Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music you hate

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

1. Chipmunk - Absolute rubbish. That's not Grime. Old Kano and Dizzee is grime.

2. N-Dubz - I'd rather play Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun than listen to this crap.

3. R. Kelly - The name says it all really.

I love all this talk about rap and/or hip-hop and people, in general, trying to define who was better than who. Take that guy form Limerick, he clearly knows nothing about rap.

But, hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions, just not some poeple :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I hate pretentious indie groups with stupid hair. Yes, The Enemy, I'm looking at you.

I hate overly arrogant bands who think themselves worthy to pass judgement on all of their peers. Oasis and Razorlight spring to mind.

Other than that, I'll listen to most anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I hate all 'Indie' music. It's all the samw and when you've listening to various genres of rock since you were a kid then hear Indie it's like nooooo.

Hate Kings of Leon

Hate people that think Electronic music is made by 'just pressing buttons.' Learning the software and how to use the hardware in as hard a learning any traditional instrument if not harder.' And when these people pass judgment on a genre of music based on what they hear in the charts. lol

All in all I love most music especially if it's not forced on me.

Love anyone from Aphex Twin to Depeche Mode, Led Zeppelin, Kraftwerk, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Beastie Boys, Lee Perry and any genre from Dubstep to Jazz or Blues

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

I've a really inconsistent taste in music. Don't hate any genres as a whole, except maybe rap - could never relate to it at all. But I'll like bands in all genres.

Like say dance/techno....hate most of it, but The Prodigy, Sash!, DJ Shadow and Underworld would get regular plays on my iPod. Love most grunge bands like Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, but I can't stand Pearl Jam. Hate nearly all those American teen punk bands, but The Offspring are pretty good.

Can't stand most metal, in particular the speed-metal stuff like Dragonforce play, and the Scandinavian choking-vocals stuff...

I actually don't mind the really poppy stuff that's on radios/jukeboxes the whole time, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga et all... You hear them so often you find yourself actually listening to the different melodies in them and it's actually quite good when you do that.

Oh yeah, and any kind of music that involves ould lads on banjos singing about bating the Black & Tans....just awful.

...but love proper Irish trad like The Chieftains and stuff like Horslips and Kila as well! :) I'm just picky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

anything by BEYONCEE , pseudo feminist crap , single ladies is the worst song ive ever heard

cant stand her no talent husband either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

like 90% of the tunes played on the radio, and then when a good song or two does come along its overplayed to death. Thats science fact right there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭phatkev

the blizzards, bellx1, kings of leon, snow patrol, keane
    find all of the above extremly boring andmonotonous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I hate:

all 'Christian Rock'

any rap songs that are purely about the size of the rappers house/car/nike shoebox collection

minimal techno (bit boring amirite?)

any fascist rock/'Rock Against Communism' rubbish.

diet-indie music (The Script etc., pop bands who've been handed guitars)

Scooter

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I hate:

all 'Christian Rock'

any rap songs that are purely about the size of the rappers house/car/nike shoebox collection

minimal techno (bit boring amirite?)

any fascist rock/'Rock Against Communism' rubbish.

diet-indie music (The Script etc., pop bands who've been handed guitars)

Scooter

Couldn't agree more about this list. Bit surprised to see someone list RAC/Bonehead rubbish as it's existence is not very well known outside of neo nazi and punk circles. There was a band (was it No Remorse or Fortress?) who, for a while, had a bass player who was secretly Jewish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Can't stand Irish Country music and showband stuff - Big Tom, Daniel O'Donnell, TR Dallas, Rose Marie, Philomena Begley etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

SHUT UP AND LET ME GO by the Ting Tings. Just...shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cactus86

"dance" remixes of irish songs....fields of athenry etc. albums like irish clubland....shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

I hate:

all rap & dance "music"

girl bands & boy bands

The Ting Tings (why do some bands bother having a singer who can't sing?)

Lady GaGa

Duffy

Kate Nash

Oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Mainstream rap, which mostly revolves around "look at how much money and bitches and cars I've got, I'm so very popular!"

Enter Shikari just shouldn't exist. Or any genre which ends in "core". Enter Shikari fans call themselves / their style "Hardcore", for god's sake!

Blink 182 / +44 / Green Day / Papa Roach / anyone that sings with a thick American accent. Most bands that can be described using the word "punk", "punk-core". Oh, and Avenged Sevenfold piss me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Anthem

I really can't stand Irish trad music, it just all sounds the same to me. :confused:

I also despise the Duffy, Kate Nash, Amy Winehouse crowd. Something about all of their voices just grinds my gears.

Can't stand Akon or Soulja Boy either... Also have inherited an extreme aversion to the Beatles from my family as a whole. :o

Advertisement