Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any steak lovers in the house?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Blackjack wrote: »
    Ennis Butchers In Rialto. He Dry ages his own - fantastic place, good prices too.

Is that near the old Clancy Barracks (row of shops up the road from there)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

deisemum wrote: »
    Have to agree with the above, James Whelan butchers supply excellent meat. He's been featured on Rick Stein's programme.

I've ordered online, usually one of the taster selections and have had the meat delivered 48 hours later. Delivery is free if spending over €100. I've called into the shop when passing through Clonmel but he's got such a selection it takes me a wee while to decide what I want.;)

The guy I go to is Kevin Dalton in Kickham Street in Carrick on Suir. He's a real traditional butcher - nearly always cuts any meat you buy in front of you you wouldn't want to be in a hurry but it's well worth it - hard shop to locate as he's down a side street. Theres another good buther in Carrick as well (Kehoes at the Westgate) who have gorgeous sausages. There's a chain of butchers too Cribbens - he's originally from Portlaoise but now has shops in Maynooth, Clondalkin, Dungarvan and a few in Cork - his stuff is good too. All in all it's worth making the effort to support your local butcher.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Ennis Butchers are at the roundabout in Rialto. On the SCR beyond Dolphins Barn. I buy there too and he is brill. He stocks the kind of meat that the old folk of the area want, but at the same time, he caters for the recent "blow ins" like myself who want to buy tuna steaks, halloumi cheese and rocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

in buckley butchers today in moore st and saw absolutely massive cuts of meat called "sirloin steaks" for 11 euro a kg

some of them were over a kilo in weight with no marbelling and no visible fat at all

also it was a perfect cut all in one piece ,ie-not a few small pieces stuck together

i wanted to ask do sirlion steaks come this big?

usually i only saw cheaper rump or round steaks in pieces this large

is it mislabellled or is it really sirloin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

madmik wrote: »
    some of them were over a kilo in weight with no marbelling and no visible fat at all

You say that like it's a good thing? Marbling is what make a makes a piece of meat taste great.

Unless you're eating meat just for protein and are on some no fat diet. Life's too short to eat tasteless meat, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Theres another Bradys in Fairview D3. Their steaks are excellent. And most of what they do is produced on their own farms. I htink there are a few around - the one in teh post above belongs to them too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

You say that like it's a good thing? Marbling is what make a makes a piece of meat taste great.

Unless you're eating meat just for protein and are on some no fat diet. Life's too short to eat tasteless meat, in my opinion.

of course not

marbelling is important

i was just wondering if they are selling cheap+tough round steak as the more expensive sirloiin since i have not seen enormous sirloin steaks before and the price was really low at 11 euro per kg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Shelbo

Superquinn is the best supermarket for steak - they also sometimes do 25% & 50% off per kilo so keep your eyes peeled on their website.

Other option is local butcher - get to know him & you'll get good value & quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Shelbo wrote: »
    Superquinn is the best supermarket for steak - they also sometimes do 25% & 50% off per kilo so keep your eyes peeled on their website.

Other option is local butcher - get to know him & you'll get good value & quality.

bought 2 t-bone fron SQ tonight

OMG delicious.... go get them

Advertisement