Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music you hate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Id dont rate that band or drummer at all

Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm putting Lady Gaga on my list after just hearing her ****ing awful new song. I'm already feeling nauseous at the thought of being plagued by it for weeks to come. What a **** song. It sounds exactly the same as her first one with more irritating "off the wall" :rolleyes: lyrics over the top of it. Turn it off please and spare us all the torment. A recession is bad enough without a **** soundtrack to accompany it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I don't care too much for the Beatles - Couple of good songs but there is a HUGE amount of bandwaggoning with them.

Also:
    Chipmunk crap
    Tiesto etc - The stuff the youngsters play on their mobile phones at the back of buses.
    The Script - It's been a while (well at least 2-3 years since I was this ashamed of an 'Irish' band)
    Tupac Shakur - Another highly overrated dead guy. There are far better rappers out there.
    Songs that make it big because of 'controversial' lyrics or just because they have the word 'sex' in em. I Kissed a Girl being a recent example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭adamb92

Jonas Brothers..

RichTea wrote: »
    I don't care too much for the Beatles - Couple of good songs but there is a HUGE amount of bandwaggoning with them.

Also:
    Chipmunk crap
    Tiesto etc - The stuff the youngsters play on their mobile phones at the back of buses.
    The Script - It's been a while (well at least 2-3 years since I was this ashamed of an 'Irish' band)
    Tupac Shakur - Another highly overrated dead guy. There are far better rappers out there.
    Songs that make it big because of 'controversial' lyrics or just because they have the word 'sex' in em. I Kissed a Girl being a recent example.

Name 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

DarkJager wrote: »
    Name 3.

Vanilla Ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

there's a lot of threads slating dance music. i think some dance is brilliant. personally i love melody (which is why i dont like rap) and some dance songs have deadly melody without vocals. Some of the best basslines i know are rom dance songs and often the production is second to none

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I can't say that I "hate" any type of music. It's a strong word to use in a sense like this, in my opinion.

There are types of music I don't like as much as others, and I really believe that people who "slate" certain types of music have a lack of understanding and also a lack of musical knowledge about what they are slating.

Music is an art which involves a lot of genius and talent to create, much like painting, sculpting, dance and many other types of art.

I've also found out in the past and actually more recently that people who say they don't like certain genres, in fact, secretly love them.

Ha :D

Name 3.

With pleasure.

Each member of NWA, Notorious BIG, and now it gets controversial. I rate Snoop Dogg (at his best), Jay-Z, Public Enemy (as a whole) and NAS as better than Tupac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunshine007

Byork drives me round the bend... she sounds like shes trying to take a number 2 all the time ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

The thread is called Music you Hate.If they have a 'couple of good songs' then surely you don't hate them that much.

Anyway for me it's gotta be Muse.

With pleasure.

Each member of NWA, Notorious BIG

My suspicions are confirmed.
    Snoop Dogg (at his best)
    Defo agree with you there, although at his best he's up there with Pac rather than being better.
    Jay-Z

That was a joke right? :confused:
    Public Enemy (as a whole), and NAS as better than Tupac.

Again, Public Enemy up there with Pac, and Nas is alright but absolutely nowhere near Pac.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Anything that falls under the following categories:

Metal
    Rap
    Hip Hop
    Electronic dance music, regardless of what sub-category you care to file it under
    And especially "modern" R'n'B. R'n'B is rhythm and blues. There's fcuk all rhythm and even less blues in the insipid shíte that's passed off as R'n'B these days, drivel like Beyonce, Mariah Carey, R Kelly, etc. R'n'B is Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Ray Charles, Stax Records and the like. It really bugs me to hear kids talking about R'n'B when they have no idea that there's a whole era of music of that name that they know nothing about. Here endeth the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

With pleasure.

Each member of NWA, Notorious BIG, and now it gets controversial. I rate Snoop Dogg (at his best), Jay-Z, Public Enemy (as a whole) and NAS as better than Tupac.

Eazy E and Dre were/are god awful rappers. But yeah, I'm not much of a Tupac fan either.

And how exactly does one 'bandwagon' The Beatles when the band hasn't existed for almost 40 years?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Theres lots but two that anger me almost when I hear them are...

UB40 :mad:

Simply Red :mad:

Zaph wrote: »

Metal
    Rap
    Hip Hop
    Electronic dance music, regardless of what sub-category you care to file it under
    And especially "modern" R'n'B. R'n'B is rhythm and blues. There's fcuk all rhythm and even less blues in the insipid shíte that's passed off as R'n'B these days, drivel like Beyonce, Mariah Carey, R Kelly, etc. R'n'B is Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Ray Charles, Stax Records and the like. It really bugs me to hear kids talking about R'n'B when they have no idea that there's a whole era of music of that name that they know nothing about. Here endeth the rant.

About the only worthwhile remark in your post. Should have just begun with it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Metal
    Rap
    Hip Hop

Haha yeah, the kids are ignorant, you aren't at all.

