Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap argos tvs!!

Options
  • 14-01-2009 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone bought or know anyone who bought the 28'' argos 'dual' tvs? im literally about to pop in and get one but theyre only e220 so im a bit wary - im not too bothered about hd or major quality, its only so i can use my xbox at work!!!
    Answers asap please!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You get to use your xbox at work????BASTID!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

There ****e mate. Its pot luck if you get a good one or not. Myself and the GF were back and forth a few times over green dots on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Has anyone bought or know anyone who bought the 28'' argos 'dual' tvs? im literally about to pop in and get one but theyre only e220 so im a bit wary - im not too bothered about hd or major quality, its only so i can use my xbox at work!!!
    Answers asap please!!!!

I think you should be more worried about how long more you will have a job if you plan on playing xbox at work:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If there's anything wrong with it Argos won't take it back either. No refunds or exchange on electrical goods. Or so I've been told.

Ebuyer.com has a 26" widescreen HD tele for €230 delivered.

ScumLord wrote: »
    If there's anything wrong with it Argos won't take it back either. No refunds or exchange on electrical goods. Or so I've been told..

Rubbish!!!!

They don't offer their 30 day money back guarantee on electrical/electronic goods, this is a discretionary extra that they offer on most products so that you can make sure you like them once you get them home.

They can't, however, say no refunds or exchanges on electrical items if there is a problem - tis against the law!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If there's anything wrong with it Argos won't take it back either. No refunds or exchange on electrical goods.
    It's illegal to refuse to deal with faulty goods. They are required to deal with you if the item is faulty, no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there's anything wrong with it Argos won't take it back either. No refunds or exchange on electrical goods. Or so I've been told.

Ebuyer.com has a 26" widescreen HD tele for €230 delivered.

When Argos state something is exempt from their 30 day refund, that means your cant return it if there is nothing wrong with it.
    The 30 day money back offer is above & beyond what you are entitled to.
    I even got them to replace an iTouch, something thats almost impossible to get others to do for you.

Advertisement