Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stay in Dublin City?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Headin upto the Phoenix Park for a concert at the end of the summer (yes, ages away) and rather than stay somewhere close there i'd prefer to just head into the city for pints afterwards and stay in a hotel bang in the city.

Needs to be nice but doesn't have to be in any way posh, just clean. Must have parking, and on a budget of about €99. If anyone can even recommend somewhere nice and cosy i'll do the rest of the research myself :p

Stayed in the Academy Hotel (Off O' Connel Street) and Jury's before with no problems but would like to try somewhere different. Preferably as close to O' Connel St. as possible

Cheers folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

o sheas in talbot street, its a decent hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

I can recommend Trinity Capital on Pearse Street. Rooms start at 129 euros; I know it's slightly more expensive than what you are looking for but it's a lovely place in case you want to check it out.

http://www.trinitycapitalhotel.com/

Also check Mercer Hotel on Mercer Street, Fitzsimons on Wellington Quay, Cassidys on Cavendish Row.

I'll let you know if I can think of some other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Nice one thanks a million, keep the suggestions coming in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Half price Hilton deals still going, so you could get the one in Kilmainham for a weekend.

For €99 - I'd be looking for at least 4* with breakfast.

Missy - thanks, trinity looks amazing but no parking :(

Zabbo - Was looking at the Hilton alright if I decide not to go anywhere after Phoenix Park

• Advertisement

zAbbo wrote: »
    Half price Hilton deals still going, so you could get the one in Kilmainham for a weekend.

For €99 - I'd be looking for at least 4* with breakfast.

Only valid until end of August. Sickener! Could have gotten 1 night, 2 people & breakfast for less than 80euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Maldron Inn or Park Inn Smithfield

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Missy - thanks, trinity looks amazing but no parking :(

Oh! Are you sure? I was pretty sure parking was provided at a charge. Or maybe I'm mixing up hotels? :confused:

I've just checked the Trinity Capitol website and it says the following:

"Parking - The closest public car park is on Fleet Street. Directions to the car park will be given at reception. Parking costs €24 per 24 hours or part thereof. "

Many hotels, The Clarence for example, don't have their own parking spaces and use the ones available nearby. Would that do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

the harcourt is nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

we always stay at cassidy's off o connell street and free parking, wouldn't stay anywhere else.. if you stand at the front door you can see the spire..

the harcourt is nice!

Yeah that place is a possibility, nightclub beside it too :D

ilovecars wrote: »
    we always stay at cassidy's off o connell street and free parking, wouldn't stay anywhere else.. if you stand at the front door you can see the spire..

Looks like a nice place alright, but at €130 I couldn't justify it without a swimming pool and some other nice goodies (granted it does have free WiFi but won't be going near that)

Advertisement