Orizio wrote: »
    Eazy E and Dre were/are god awful rappers. But yeah, I'm not much of a Tupac fan either.

And how exactly does one 'bandwagon' The Beatles when the band hasn't existed for almost 40 years?

Ah they were good. Their delivery and panache was second to none!

I suppose Bandwagon might not have been the right word. What I'm trying to say is that a lot of people say the Beatles are great just because they remain hugely popular even though technically they weren't quite worthy of the praises that have been lavished on them.

My suspicions are confirmed.

Ah now to be fair. I only got in to BIGs rapping after being recommended it by a friend. I'd already listened to the works of Tupac Shakur and decided they weren't to my taste.

I'm no BIG fanboy by any stretch of the imagination but he is technically superior to Tupac.

Plus, why all the hate for Jay-Z! He's the biggest for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I hate to say Kold and Orizio, you're both being very defensive and lashing out towards people who don't like your preferred genres. Your comments are becoming borderline flaming now. Are you unable to cope with the criticism? Maybe try to take a step back from this.
    He's the biggest for a reason.

Lowest common denominator?

• Advertisement

I assume your joking Karl, I would have thought it obvious I was teasing Zaph. Hence the :p at the end of my post.

I'm frankly shocked someone took something I said seriously, only on the internet... :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Orizio wrote: »
    About the only worthwhile remark in your post. Should have just begun with it. :p

Now you tell me! :pac:
    Kold wrote: »
    Haha yeah, the kids are ignorant, you aren't at all.

What's ignorant about disliking certain types of music? I was merely pointing out a fact, that many kids these days are ignorant of music that's gone before them, one particular type which I believe to be infinitely better than the music currently masquerading under the same title. I, on the other hand, am not ignorant as to the existance of rap, hip hop, etc., it's just not music to my ears. Just because you happen to like it anyone who doesn't is branded ignorant then? I'm sure there's much of my music collection you would be as unfamiliar with as I am with many rap artists, and no doubt would have a similar level of interest in it as I have your chosen tastes. Does that make you ignorant?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I hate to say Kold and Orizio, you're both being very defensive and lashing out towards people who don't like your preferred genres. Your comments are becoming borderline flaming now. Are you unable to cope with the criticism? Maybe try to take a step back from this.

They aren't really my preferred genres, I'm fairly eclectic as things go tbh. Saying you hate several wide genres though doesn't really qualify as criticism. I find it amusing enough, I know that it's a fairly commonly held opinion, I just don't see how anyone can call themself a music fan whilst eliminating 2/3's of contemporary musical styles.
    What's ignorant about disliking certain types of music? I was merely pointing out a fact, that many kids these days are ignorant of music that's gone before them, one particular type which I believe to be infinitely better than the music currently masquerading under the same title. I, on the other hand, am not ignorant as to the existance of rap, hip hop, etc., it's just not music to my ears. Just because you happen to like it anyone who doesn't is branded ignorant then? I'm sure there's much of my music collection you would be as unfamiliar with as I am with many rap artists, and no doubt would have a similar level of interest in it as I have your chosen tastes. Does that make you ignorant?

I'm dismissive to artists but not to entire genres. I'll admit that almost no metal has been at all pleasing to my ears but I'll listen to a few bands that fit under some category of metal. Reggae leaves me cold because of the very strict guidelines but I quite like some dub stuff. I mean do you hate anything with a synth or with spoken rhyme because that's how I understood your post. I hate modern R'n'B also but shooting people down when you just ruled out a world of music is sort of hypocritical practice imo.

And if this makes little sense it's cos I'm a bit pissed, went to see DJ Scotch Egg tonight. Crazy stuff'.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Its turned into a fight between music genres now ha ha :p

That ****ing song with Lil Wayne and some other dickhead who can't say the word "rock" without it sounding like he's choking on a dick. Words cannot begin to describe how ****ing awful and childish it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

I like dance, a few waltzes a bit of ragtime you know?
    BUt seriously, do you guys not find it horrible reading these threads? It just builds up anger, seeing all this crap music, and then seeing some of your favourites bunched in with it. And it's just so hard to stay away too god damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The only genre that I find completely unlistenable is rap. I'll give pretty much anything else a try, I'll probably even dance to chart dance music when drunk (and curse its existence when sober), but I simply do not get the appeal of rap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen

Every bloody time i hear there music it drives me up the wall.

Even on a saturday night they play there music and 40 year old woman and even older/younger scream out there horrible songs and think there 18 again knocking into people and sing those terrable lyrics :mad:

Bon jovi is the worst thats what djs call a bit of rock music to please the crowd. They never heard of metallica or nirvana nothing else matters or something or come as you are songsa that could be played in beer gardens

I have loads more people just listing two there my chemical romance and panic at the disco two more that should be baned from pubs

i CAN'T stand this twat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdyxEps1uXY

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

What the add or the music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

What the add or the music

sorry i copied the wrong link , now the proper one is up

Advertisement