musical.

LoL

it could work ??

• Advertisement

We could be MILLIONAIRES!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

So how many people have watched Dragonball Kai?
    (Remake of DBZ with better animation and the filler cut out)

I like how the opening theme recalls both Cha-la Head-cha-la and Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku.

Oh, and just for fun
    Animetal version
    Konata version
    2008 Special version... in English

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wtf is it?

wtf is it?
    wtf is what, good sir/madam?:confused:

i think it looks really good but i cant watch it in japanese with no sub titles. can you get it in english or with subtitles

i think it looks really good but i cant watch it in japanese with no sub titles. can you get it in english or with subtitles
    It's a bit early for an English version, considering there are only two or three episodes so far. :p You should be able to find fansubs on Google.

hmm i see, so how often does a new episode come out and how long do you think it will be before its in english, i mean if there just remaking the episodes then couldnt they just use all the same dialog as in Z

hmm i see, so how often does a new episode come out and how long do you think it will be before its in english, i mean if there just remaking the episodes then couldnt they just use all the same dialog as in Z
    Um... no. They cut out all the filler. It doesn't match up exactly.:rolleyes:

I have no idea if any company will decide to dub it in a year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 guyone

the reason the show has a lot of fillr was because it ran concurrently with the manga and was always in danger of passing it out. therefore, the show had the arse dragged out of it, with a standoff sometimes lasting a whole episode (or more, if u rembr the freeza saga)
    if i recall right, the garlic jr saga was compleatley made up to eleviate this.

guyone wrote: »
    the reason the show has a lot of fillr was because it ran concurrently with the manga and was always in danger of passing it out. therefore, the show had the arse dragged out of it, with a standoff sometimes lasting a whole episode (or more, if u rembr the freeza saga)
    More than that, Toriyama wanted to end the manga with the Frieza saga, but the execs forced him to write more. Then he tried to end it with Cell... sorry, nope!

• Advertisement

you know some might say he was entitled to express himself creativley by ending it with freeza but i have to say i coulnt care less because he is great at what he does and i think there should have been more......oh by the way, does anybody know if any of the origional people involved in DBZ had any hand in the evolution

you know some might say he was entitled to express himself creativley by ending it with freeza but i have to say i coulnt care less because he is great at what he does and i think there should have been more......oh by the way, does anybody know if any of the origional people involved in DBZ had any hand in the evolution
    I believe I read a Youtube comment saying that Toriyama was an executive producer... so, basicallly I have no idea.

When he worked with a team who did everything they could to get his world across, the result was Chrono Trigger. So, yeah, that was one incredible game.
    crono.jpg
    (I'm not saying Toriyama was the sole reason of course - Square-Enix put all their best guys on that one project)

the animation does look very DBZy

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

the animation does look very DBZy
    That would be because it was drawn by Akira Toriyama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lydabryant

LONG live Dragon Ball Z!!! LoL :D

Die Dragon Ball Evolution MOVIE!!!!!!!!! :mad:

really that bad yeh ???

really that bad yeh ???

Oh don't even start!:mad:

so what exactly is so terrible about it, is it the lack of cool moves or bad storyline accuracy or bad acting or what

Bit of all those factors along with Hollywood's inability to keep to original story lines and instead take way too much poetic license.

Example 1:
    At the beginning of the film, it describes "Oozaru", which any fan of the original manga and anime knows is a Saiyan's Great Ape form as a great and terrible monster that once nearly destroyed Earth, then at the climax of this travesty the character of Goku is revealed to be "Oozaru", without any explination as to why he is.
    Also, the small matter that only original fans will truly appreciate, the fact that Goku didn't have his tail once throughout this entire piece of tripe. The tail being the very reason he becomes the Great Ape in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

My memories of DBZ consist of them yelling at each other for the bulk of each episode. I could never get into it properly :p

Advertisement