Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jarzinho

Anybody playing in this? Haven't played Dundrum before but have been told it is a decent track.....

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Open week in Wexford GC starts wednesday http://www.brsgolf.com/wexford/opens_home.php

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Scramble 1/10 combined handicaps. Non-GUI/ILGU welcome. €120 per team (food not included; but cheap specials available). Worthy cause. Lots of prizes & early morning tee-times available. Course in great condition. For booking details contact Nick 0872054076.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭stebed

I have a pass as a member of druids heath to play the Glen. I am leaving the country shortly and want to use my pass on Thursday and my usual partners can't make it. I am going to book around 11am and would prefer not to play on my own. I play off 11.7 at the Heath which I am told is more like 8 else where (the Heath is very tough)

So I offer a free round to someone, needs to be a sub 16 handicap, I don't play well with high handicappers, and preferably an equipment junkie, then at least we will have something in common. If you are English we will have 2 things in common, oh and if you use Titleist gear even better.

No axe murderers, or stalkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Stebed I might be around on Thursday!!
    I meet your very stringent requirements except for the English part !!

I am about for interviews if needed ;-)

• Advertisement

Ok, When can you confirm? As it's yours if you can defo make it.

stebed wrote: »
    Ok, When can you confirm? As it's yours if you can defo make it.

I am pretty certain I can play but will confirm it for you tomorrow if thats ok ?
    Appreciate the game !!

No probs, that is fine. Just feed up of playing on my own, and a course like that deserves to be savored not rushed I think. I have 1050 booked, but I intend to use the range at the Heath before.

Sounds good looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Stebed space for another one or is it just a two ball?

• Advertisement

Yes it is only a 2 ball that I have sorry.

Stebed good to go Thursday !! thanks again

Good, see you there about 1040, unless you fancy a few on the range at Druid Heath where I will be from about 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

any betting on this lads?

Good, see you there about 1040, unless you fancy a few on the range at Druid Heath where I will be from about 10.

yeah sure meet you at the range at 10

Jimdagym wrote: »
    any betting on this lads?

ha go for it, whats in the running ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    ha go for it, whats in the running ?:D
    i'll stick a €50 on stebed at evens

heavyballs wrote: »
    i'll stick a €50 on stebed at evens

Heavyballs has inside knowledge being a member of the Heath:D:D !! Is Stebed a mate ?

I don't have any friends, hence giving away a round of golf. All I have played since last September is The Heath and that is killing me! I stand by my comments that I think it is the hardest course I have ever played and I have played all over Europe and the US.

Everyone tells me The Glen is 4-5 strokes easier than The Heath if it is I expect a decent round.

I have to say I would agree that it is an easier course than the heath but only in distance, you still need to be accurate with your shots and its certainly no push over !! I would also put the greens ahead of the heaths !! either way I wont be minding the scores once weather is nice its all good !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mygolfsociety

Dromoland have an Open Day tomorrow, €30 per person including prizes, with just a few spots left. Killarney have a Day on Friday as well, €50 per person including prizes.

If you are interested in playing in any of these days please call Tom on 087-6644344 or email volvomastersamateur@mygolfsociety.ie. Cheers!

Heavyballs has inside knowledge being a member of the Heath:D:D !! Is Stebed a mate ?

no,as i said b4 the heath was 1 of my options this year but due to lack of funds i went down the country membership route so i can still play a few junior scr's which i love,don't know what to do this week,don't have the time for the 2 18 holers so might sqeeze in Malahide

no,as i said b4 the heath was 1 of my options this year but due to lack of funds i went down the country membership route so i can still play a few junior scr's which i love,don't know what to do this week,don't have the time for the 2 18 holers so might sqeeze in Malahide

Was just poking fun, anyway Stebed and myself played today. We were very lucky with the weather and I have to say he is a genuine decent guy and we had a nice relaxing game of golf . He also has lots of game and shrugged me off with ease as was expected by Heavyballs;). He finished on 36 points and I on 29. Wasnt great off the tee today and it proved my killer that said Stebed shot 36 with 3 scratches so lots more room for improving. He will be down to single figures in no time judging by what I saw today, no shots he cant play just got a little unlucky in spots but very very steady all round. Thanks again for the game was a pleasure !!

Was just poking fun, anyway Stebed and myself played today. We were very lucky with the weather and I have to say he is a genuine decent guy and we had a nice relaxing game of golf . He also has lots of game and shrugged me off with ease as was expected by Heavyballs;). He finished on 36 points and I on 29. Wasnt great off the tee today and it proved my killer that said Stebed shot 36 with 3 scratches so lots more room for improving. He will be down to single figures in no time judging by what I saw today, no shots he cant play just got a little unlucky in spots but very very steady all round. Thanks again for the game was a pleasure !!

GET IN:D

GET IN:D

ha ha whatever makes u happy mate

ha ha whatever makes u happy mate
    look at my user name..you know what makes me happy:D

look at my user name..you know what makes me happy:D

Brutal :D

BUACHAILL I enjoyed my game very much today and think your course knowledge and encouragement brought the best from my game. I can see that if it were not for a few wayward drives the scores would of been more even. I hope I can take the form into Charsland Open tomorrow.
    Thanks for the company.

BUACHAILL I enjoyed my game very much today and think your course knowledge and encouragement brought the best from my game. I can see that if it were not for a few wayward drives the scores would of been more even. I hope I can take the form into Charsland Open tomorrow.
    Thanks for the company.

Play well tomorrow mate, I am sure you will find Charlesland a walk in the park after today. Just commit to your shots and you will be laughing !! hope to see you get cut soon your easily into single figures !! Thanks again for game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

anyone interested in a game on sunday - there's an open comp in St. Annes and in Howth - thinking of heading out around 2pm so back in time for world cup final.

anyone interested?

Advertisement