Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Thursday the 13th of Jan 2011. Open Gents Seniors (50's +) Competition at Enniscorthy Golf Club €15.

And Open 4Ball Any Combination Competition including meal Only €15
    Jan Sat 15th & Sun 16th + 22nd & 23rd + 29th & 30th. Great value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kopjohn

Guys if you are wanting to organise a trip for boarders, I can help. I own a golf trips company and can get good discounts with most courses.
    If you want any help let me know and I'd like to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dalglish

Hi fellow boarders,
    I'm new to the boards, just joined today, but have really enjoyed numerous threads I've read.
    Despite hacking away for years with little sign of improvement I'm far from a natural golfer, but I enjoy the game, so I'd be interested to see if anyone would be interested in arranging a round of golf in Galway some weekend soon if the weather is ok? There is a very affordable course at Glenloe Abbey and it's rarely busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Anyone for a game in North Dublin, I'm usually free most days near Howth.

I'm crossing out a full tee time slot (8.15pm this evening) for this coming Saturday at 12:10pm (a nice time to avoid frost closure -hopefully) This is a fourball Open Comp with meal for €15
    Love to see visitors: http://www.brsgolf.com/enniscorthy/opens_day.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭BigAl>>

Anyone up for a game before midday some morning this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Apologies if this has been posted. I know Kevin had it up on Twitter.

European Club is doing a great deal at the moment.

Monday, Tuesday & Thursday @ €35.00 per round
    Wednesday & Friday @ €50.00 per round.

TheGEN.

Enniscorthy are continuing their Open Fourball (3/4 HC) with meal for €15 this coming weekend. Sat look pretty booked up at mo but lots of tee-times on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dazzer B

Anyone interested in playing golf this season, have nt played in a couple of years so would nt be a serious golfer, based in kells so if you fancy meeting up for a round get in touch..

Darren

'scorthy wrote: »
    Enniscorthy are continuing their Open Fourball (3/4 HC) with meal for €15 this coming weekend. Sat look pretty booked up at mo but lots of tee-times on Sunday.

Just pulled a couple of names off the timesheet;
    Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 11:40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

as posted earlier, i'm in Carne from the 16th to the 27th february is anyone fancies playing the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Lads

I'll be in Killarney on the 21st and 22nd Feb, the Mrs wants away for spa treatments and the like so im bringing the clubs, looking to play a round on one of those days..maybe in killarney golf and fishing club....high handicap but can hit a ball and not slow at all...anyone interested or available just PM me or reply here!! Thanks!!

At Enniscorthy for €15. Tomorrow & Sunday: Tee-times available.
    and next Saturday. http://www.brsgolf.com/enniscorthy/opens_day.php
    or phone the proshop http://www.enniscorthygc.ie/clubpro.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

xgtdec wrote: »
    Lads

I'll be in Killarney on the 21st and 22nd Feb, the Mrs wants away for spa treatments and the like so im bringing the clubs, looking to play a round on one of those days..maybe in killarney golf and fishing club....high handicap but can hit a ball and not slow at all...anyone interested or available just PM me or reply here!! Thanks!!
    Just a Heads up, Kileen has been closed on and off over the last few weeks, and the Winter league is on one of the courses both days. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

that enniscorthy is a serious deal...unreal!!!! and a fairly decent parkland track too...cant believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

that enniscorthy is a serious deal...unreal!!!! and a fairly decent parkland track too...cant believe that.

Played it couple of weekends ago, really good deal and the course is in great nick, the meal isn't half bad too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Anyone fancy a game midweek this week or next in the leinster area? Im in celbridge but would be willing to travel within reason. Im a beginner so havent got a handicap yet but i reckon i would be 20-25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

xgtdec wrote: »
    Lads

Might be able to make it on the Tuesday, but it'll be Friday before I know...
    (work)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

allybhoy wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a game midweek this week or next in the leinster area? Im in celbridge but would be willing to travel within reason. Im a beginner so havent got a handicap yet but i reckon i would be 20-25.

I'd love a game, I'm in North Dublin if u fancy a game out this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭allybhoy

barrackali wrote: »
    I'd love a game, I'm in North Dublin if u fancy a game out this way!

Yeh no worries, how does Friday suit? The only course I've played Northside is St Margarets, would love to try somewhere new

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    Might be able to make it on the Tuesday, but it'll be Friday before I know...
    (work)

Sound...sure give me a shout on Friday and let me know.....anything to save me from the his and hers massage package!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

Any other rusty golfers interested in forming a casual group to play on Friday afternoons in the Cork area

Haven't played in a few years myself. Want to get back into it again this year
    and friday afternoons would work for me.

High handicapper !!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

SeanSouth wrote: »
    Any other rusty golfers interested in forming a casual group to play on Friday afternoons in the Cork area

High handicapper !!

I'd be interested in this. Casual society golfer looking to play abit more this year and improve my game.

Give me a reason to get out of work fri afternoons too !!

I'd be up for this too,high handicapper looking to get out more regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

SeanSouth wrote: »

High handicapper !!

Where in Cork you planning on playing, I finish work at 3.15 on a Friday(most Fridays) wouldn't mind something like this.

ssbob wrote: »
    Where in Cork you planning on playing, I finish work at 3.15 on a Friday(most Fridays) wouldn't mind something like this.

It wouldn't bother me where I play. I've played Mahon and Fota and enjoy both, even though Fota is obviously the superior track. Sorry if that sounds sacreligious to the more serious golfers out there.

We could set up a facebook page for all casual cork golfers where any of us can post to set up a game. If we even get 10 - 15 members then whoever wants a game whenever could put it out there and should get a game organised. Would this work ? Are you guys on FB?

Seansouth, I nominate you as Club Captain as this was started by you !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

It wouldn't bother me where I play. I've played Mahon and Fota and enjoy both, even though Fota is obviously the superior track. Sorry if that sounds sacreligious to the more serious golfers out there.

We could set up a facebook page for all casual cork golfers where any of us can post to set up a game. If we even get 10 - 15 members then whoever wants a game whenever could put it out there and should get a game organised. Would this work ? Are you guys on FB?

Seansouth, I nominate you as Club Captain as this was started by you !

Ya man sounds good, I am on facebook too, the only reason I asked about where your playing is because I work in Holyhill(beside apple) so if ye were planning on playing in Fota for instance then it would take me an hour on a Friday to get there.........

I too enjoy Mahon(high handicapper)

That facebook page sounds like a good idea,I don't really mind where I'd play just so long as I'd a bit of notice I could work around it...

Last chance for me...any one in Killarney for a game tomorrow or Tuesday.....Stalker thanks for the PM.not to worry about it!!

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    That facebook page sounds like a good idea,I don't really mind where I'd play just so long as I'd a bit of notice I could work around it...

Right guys. I've set up a group. (hope I did it correctly?) Everyone around Cork is more than welcome to join up and hopefully as I said earlier even if we get 10 - 15 members it should be easier to get out for a round when it suits you.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_112183272192236#!/home.php?sk=group_112183272192236

Advertisement