Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using MicroSD with Nokia 3110 Classic

• 14-01-2009 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

It just doesn't seem to go in. The crappy little latch won't shut, so I just tried shoving the battery on top. But I've no way of actually finding the card on the phone itself or using it, to know if I did it right.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

judging by this picture:
    http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/82220_battery.jpg
    you're supposed to put the card in so that the metal contacts are touching the metal contacts on the bottom right of the phone. then the cover is pushed over and then slid to the left to lock into place

you should find that if you hold the cover vertically you'll be able to lift it up and down slightly. when closing the cover it should be fully "down" and after you close it over you push it to the left so that it latches in under the part highlighted in the attached pic

but if you've broken the cover by not using it right, for example forcing the battery on, you'll find it won't work like that and you'll probably have to hold the card in place some other way, maybe folding up some paper, putting it over the card and putting the battery back on might be enough. or you could send it for repair but that would cost probably €50

edit:i think on that phone if you go into the gallery you should see if the memory card is in or not or go into the camera and try to change the memory in use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that might sound really simplistic so sorry if you already know that, it's just the only reason i can think of why the card wouldn't go in

Advertisement