Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

played there today in the comp,for anyone who's interested the place was in great nick,looks like it's was hollow cored a few weeks ago,greens a bit slow but for €17 it's great value,still a bit open but very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Lee Valley Golf & Country Club
    Open Winter Fourball Competition

Every Thursday from September 24th to December 17th

Final 14th January 2009

Price:

Members €15 inclusive of Steak Sandwich
    Non-Members €38 inclusive of Steak Sandwich

Time Sheet 021 7331721

Grand Prize:

Lee Valley Golf and Country Club Members will receive a 50% reduction in their subscription fees for the 2010 season
    While non-members will receive 6 months free golf at Lee Valley
    Also
    The winners will receive overnight accommodation at the fabulous Dundrum House with a four ball included.

Weekly prizes available

Open to Ladies and Gents

GUI handicap required to win the competition

David Keohane
    Golf Director

http://www.leevalleygolfclub.com/pics2009/Senior%20Scratch%20Cup/HTML/bbd_0029%20copy.htm
    current senior scratch winner
    I wonder will he defend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

anyone up for a game in rathcore on Saturday morning? €35 - one place available to make up a 4 ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

Hi,

Anyone fancy a game in Grace O'Malley or Deer Park on Monday? I'm itching to improve as I'm currently crap.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irishgolfer01

Anyone interested in playing open singles thursday in Royal Tara @ 10.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 irishgolfer01

U must have GUI swipe card to play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Is there anywhere in the south east with open comps on Fridays? I'm off this coming Friday and would like to get a game in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Timesheet are just out :eek: for Sat. 24th & Sun 25th Oct. at Enniscorthy Golf Club.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in the south east with open comps on Fridays? I'm off this coming Friday and would like to get a game in.....
    I think Gowran have a 3 person team event on Fridays in the autumn... 60 per team
    Abbeyleix apparently has an open singles on this friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

hi lads,
    im trying to get a game together for saturday morning, hopefully am as im more of a morning player. is everywhere booked for members on a saturday usually?

• Advertisement

I combined the 'Arrange a Game' sticky with the 'Open Events' sticky so as to take up less space at the top of the forum with stickied threads... apologies it the thread is a little disjointed as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Any qualifying open singles left anywhere?

Played really bad today and want to get it outta my system? Anywhere preferable in the Wexford/Wicklow/Dublin area cheers.

Regards
    Ian

http://www.gui.ie/open_fixtures.asp throws up a good few singles but not sure of them being qualifying or not... South County, St. Margarets, St. Helens Bay...? Could be a winter alliance on in Rosslare tomorrow (monday) but again not sure if it's qualifying (if indeed it is actually on).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lemon head

Anybody out there (members or non-members) interested in a game at the Macreddin Golf Club tomorrow around lunch time?
    Or any golf clubs anywhere in the south Wicklow area!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Wasnt sure where to put this but got an email from Castleknock Golf club today, bloody great deal imo

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280413545763

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

anybody who has not played lee valley-get down there for that thursday event-great days golf to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

shaydy wrote: »
    Wasnt sure where to put this but got an email from Castleknock Golf club today, bloody great deal imo

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280413545763

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Anyone up for a game on Tuesday morning between 9 and 10, only day this week where weather looks dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭BigAl>>

No need now done n dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Par71

Glen of the Downs Golf club have a great winter offer on, 18 holes of golf with a fantastic steak meal and a free Pint for €49. If you dont want the steak meal you can trade in your voucher for a second round of golf to be played on another day. Two rounds for €49 is exceptional value IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Par71 wrote: »
    Glen of the Downs Golf club have a great winter offer on, 18 holes of golf with a fantastic steak meal and a free Pint for €49. If you dont want the steak meal you can trade in your voucher for a second round of golf to be played on another day. Two rounds for €49 is exceptional value IMO.

Member there by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

thegen wrote: »
    Member there by any chance?

Even if he is a member there it is still a good offer..... I took it up a few weeks ago and can vouch for the steak and the pint.....mmmmmm....:D.
    Food is always good there!
    I live close by but I am NOT a member.

Not a member either, just passing on information that I have gathered. The European has a great deal on too. Its a matchplay format you pay €60 to enter and play as long as you keep winnning. If your good you will get great value out of this offer.

MiniGolf wrote: »
    Even if he is a member there it is still a good offer..... I took it up a few weeks ago and can vouch for the steak and the pint.....mmmmmm....:D.
    Food is always good there!
    I live close by but I am NOT a member.
    I agree!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Par71 wrote: »
    Not a member either, just passing on information that I have gathered. The European has a great deal on too. Its a matchplay format you pay €60 to enter and play as long as you keep winnning. If your good you will get great value out of this offer.

Sorry about that, just your 1st two posts were telling us about the offers on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 paulof1985

anybody know anywhere to get a game in the next week or two if this bloody snow clears up in dublin???

was thinking about corballis. havnt played it since they put some new holes in and your gauranteed a game if its snow free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

There is an Open singles in Fota next Sunday for €45. It's on the original 18 holes (Deepark Course).

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭colmsix

paulof1985 wrote: »
    anybody know anywhere to get a game in the next week or two if this bloody snow clears up in dublin???

was thinking about corballis. havnt played it since they put some new holes in and your gauranteed a game if its snow free.

played corballis yesterday in a 3 club wind, in great condition as usual , new holes would grace any links course around, and a full irish breakfast inc for 20 euro before 10.00 am, playing off 5, i needed both hands to count over par score but will be back next week for more punishment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

thegen wrote: »
    Sorry about that, just your 1st two posts were telling us about the offers on there.

Can I ask and I honestly aint trying to have a go !! But even if he is a member what harm is it to mention these things?? We are all in difficult times and if it means drumming up a little business for his club well then I say he is an excellent member and at the same time getting golfers a bit of value for their buck!!

Again just asking honestly not stirring sh*t but these comments arise all the time when someone suggests a deal or a bit of value or even a shop doing sales etc somewhere. I guess it kinda ticks me off a little !!

Its through this information we hear of deals / bargains which everyone is grateful for !!;)

• Advertisement

The problem arises when poster "a" comes on here and says " Hey, club x have this great deal..." and then you'll see poster "b" come on a agree with him....
    Ok, maybe it's not a bad deal but maybe these posters are not members and are actually working for the club in which case it becomes a lame attempt at free advertising. Setting up an account to do this is against one of the few rules that you agree to when registering on this site and we have had to get rid of quite a few of these posters/threads.
    We do allow some leeway of course - plenty of posters here will link up the offers that they know of or ones at their home course and that's all fine because they are part of the community and hang around here to talk s***e with the rest of us.

Advertisement