Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS units VS Nokia Maps

Options
  • 14-01-2009 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I am currently in 2 minds over whether to buy a proper unit such as Garmin or get a new mobile with GPS on it.
    I had a lend of a Sony sat nav which I found pretty good only when I went to get one I was told Sony had sold their software to nokia.

Anyone with experience of both have any reccomendations? Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

glenn_lfc wrote: »
    I am currently in 2 minds over whether to buy a proper unit such as Garmin or get a new mobile with GPS on it.
    I had a lend of a Sony sat nav which I found pretty good only when I went to get one I was told Sony had sold their software to nokia.

Anyone with experience of both have any reccomendations? Cheers

I've used both ( N95 8GB with Nokia maps / TomTom V6 ) and also various dedicated SATNAVS. There is a definite arguement for having an all in one , for sure.

But on pure usage, I woul prefer a dedicated unit: Bigger screen, faster satellite acquisition, touch screen, OEM dash / windscreen mount for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I agree with dodzy, I have both and tbh the phone is no match for my widescreen satnav. The phone is a bit handier on foot as you only have to carry the one unit but I still prefer the satnav standalone unit in the car.

Advertisement