Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Maps vs TomTom, Garmin etc

• 14-01-2009 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hello,

I am in 2 minds whether to buy a proper GPS system or get a new Nokia n96/n78 etc.

I would use the GPS in the car for proper routing and directions and get a car cradle if I got the phone. Anyone with experience of both?

Obviously the phones have other uses but I have a n73 which im happy with. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭kirving

Well Nokia Maps is decent enough, but the navigation feature costs about €30 per year to activate.:rolleyes: I can't speak for Garmin Mobile.

I wouldnt use a phone in place of a GPS. The screens on phones, although very good (eg: N96) are still quite small when used in the car. The touchscreen interface on dedicated GPS's is easier to use in the car, routing would be faster and getting a satellite lock would also be faster.

I have a Garmin 660 which has Bluetooth, meaning is can be used as an in car handsfree kit. I'd reccomend one of Garmins newer units, they are relatively cheap these days.

Advertisement