Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Ok thanks for that Licksy

I understand with that point completely guess it just annoys me when no matter who puts it up they are jumped on from someone about this when in most cases all they are trying to do is alert us to a good deal etc!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    Can I ask and I honestly aint trying to have a go !! But even if he is a member what harm is it to mention these things?? We are all in difficult times and if it means drumming up a little business for his club well then I say he is an excellent member and at the same time getting golfers a bit of value for their buck!!

Again just asking honestly not stirring sh*t but these comments arise all the time when someone suggests a deal or a bit of value or even a shop doing sales etc somewhere. I guess it kinda ticks me off a little !!

Its through this information we hear of deals / bargains which everyone is grateful for !!;)

I do understand where you are coming from and I have availed of offers which were posted here, but in the instance above it appeared to me to be someone seeking free advertising which is against the charter.

I now know that reporting the post rather than entering into a debate is the way to go. The mods will then take action if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

thegen wrote: »
    I do understand where you are coming from and I have availed of offers which were posted here, but in the instance above it appeared to me to be someone seeking free advertising which is against the charter.

I now know that reporting the post rather than entering into a debate is the way to go. The mods will then take action if required.

Sorry wasnt trying to get you into bother either just think if its done with commone sense and in moderation its no harm provided its done for the interest of the forum and are genuine offers !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MID123

Anyone playing the Algarve cup 3 rounds for €100? sounds like a good deal

MID123 wrote: »
    Anyone playing the Algarve cup 3 rounds for €100? sounds like a good deal

Does that include flights, transfers and accomadation;)

• Advertisement

i think its a qualifying competition 52 top teams go to the algarve free

MID123 wrote: »
    i think its a qualifying competition 52 top teams go to the algarve free

Have you a link to it? Or could you provide a bit more info?

link for algarve cup qualifier
    http://www.bernietravel.com/algarve_cup_77.html

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

what is the format of this. The link to the rules take me straight to the rules of golf.

4 ball better ball stableford - combined scores over 3 rounds top 52 scores get free entry into the Algarve cup including flights, accomodation, transfers, golf etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

mid123, you have 4 posts all of which are regarding the algarve cup. Would you like to declare an interest?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I left the original post be, if only for the sheer irony of it coming immediately after the posts it did :)

Well it is of general interest to the people here. What gets me (assuming there is an interest here) is the 'I think'.

Still, I can't help thinking something's not quite right here. I mean, 3 rounds of golf on premium courses? the 100 wouldn't even cover greenfees in most cases. Then they're going to fly and accomodate 104 golfers to the algarve and pay for prizes?

First rule of not getting done is if a deal looks like it's too good to be true it generally is.

yes i have an interest because i entered it. what i posted is correct as i have spoken to people in the heritage, which is one of the courses i picked and the course is booked for the full day to run the competition.
    I understand your cynical view but this is true.

I looked at this algarve cup. I would be concerned that you can book as four and play opposite your friends. Also a Dublin GS has blocked booked a large number of slots. The numbers that are there at the moment don't stack up. Can't see how they could afford to send 52 teams (104 people) to the algarve to play golf witha €200 fee per team.

Noticed this in the terms and conditions

19. Algarve Cup Qualifying Competition Conditions.

(a)The top "52 teams" is based on a minimum number of entries ie: 2080 teams, ratio: 1/40.

In the event that the Organiser does not receive the minimum number of team bookings or having received such minimum numbers has that number reduced by reason of cancellations or transfers by the Consumers or otherwise, the Organiser shall be entitled to revert to the ratio of 1 team for every 40 team entries.

(b) In the unlikely event that there are insufficient numbers booked on any golf course or for any reason outside of the Organisers control, the Organiser shall be entitled to transfer players to an alternative golf course, all efforts will be made to transfer players to a golf course of similar standard in the same region on similar dates and times. Players will be notified of any need to transfer within 14 days of the scheduled date.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Two full lines available for an open fourball at Enniscorthy this coming Sat at 9:30 and 12:10. Ring now 0539237600
    Sun 7th free at 13:10, 13:20 & 13:30
    www.twitter/EnniscorthyGolf

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭jimmystars

Summer series in Mount juliet for 60 euros on
    Friday 7th May
    Wed 16th June
    Thurs 8th July
    Thurs 5th Aug
    Wed 15th Sept

4 person event.

Would like to play some of the top courses in the country this summer and not have to pay a small fortune. Any other deals like this about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Does anyone have any idea what sort of condition Mitchelstown is in at the moment? Open singles there Saturday and I'd play there if there were no mats and it was in good enough nick. I'm open to anyone joining me too if anyone's interested.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

Open singles in Killarney (Mahony's point) on wednesday, good value at €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭MasterKZG

Anybody available for a game on this Friday afternoon at the Arklow Links Golf club? Could do with a links game

• Advertisement

Open singles on in Adare Golf club tomorrow. I'm out at 1:20 if anyone would care to join me.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭airguitar

Play Power golf is back at Blessington Lakes GC starting next Saturday 27th March. Great format and great value played over 9 holes. You can book in by email by visiting their website. Try it its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Dunmurry Springs €20 Single Stableford Open this Saturday 27th March from 8am. GUI card must be presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thoscon

L.O.F.T wrote: »
    Dunmurry Springs €20 Single Stableford Open this Saturday 27th March from 8am. GUI card must be presented.

where have you seen this.was just on their website and nowt on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Open Singles Stableford on @ Wicklow Golf Club on Easter Monday. Visitors €20.00 - Good value imho.

Book here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jarzinho

Well lads, the following deals going with mygolfsociety.ie - very good based on the venues and the dates as well.
    Moyvalley Sat 1st May 12–1:50pm €35 per person;
    Moyvalley Monday May 3rd 10–11am €25 per person;
    The Heritage Thurs 24th June 10:30am–2:40pm €40 per person;
    New Forest Sat 10th July 12:30-1:50pm €30 per person;
    Macreddin Sat 21st August 11am–12pm €30 per person.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Short Notice I know but is anyone interested in Playing in a team event tomorrow at 10am in Wicklow Golf Club? Only requirement is a GUI handicap and not taking it too seriously! A friend just dropped out and left us 1 short.

Drop me a text on 0872220330 for more info.

Short Notice I know but is anyone interested in Playing in a team event tomorrow at 10am in Wicklow Golf Club? Only requirement is a GUI handicap and not taking it too seriously! A friend just dropped out and left us 1 short.

Drop me a text on for more info.

word of advice never port your tel number on an internet forum. you should edit or delete the post

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

word of advice never port your tel number on an internet forum. you should edit or delete the post

Google Ian McDonald or Donkey Poker Tour and I guarantee it will come up so I dont worry to much about it. Its a business phone so Huge numbers of people have the number anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Open Gents Senior Singles @ Enniscorthy. Few places left and the weather is to be good. Full line at 10:50 am and 12:50 pm.

Advertisement