Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** out on the road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Yeah seriously call the cops.. don't be afraid to use 999, even a while after the event.
    Too much is made of it being an Emergency number, by that I mean that you don't have to be on fire to use it! Waiting to get home and ring the local guards leaves them too long to leave the area.

Chances are they did another one of these on the same night..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

OP two words -

Golf Ball

Ok

huh? :confused:

Op you done the right thing. I had this done to me at the walkinstown roundabout where they attempted to ram me off the road several times in an almera and a glanza (glansham) I managed to place a call to tallaght garda and told them to be ready luckily they had a car at the on the run garage on the greenhills road and set off in the blues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

wtf? i dont see the point? they just followed you flashing their lights?! and tailgating,if i had enough petrol/diesel id just keep driving around randomly, surely they wouldnt find it funny for that long! or just drive to the nearest garda station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

bargain_hunter, just so you know you weren't the only driver to run into these pricks the other night. There's a post on dtdirl.com where someone met that glanza on the wrong side of the road! Definitely worth a call to the cops. They should be put through a mincer and fed straight into pot holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Next time they do it, slowly pull the handbrake and wait for the claim. Even if theyre not insured the gardai should have them off the road then.

You're making the huge assumption that they own the car.
    They could've nicked the car they were in and were running low on petrol or the like... who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

these guys were spotted by others too

http://www.dtdirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38659

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

japzeye wrote: »
    I think pipsqueak must must be a boyracer scumbag,just like the scum that were up your hole!

Goodbye. Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

bladebrew wrote: »
    just drive to the nearest garda station!
    That was the intention or to atleast find the gards out on the road (which I did several minutes later after I lost them, but i just wanted to head home at this stage)When you feel they are trying to corner you in you have no choice but to drive and that's all I did. This simply was not normal behaviour and I felt threatened hence why I am highlighting the fact these guys are out there potentially causing harm to other people.

Infact this could be all blown out of proportion, these guys might have only been doing this to act the muppet, even in that case you would still feel threatened and would not like to stop either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What ever the case, its people like these that shouldnt be given licenses, thats presuming they had them...

And weather or not they wanted your car, or where just being muppets, its anti social behavour, dangerous driving and threatening behavour and can/should be punished.

I hate people like these.
    Thanks for posting this.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

thread locked at OPs request

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement