Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music you hate

Options
  • 14-01-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen

Every bloody time i hear there music it drives me up the wall.

Even on a saturday night they play there music and 40 year old woman and even older/younger scream out there horrible songs and think there 18 again knocking into people and sing those terrable lyrics :mad:

Bon jovi is the worst thats what djs call a bit of rock music to please the crowd. They never heard of metallica or nirvana nothing else matters or something or come as you are songsa that could be played in beer gardens

I have loads more people just listing two there my chemical romance and panic at the disco two more that should be baned from pubs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Used to hate this group but now older I absolutely love this tune:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOoZAyJrB-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

haha love the pubs with the juke box,anytime i would put on something like rage against the machine they would turn it off as quick

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Nolanger wrote: »
    Used to hate this group but now older I absolutely love this tune:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOoZAyJrB-8

ha ha wtf is that i love to hear that in a pub id just laugh through the whole song

Fred83 wrote: »
    haha love the pubs with the juke box,anytime i would put on something like rage against the machine they would turn it off as quick

Good on ya man but if they turned it off id go straight up to the bar and complain they cant do that if ya paid.

I dont know of any pubs that have juke boxs but if they did id do the same.

I used to do it when i went up to the dome in carlow when we started bowling id go up to the juke box and put in like 4 euro and pick pantera slayer metallica rage against the machine nirvana disturbed and play all there hardest songs.
    Scangers where like wtf and id be smiling listening to the music singin it out feckin loved it because it wouldent stop untill the end of all the songs and by that time the game was nearly finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

all american teenage punkrock crap.

panic at the disco
    my chemical romance
    fall out boy etc etc.

truly terrible! cant stand them, something to do with the way they sing with their accents coming through.makes me angry just thinkin about them!

biddy earlys has a jukebox,loved winding them up,they have a switch behind the counter so they can control it,sometimes they were too busy serveing to change,so theres a place to try it out!

• Advertisement

Fred83 wrote: »
    biddy earlys has a jukebox,loved winding them up,they have a switch behind the counter so they can control it,sometimes they were too busy serveing to change,so theres a place to try it out!

damn i never noticed one there im to busy drinking or checking out the ladies when im in there ha ha must do it some time.

I might notice ya next time im in there just look for the guy at the juke box smiling putting in the money ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bad2theboneB

Used the hate anything from the 80`s but its all grown on me and i find it hilarious!

Hate rap/hip hop songs that just repeat the same sentence over and over like that "Cookie Jar" song, absolute sh1te "can`t keep my hands out the cookie jar...err!!

hate to put a damper,i like rap,well tupac/eneimem stuff anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen

Every bloody time i hear there music it drives me up the wall.

Even on a saturday night they play there music and 40 year old woman and even older/younger scream out there horrible songs and think there 18 again knocking into people and sing those terrable lyrics :mad:

I know music is subjective and all but you like Slayer. Here's the lyrics of a Slayer song I pulled off the internet at random:

Follow me, I'll lead the way; your fears will soon overtake
    Hide your infinite tears inside, it seeks your smallest break
    Screaming as if nothing helps, you press on to survive
    Playing out the fantasies of a force that keeps you alive

He'll have you down on your knees
    You play his fatal game
    He'll satisfy your every need
    You'll never be the same

Take my hand, I'll show you how;
    You've just one life to live
    The road you're on goes straight to hell;
    Your life is yours to give
    His fantasies of all of you are much too great to see
    This world your living is so unreal, perfected just for me

He'll have you down on your knees
    You play his fatal game
    He'll satisfy your every need
    You'll never be the same

Thats terrible. That's the kind of rubbish a 13 year old satanist might write. Slayer are all fully grown men, probably old enough to be your Da and they're writing this fantastical bollox. Once again, I know it's your opinion and all but... your opinion is... wrong:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The Killers, rap/hip-hop, MCR/FOB

• Advertisement

I know music is subjective and all but you like Slayer. Here's the lyrics of a Slayer song I pulled off the internet at random:

Thats terrible. That's the kind of rubbish a 13 year old satanist might write. Slayer are all fully grown men, probably old enough to be your Da and they're writing this fantastical bollox. Once again, I know it's your opinion and all but... your opinion is... wrong:eek:

I dont have slayer in my top 10 bands but i like about ten of there songs

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

U2

RnB

Ghey fad bands like the Ting Tings, Fight Like Apes and similar ****

Damien Dempsey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Wouldn't class "Nothing Else Matters" as a full-blown rock song - way too slow.

Music I hate would be
    a) Any boy "band" (should be vocal group, but the phrase has become accepted for some unknown reason)
    b) Anything that uses American urban slang words like "homies" "my boo" or crap like that
    c) Chipmunks-style "dance" versions of old classics
    d) Most "Country & Irish"
    e) Any Mariah Carey clones
    f) "Yo, yo" pseudo R&B
    g) Most of what charted in 2006 & 2007 - 2008 was actually bearable for the most part!

There's a few more, but they don't fit into neat, easily-described categories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nobody listens to Slayer for the lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I too hate bands like MCR, FOB, Panic! ATD and pretty much all generic whiney emo bands.

But the band I hate above all others is Manic Street Preachers - there is no-one on Earth I'd like to punch in the face more than Nicky ****in' Wire. :mad::mad: Aswell as being the man mostly responsible for their bland music and rubbish faux-political lyrical drivel he is a complete bastard.

I ,however, like The Ting Tings! :p:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Too many to list, but 'Soulja Boy' gets a special mention, even his name annoys me

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Rhianna and Daft Punk bother me more than anything else especially Daft Punk.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daft Punk drive me insane with killer lyrics lik "around the world" repeated a million times then they put a poxy beat in the background that also just repeats. Its just a regular 12 second jingle played back to back maybe half a million times.

I can make a generalised statement like that about the band because all there songs are the same pure tripe that should never be confused with music. ok ok i'm done i'm done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

damn anyway now i'm pissed off cos of the Daft Punk thing

****ing Daft Punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Kings of Leon, Ting Tings, Beyonce, Damien Rice, Paddy Casey, Lisa Hannigan, Kanye West, Snow Patrol, The Fratelli's, The Script, The Thrills, Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, U2, My Chemical Romance, Rihanna, Razorlight, The Zutons, Arctic Monkeys, Duke Special, Kaiser Chiefs, Kate Nash, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Glen Hansard/The Frames, Bell X1, Leona Lewis, The Blizzards, Republic of Loose, The White Stripes, Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, Paramore, The Gossip, The Kooks, Duffy, Cathy Davy, The Feeling.....so much more to add but so damn tired

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

:/

you leave kate nash alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Anything that compels one to get up and line-dance.

A gun please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't believe I forgot those shite hawks The Script.

Lily Allen/Kate Nash/Duffy etc as well. All the same person if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

U2.

Nothing against the lads, but one incident just made me hate them. A guy I worked with for a few summers was a huge U2 fan, he idolised Bono. But this lad was the most arrogant, stuck up gobsh!te you'll ever meet. Thinks he's the man, but he's really just a lad in his late 30's in a pretty crappy job in a small town, but dont tell him that, cos he thinks he's Bono. But anyway, he was up on the roof of a pre-fab one day (inside a large shed) and I just happened to look up, and see him sleazily strumming an imaginary air guitar, and just grunting to the lad beside him "The Edge doesnt have **** on me".

Grotesque.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Wouldn't class "Nothing Else Matters" as a full-blown rock song - way too slow.

Music I hate would be
    a) Any boy "band" (should be vocal group, but the phrase has become accepted for some unknown reason)
    b) Anything that uses American urban slang words like "homies" "my boo" or crap like that
    c) Chipmunks-style "dance" versions of old classics
    d) Most "Country & Irish"
    e) Any Mariah Carey clones
    f) "Yo, yo" pseudo R&B
    g) Most of what charted in 2006 & 2007 - 2008 was actually bearable for the most part!

There's a few more, but they don't fit into neat, easily-described categories.

I know its not a hard rock song but its light enough for them to play it in pubs they have no excuse like its to loud or its to heavy

Too many to list, but 'Soulja Boy' gets a special mention, even his name annoys me

I know yeah soulja boy i told ya

what the feck did ya tell me at least hes gone now one hit wonder

Archimedes wrote: »
    U2.

Nothing against the lads, but one incident just made me hate them. A guy I worked with for a few summers was a huge U2 fan, he idolised Bono. But this lad was the most arrogant, stuck up gobsh!te you'll ever meet. Thinks he's the man, but he's really just a lad in his late 30's in a pretty crappy job in a small town, but dont tell him that, cos he thinks he's Bono. But anyway, he was up on the roof of a pre-fab one day (inside a large shed) and I just happened to look up, and see him sleazily strumming an imaginary air guitar, and just grunting to the lad beside him "The Edge doesnt have **** on me".

Grotesque.

You know what you should have done there throw a brick up at his face ha ha

Another band id like to add to the list is nickelback i think he thinks hes a musical jesus but hes useless all there songs piss me off the same with 50 cent and eminem hate them with a passion

• Registered Users Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dance, house, trance, r'n'b, hip hop...you get the drift...hate Muse(except their cover of Feeling Good, cracking tune) and Placebo.

OP, you don't like Springsteen?:eek:
    Each to their own I suppose...

mars bar wrote: »
    Dance, house, trance, r'n'b, hip hop...you get the drift...hate Muse(except their cover of Feeling Good, cracking tune) and Placebo.

OP, you don't like Springsteen?:eek:
    Each to their own I suppose...

You see your a woman they love him i want to ban his music from everywhere so many saturday nights he ruined on me i wanted to go to the dj and punch him for playing it. Its so so terrable.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Whitney
    Britney
    Shania
    Maria
    Steps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Nightwish wrote: »
    Kings of Leon, Ting Tings, Beyonce, Damien Rice, Paddy Casey, Lisa Hannigan, Kanye West, Snow Patrol, The Fratelli's, The Script, The Thrills, Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, U2, My Chemical Romance, Rihanna, Razorlight, The Zutons, Arctic Monkeys, Duke Special, Kaiser Chiefs, Kate Nash, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Glen Hansard/The Frames, Bell X1, Leona Lewis, The Blizzards, Republic of Loose, The White Stripes, Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, Paramore, The Gossip, The Kooks, Duffy, Cathy Davy, The Feeling.....so much more to add but so damn tired

That's quite a list. You must really hate Beyonce since you put her down twice! :P

Of those on your list I also hate Avril Lavigne, The Thrills, MCR, The Kooks, The Feeling, Republic of Loose, The Blizzards, The Fratellis, Paddy Casey

However I like Kings Of Leon, The Ting Tings, U2, The Gossip, Cathy Davey, Duffy, Kate Nash, Amy Winehouse, Duke Special. And I fecking love The White Stripes - how dare you mention them!! :eek:

The rest - meh. I'm fairly indifferent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Britney bollocking Spears, that womanizer song actually made me want to cry with frustration at a few points. Almost all Beyoncé's stuff. ****ing Basshunter. Dancey remixes of songs that were **** to begin with. Almost all heavy or death metal (especially Metallica, but that's more due to them being a bunch of spanners rather than the actual music, which is still ****e). Morrisey. I hate Morrisey. There's more too but I can't remember right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lady LaLa

Two Words.... Mariah Carey

Squeekin and Screechin.....It makes my skin crawl

Advertisement