Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** out on the road

Options
  • 14-01-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Had an unpleasent experience last night while I was out driving. Driving through dalkey in an area I don't know too well A fiesta and Glanza approaced from behind flashing their lights indicating for me to pull over, I slowed down and pulled over thinking maybe they want to get passed they pulled right up to my bumper and then the other car tried to pass out. First impression was they wanted to corner me in, and I could see the 2 cars were full of young lads that didn't look to be the type I would want to stop for. Foot to floor and off I go straight away as one car tried to pass me out I realised these were after something.

Following me through the estate and me not knowing my exact way around and them up my h*le I find my way out and they're still following me regardless of the speed i'm going. At this stage I was above the speed limit not wanting to stop for these, goin through the town a mile or 2 down the road they are still up my hole flashing so I decide to hit the breaks and as I do one of the cars try to pass me, i spotted a taxi rank with a few taxi's in it and people standing around ( first sign of life I've seen since this started) so I pull in there and the cars crawl to a stop and crawl by me heads hanging out the window. I waited to see where they went and they turned around and came back up the road. I eventually took off again and I could see them turning around again, I was gone too fast for them to find me again. Down the road I spotted 2 gardai cars so I was going to just take it easy around there and if they came back it'd be over to the gardai I would of gone.

Just be careful out there, I don't know what these guys wanted but it certainly wasn't normal behaviour.

Didn't know whether I should of contacted the gardai to let them know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

eh ok thanks :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I would have told the guards straight up. These could be at it again tonight, and whatever they wanted with you last night, they might get it tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

pipsqueak wrote: »
    eh ok thanks :confused:
    Don't be a fool all your life, pipsqueak.

Sorry to hear that OP, sounds like you did the right thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Anan1 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that OP, sounds like you did the right thing.

thats twice you called me a fool, keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems to be the latest scanger thrill, that and hijacking buses.

They do it because they know they will get away with it or if caught only get a slap on the knuckles. The laws are too kind to these scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Sure the cops would have been too busy eating their snack boxes.

You need my friend below with you in such a situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Sure the cops would have been too busy eating their snack boxes.

You need my friend below with you in such a situation...

Sure that's where I seen the 2 cars, outside the local chipper :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

is your car a desirable one?

ClioV6 wrote: »

Nope, not at all. Desirable if you'd like to trash it around a field :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

ClioV6 wrote: »

Has to be more deisrable than a glanza...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Nope, not at all. Desirable if you'd like to trash it around a field :pac:
    Weird one then, I've heard of this happening before with car jacking but..no idea with yours so!

just gobshítes is all I suppose!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If it happened in Dalkey then call the cops with all the details, they should be on camera somewhere. Really you should have told the cops straight up, or phoned them while it was happening - you can hardly bring it up in court when you receive a letter with points for speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

, sounds like you did the right thing.

How? by speeding around estates just to keep them behind him?

How? by speeding around estates just to keep them behind him?

Well what would you do in such a situation then? I probably wasn't going above the speed limits, but by speeding I mean speeds through the narrow roads I wouldn't have been comftorble with in normal driving conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Well what would you do in such a situation then?

Drive normally and let them sit behind me, lock the doors and probly take the reg if i could just in case. I'm not going to be intimidated by a bunch of muppets on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Next time they do it, slowly pull the handbrake and wait for the claim. Even if theyre not insured the gardai should have them off the road then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I refuse to give those sooped up little granny cars any street cred by calling them Glanzas. They're starlets, like the one my Mother drove. Star-let.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They either thought you were somebody else or wanted to car jack you. Horrible thought but there you go.

Speeding is definately warranted in this case because a judge will always ask "was it a life or death situation that made you speed" and in your case it "could have been" because you dont know what they wanted.

Berty wrote: »
    They either thought you were somebody else or wanted to car jack you. Horrible thought but there you go.

Speeding is definately warranted in this case because a judge will always ask "was it a life or death situation that made you speed" and in your case it "could have been" because you dont know what they wanted.

There just out to harrass anyone, you just happened to be that person, it'll be someone else tonight. If you got out to them and dragged one of them out of the car, they'd probably p*ss themselves.

Berty wrote: »

To be honest, I was hoping I came across a check-point, speed trap or anything but the first sign of life was at the taxi rank and thats why I pulled in there. I would be more then happy to explain to a gardai after being pulled over about the whole situation and hopeful pursue the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

OP two words -

Golf Ball

Ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Tell the Gardai immediately. Give them all the info you can. Odds are, they already know who it is.

You could save someone else the worry/fear if this happened to them. I'd hate to think what would happen if this happened to a lone woman driver or an elderly person... Even if the lads are just out to wind people up, it could destroy someone's confidence for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Scummers messing you about looking for "de buzz".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

If they wanted to carjack you then all they need do is nudge into the back of your car at traffic lights, your natural instinct would be to get out of the car and see what the fukk happened.

OP did ya not get a reg no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Are you of the female persuasion?

It's one thing if they wanted the car but a whole other ball game if they were after something else. Worth giving the law a shout, even just to cover yourself if anyone reported you for dangerous driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If I was driving I'd just ignore the little scrotes and drive to the nearest
    garda station. If possible put a call into the garda (use hands free or passenger)
    explaining what's happening and pass on as much detail
    re: the car following you, it's passengers and your location/route.

Always worth keeping the car doors locked when out and about.
    No point flooring it and endangering yourself and others.
    Keep your cool.

Darragh29 wrote: »
    OP did ya not get a reg no?

No, the glare off the high-beams make it difficult to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

play nice, Anan1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There's no point in creating a thread about it, just call the cops before they kill someone, or someone kills themselves trying to get away from them... scumbags!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement