Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 14-01-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I only got phone line connected on 24th of December and just received a router today from Eircom. Can I just plug and play or do the Eircom engineers have to come back to do some other type of connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

MTG Ros wrote: »
    I only got phone line connected on 24th of December and just received a router today from Eircom. Can I just plug and play or do the Eircom engineers have to come back to do some other type of connection.

You can connect the router to the phone socket and set it up on the PC. Then attempt to connect to the broadband

Username is generally eircom@eircom.net and password broadband1

These didnt work for me however and i needed custom ones from technical support, just try it.

Access the router from 192.168.1.254 and run some diagnostics and post them here, might give a clearer view, if the authentication fails then its probably a password issue, get busy!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MTG Ros

Thanks will try it when I get home from work, hopefully it does work as the dial-up is killing me at home at present and I thought 3 was slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

MTG Ros wrote: »
    Thanks will try it when I get home from work, hopefully it does work as the dial-up is killing me at home at present and I thought 3 was slow

To be a little clearer since your currently using dialup

The line filters your recieved should be placed on every accessing a phone socket, also make sure you used the special splitter from where your using the PC. It has one for DSL and one for Phone, you can see these by the little icons

If your using Internet Explorer go to tools options connection(? I think) and tick automatically detect settings.

Enter http://192.168.1.254 in the address bar and the router page with information should load, you can then hit the connect key with the username and password information( I think this comes on a sheet supplied when you recieve your router, but techical support is open until 7 AFAIK 1890260260)

Hopefully it should Connect with the default user/pw

If it doesnt click enter expert mode then select troubleshooting and run full diagnostics

Also make note of which lights are on the router if you need to post here for more help. Typically it takes 10 days for eircom to enable your line for BB but as you did it over the christmas period it may not be enabled, but it should be.

Let us know how ya get on

Advertisement