Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too Skinny??

• 14-01-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Jess my border collie is nearly ten months, she's had all her vaccinnations, wormed regularly and generally well looked after, she's quite active but she eats alot and seems perfectly happy, shes a naturally small dog but its just that to me she looks very skinny...
    does anyone know how much roughly should she weigh? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

The breed standard for an adult fully grown collie bitch is 22-28kg so at 10 months I presume she should be around 16-18kg depending on the size of her frame.

Pups tend to go through a 'dangly' stage when their legs look really long compared to their body and then they start to fill out.

What are you feeding her just out of curiousity?

Also take a look at this: http://www.k9ny.com/articles/dog-overweight.htm

If you are still concerned you could pop into your vets usually they have a weighing scales in the waiting area that you can just pop your dog onto without having to make an appointment. If there is a nurse around you caould just ask her does her weight seem ok to her.

Hope this helps! Good Luck.

Advertisement