Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

While I'm here I might as well mention that next weekend is an open fourball competition at Enniscorthy. They've more open than you could shake a stick at! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭1916

Rosslare GC next wednesday 14th, Open singles, I'm down as a 2 ball at the moment if anyone wants to club along @ 11:12. First time around it so I won't be winning any prizes, so just a casual game in a competition, if that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

anyone fancy a game in castletroy golf club tomorrow?? there's an open singles on and its killing me to miss all this good weather so dying for a game!!

Nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Open singles in Castlemartyr on 16th & 17th April(next Friday & Saturday).
    Not sure of the price, Just saw it on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jarzinho

Hi lads,

mygolfsociety.ie are running two outings at Moyvalley over the May Bank Holiday, Saturday 1st and Monday 3rd May. It's €35 for the Saturday and only €25 for the Monday - at those prices I might play both days, weather permitting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Heads up lads,

Open Singles S'ford in Forrest Little this Monday 26th April

€15 for visitors I think, good bit of room on the sheet, course in good shape, greens running true and quick, definitely worth a visit. I'll be there anyhow!

Pro shop @ 01 8407670

Enjoy!

Also open Fourball bank holiday Saturday 1st May and open Singles morning of bank holiday Monday 3rd May to 1230pm. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Lads suddenly have monday free for myself, anyone interesting hitting one of the near dublin opens. The choices are seapoint, donabate, palmerstown (former pga national, but a little pricey) cill dara, or druids glen (though there is no mention of this on their online booking). Forrest little seems to be on too, but helpfully they havent put it on the gui website.

Anyone fancy a game? ill be jumping on with someone on a timesheet if i can anyways at one of them

Well lads,

mygolfsociety.ie are running two golf days at Moyvalley this weekend, Saturday is €35 per person and Monday is €25, singles stableford both days. If you log on to the mygolfsociety.ie homepage the contact details are there to book your place, not sure if there are still places left but could be worth a shot.

Have played Moyvalley, good layout, massive greens (couple of dead dinosaurs buried under some of them me thinks!!) but a serious test of golf and very enjoyable. Never played New Forest but the reports I've heard back are good, hopefully both will get through this season and stay open (touch wood!).

Enjoy your golf if you're playing this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Edmondstown GC open on Monday 3rd May
    20.00 inc prizes

Time Sheet 01-4941049

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭colmsix

scr and jr scratch cup time sheet open for beaverstown saturday may 15th 36 holes. book on 8434655. great value

good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Green Fee Special

Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri: 2 ball €50, 3 ball €60, 4 ball €70. Rates not available on line, Call the Pro Shop at 4583300

Open Singles Sat 1st and Sunday 2nd May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

colmsix wrote: »
    scr and jr scratch cup time sheet open for beaverstown saturday may 15th 36 holes. book on 8434655. great value

good luck

How much is it Colmsix and what's the handicap range cut offs?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭colmsix

www.beaverstown.com €20.00 for visitors ,senior s/c 0/3 junior s/c 4/9. pro am on 2 weeks later so course will be in good shape

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

www.beaverstown.com €20.00 for visitors ,senior s/c 0/3 junior s/c 4/9. pro am on 2 weeks later so course will be in good shape

Very good value for 36 holes. To be commended when other courses within spitting distance of yourselves are charging up to double that for 18 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

good luck

Nice one colmsix, bewked in for this, great value is right at €20

Roll on me two point ones:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Had to pull my usual four-ball out for Sunday. I noticed that there are several nice tee-times available for groups of 4 if anyone is interested.
    http://www.brsgolf.com/enniscorthy/opens_day.php

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fordbrian21

havnt played beaverstown,was wonderin wat it is like,tinkin of playin junior scratch, but hav to travel an hour an a half so wonderin is it worth it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

havnt played beaverstown,was wonderin wat it is like,tinkin of playin junior scratch, but hav to travel an hour an a half so wonderin is it worth it....

imo it's not great ,i wouldn't travel an hour to play it,nothing special about it,for me it was one course where i played really well but didn't feel like it was much of a test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭davidrafferty

Open competitions in Balcarrick every Monday (€20), Tuesday (Seniors €15), Thursday (€20) and at Bank Holiday weekends (€20).

Book online a week in advance on www.balcarrickgolfclub.com.

On Fridays during May 2010, you can book casual golf for €15 with a free entry for Mystery Prize if you have an official handicap.

Further reductions are available for guests of members.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭[DM]Frink

If you play in the open tournaments week in week out in Balcarrick are you intitled to win prizes? Are there even prizes up for grabs?

P.S I have an offical handicap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭davidrafferty

Prizes are available for all open competitions in Balcarrick, provided you have an official handicap. For Results see website www.balcarrickgolfclub.com.

I got an email from the european club on sunday (on my work account so i dont have it to post here)

They are holding the 'irish scotch foursomes', men or ladies in any combination allowed, max handicap 18 (step downs allowed). entry is an absolute bargain at €100 per pair

Qualifying rounds can be played any time up to the end of june, week days only, with the top 16 pairs going in to a matchplay play off.

Myself and a mate are looking for a pair to play with on friday week (the 25th), have provisionally booked 11 am but can be flexible on time. any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭[DM]Frink

I would be interested, have you got anymore information on it though? I play off 15

I have the email on my work computer, ill forward it to my gmail and post it here tomorrow evening. What else do you need to know? I hopefully remember most of the details :)

Its Scotch foursomes so alternating shots, with no every second tee shot requirement.
    Players must play in fours in qualifying, but only to sign cards, its effectively a two man team stableford comp, with the top 16 qualifying for matchplay.

You can play the qualifiers as many times as you like. Ill post the mail tomorrow

Would be great if you could post the details of the European Club Foursomes comp, sounds like a great deal. Have never played there but have only ever heard superb feedback from friends of mine.

Your wish is my command!!

Hello,

This is a note to inform you of a new event at The European Club.

THE IRISH SCOTCH FOURSOMES.

This event is open to both men and women, and is a true open concept just like the East of Ireland Matchplay (singles) and Irish Matchplay Fourball which are extremely popular at the club. The event is open to both men and women. Players may be amateur or professional. The only requirement is that the amateurs must have official G.U.I. or I.L.G.U. handicaps of not higher than 18 or be willing to play off 18.

The first round will be 18-holes Stableford and can be played any weekday from next Monday through to Friday, June 25 after which the sixteen best scorers will go into matchplay to be played over the Summer holiday period. Re-entry is permitted to give every Irish golfer the opportunity of multiple visits to a links which has just been voted 43rd Greatest Course in the World by Golf World (June issue).

Play will be off of the white tees, with an entry fee of €100 per pair, which compares to the standard greenfee of €180 per person, and further details can be had from 0404 47415.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards

Patrick

If anyone wants to play friday week, let me know asap, me and a mate have the day off so would love to use it to play the european, booked 11, flexible on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Any opens on today? Only one I can see is portmarnock links and its 50euro which is a little steep for my pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Thegingerbear

Anyone out there interested in playing during the week, am playing off 20 and could really do with some practice, even 9 holes would do, am based around Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vokera

hi, available next wednsday for 18 holes, would not mind playing rathcore, let me know. pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Thegingerbear

vokera, sent you a pm.

Advertisement