Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUNDALK DRIVING TEST (The Fairways)

Options
  • 14-01-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Does anybody know any test routes that are started at the fairways in dundalk anybody have any experience.:D;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

coz i let my license lapse (long story :( ) I ended up having to do the test again.. because i live locally now i decided to do it locally.. ended up doing it starting from the fairways.

there are two main routes i understand with some variations along the route. i can't remember the exact route i took, i know it was along the n52 to the small left turn opposite the retail park, from there there 3 small roundabouts and then headed towards the avenue, I think we turned right onto the avenue rd and then left again at the back of the small shopping centre heading to the large roundabout at he coco offices... along this route we did a reverse around the corner and a three point turn i think.... headed along the ramparts and passed the old shopping centre onto the dublin rd heading back to fairways.. took a turn in muirhevna to do another reverse and then back onto the dublin rd and headed back to the fairways. I had route maps, i'll see if i can find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

When I done mine from the fairways I remember there been two mains routes with 3 different sub routes. Leaving 6 routes in total according to my instructor at the time (2years ago).

Get a few lessons with a good instructor and they will show you exactly the routes and reverse areas / turning etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

I couldn't find the route maps :( but as stated a good local driving pre-tester should be able to go over the routes but since i didn't take lessons before the test i wouldn't be in a position to recommend one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 conormob

Thanks i did take lessons around the dundalk area and i think i done one of the test routes but i was left in the position where i didn't know if i done the routes or not,for all i know i could have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

does anybody know any good/local/cheap/student rates friendly driving instructor for the dundalk and there abouts region?
    im getting at least 1 new years resolution achieved this year,fact!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement