Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo cover-ups

• 14-01-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi All,

Just need some info about tattoo cover ups. I've a smallish tattoo on my lower back in black ink and just wondering what they can do with it. I was thinking of getting another one anyway probably on the spine of my back but i can't decide if i want this one covered up or not. Have had it for going on 10 yrs now i'm kinda over it.
    So questions:
    would it be better to cover it with coloured ink?
    how much bigger would it have to be?
    and finally how expensive cover up + new tatt?

All advice greatly appreciated thanks:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Best option is to go to a tattoo artist and get em to look at it since they will be doing the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Isn't it hard/impossible to cover up black ink with colour?? I could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

Isn't it hard/impossible to cover up black ink with colour?? I could be wrong

As far as im aware you can only cover over black with black or a very dark shade of blue.... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ibbie

i just thought that given that its faded they could just but a blob of coloured 'something' over it:confused:
    I was thinking of getting this kind of dot work on my back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

nah I dont think it works that way, I want to get my left chest done over, and AFAIK i'll have to go all black and get scarification done over it as i dont want a cover tatt on my chest. If you could post a pic of yours it'd be helpful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ibbie wrote: »
    i just thought that given that its faded they could just but a blob of coloured 'something' over it:confused:
    I was thinking of getting this kind of dot work on my back

It would depend heavily on how faded the tattoo is.

Dot work would probably not cut it as a cover up, because your existing tattoo would be too visible underneath it. You would need something that would mask the shape of the tattoo, so lots of black lines and bold colours would be necessary.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

If its black ink then no colour will go over it.The black will always show through it even if it is quite faded.

Advertisement