Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless broadband in college?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

just wondering can you use me laptop for the internet in college and how you connect it:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah you can, that;s what I'm on now!

Are you on PC or Mac?

The address is 172.17.1.10, the port is 80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

You also need to put your username in as student\k0000000, on mac anyway

Really? I'm on mac and only have to type in my K number...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yidocooney

does any1 know how to get the wireless internet 2 work on da ipod touch??

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

yidocooney wrote: »
    does any1 know how to get the wireless internet 2 work on da ipod touch??

It's pretty much the same as your laptop. When you pick up the LIT wireless network (called litair) click on settings\wi-fi on your ipod. then click the blue arrow on the right of Litair. this opens the settings for the LIT network. Scroll down to the bottom, under HTTP Proxy click manual. Enter 172.17.1.10 in server, 80 in port and turn authentication on. Under user name enter your student number as Student\K000.... and your password. You should only need to do this once. The iPod should remember your account each time you connect to litair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nerney

Think they just made changes to the security of the network ....you might need to go up to the helpdesk to get some info

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rev

They have added security to the wireless. If you bring in your laptop into the helpdesk they will configure it for you, but if you use anything other than Windows, don't even bother. I use linux on my laptop and when I asked about it, they just said they don't support anything other than windows.

I can't get any internet on my mac laptop anywhere on the second floor or up on the hill in the studios. I used to have no problems before the security change, such a pain coz most of my lectures(bar 2) are on the 3b floor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Rev wrote: »
    They have added security to the wireless. If you bring in your laptop into the helpdesk they will configure it for you, but if you use anything other than Windows, don't even bother. I use linux on my laptop and when I asked about it, they just said they don't support anything other than windows.
    Supports Macintosh, unless I have some kind of magic internet

Advertisement