Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

There was an ad in paper today - e70 for breakfast and a round in Adare. Anyone interested in this maybe someday next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sssssiiiiimon

Anyone know if there are any opens on in Dublin area on 3/10/2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

acer911 wrote: »
    Anyone around dublin area this wednesday, thursday or friday for a round?

Wednesday morning south Dublin/Wicklow area somewhere suit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

staker wrote: »
    Wednesday morning south Dublin/Wicklow area somewhere suit?

i was looking around,seems to be a lot of club comps on Wednesday morn so getting a decent course could be tough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Anyone any interest in a game this Saturday (1st Oct) somewhere in midlands region ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Looking to take a week off work the week after next and looking at open days around. I see Portmarnock Links are holding Open Singles Stableford every Mon over the winter, this is good however the price is insane at €45 especially since their winter saver deals offer midweek green fees at €40. Has anyone played in these Mon Open competitions and any idea why they're so expensive?
    Will be avoiding Pormarnock Links at these prices so has anyone any recommendations of other open competitions within an hour's drive from Dublin, the GUI website seems somewhat out of date with advertised open days in Carton House non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Portmarnock are weird in that they stick a comp fee on top of the green fee to get a price for there opens. New forrest and Moyvalley have some open type comp on over the winter where u have to play them 6 times not really sure of all the details. Corballis will be starting there friday opens up in the next week or 2 and the european club have a open each week.
    Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Helahern

Portmarnock is a little unusual alright, most clubs just have flat fee for open days. The GUI website is quite good for keeping us up to date for the open days- lots of choices now. Played a good few courses in munster recently and with the new road now from Dublin it makes it a day trip. Tralee is great and got golf and full plated breakfast at Adare for E60. We must have a boards match between all the Provinces!!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Guys in strandhill for weekend, I have a two ball for early in the morning, luckily the better half doesn't play, so a free round for a boardie if available, any one interested can post or pm.

Anyone have any idea how much the open day in The European Club is, they seem to be running each Tues and Thurs for the month of November. For such an apparent high calibre course their website is exceedingly poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Anyone around dublin area this wednesday, thursday or friday for a round?
    I'd be on for a game Friday morning if you're still looking for someone to play

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭Deco1983

Anyone have any idea how much the open day in The European Club is, they seem to be running each Tues and Thurs for the month of November. For such an apparent high calibre course their website is exceedingly poor.

Spoke to them a few weeks back and it is €60 only....great price. Usually €180 I understand

Deco1983 wrote: »
    Spoke to them a few weeks back and it is €60 only....great price. Usually €180 I understand

Thanks, was just onto them also and confirmed at €60. They're running their open day every Tues, Wed & Thurs up until Christmas week. Full 18 holes in play with no mats or otherwise in use, just placing on fairways. Forgot to ask what tees the open days were played from.
    They also advised they're running a match play competition every weekday also for €60. You can arrange your own opposition or they can arrange a competitor for you and the winner progresses to the next round. All subsequent rounds also have a green fee of €60.
    Going to try playing their open day next week as have never played the course before but have heard great reviews.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

no posts here in a while. well winter is over & we should be out playing.

I'm heading to athlone in the morning around 9:30 to play a few holes. have to be finished up by 1:30 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

will be in dublin next monday and tuesday. would love to play a round in the dublin area,
    (i never played anywhere around dublin before) on one of these days. anybody have any recommendations or invites?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

fearruanua wrote: »
    will be in dublin next monday and tuesday. would love to play a round in the dublin area,
    (i never played anywhere around dublin before) on one of these days. anybody have any recommendations or invites?

North or south ?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

"north or south"

i'm easy. clubs in the boot. will travel!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Anyone up for a game in the morning. Anywhere in Galway area is what I am looking for. Around 9 am

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

HopingTo play 9 holes on thursday morning in castleknock if anyone interrsted, have to be finished by 11.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Anyone thinking of playing in the open singles in Fota on Sunday or Monday?
    €40 or €45 including lunch.

On Sunday it's on the Deerpark Course (Original 18)
    On Monday its on the Barryscourt 18. (The new 9 & the old front nine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 BMClaois

Anyone intrested in playing the singles on Monday in The Heritage €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Probably going to play the Singles Stableford in Faithlegg on Sunday, If anyone is interested in tagging along let me know.

Afternoon Preferably..

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

Right so every weekend we play either sat/sun morning we have about 10/12 members who turn up if available or people who are looking for a round from a diff club who ring up for time sheet we dont mind(We are trying to knock clicks out off golf) .We draw the cards to make 4 balls or 3 balls and the its a bit of a laugh. Its great to get to play with other people and make new friends. Its the Farnham estate golf club/ raddisson ask Bridie/seamus(on the phone) to put you or group on sheet and hey pronto game off golf/laugh for 4/5 hours!!! Evertone is welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

blockic wrote: »
    Probably going to play the Singles Stableford in Faithlegg on Sunday, If anyone is interested in tagging along let me know.

Afternoon Preferably..

Not this time but would love to play it sometime soon,let me know if you're out again in the near future...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,357 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Athlone Golf Club Lough Ree Festival of Golf coming up running from the 29th of July to the 6th of August.

Great opportunity to play an amazing golf course for a very reasonable fee

Especially with the boards society on there on saturday, its definitely a great opportunity to get out there and practice before the big event! :D

Athlone Golf Club Lough Ree Festival of Golf coming up running from the 29th of July to the 6th of August.

Great opportunity to play an amazing golf course for a very reasonable fee

Especially with the boards society on there on saturday, its definitely a great opportunity to get out there and practice before the big event! :D

hope to play a good few rounds during this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

charlieIRL wrote: »
    hope to play a good few rounds during this.

As if you didnt have enough local knowledge already, you're as bad as pistolpetes now going out the night before the outing! ;)

The W is in the bag for you so next saturday!:D No pressure!

blockic wrote: »
    As if you didnt have enough local knowledge already, you're as bad as pistolpetes now going out the night before the outing! ;)

The W is in the bag for you so next saturday!:D No pressure!

if you seen me play lately you will agree that i need the practice!!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

hey guys,

In Cork tomorrow and looking to play an open near Cork after work
    (need to get last w/e out of my system)

Anyway Bandon booked solid but Macroom is available.

There the only ones I can see anyways

Anyone interested let me know

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

Hoping to play athlone next Wednesday around 12 if anyone is interested.open week.singles Stableford.

Advertisement