Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭blue note

Is mullingar gc worth playing? I see they have an open on Saturday. Portlaoise do also - would they be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

blue note wrote: »
    Is mullingar gc worth playing? I see they have an open on Saturday. Portlaoise do also - would they be better?

Mullingar is a lovely track and should be in good condition with the scratch cup on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

You sure its on Sat ? I see Fri and Sun but not Sat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭blue note

When searching for the 18th on the GUI website it showed a couple of 19th as well. Pity! Abbeyleix and portlaoise are the two near me so. I'm coming from tullamore. Which of these would be better? Both seem very short. I wouldn't mind a non comp, but on a Saturday morning it would be dumb to go out on my own.

When searching for the 18th on the GUI website it showed a couple of 19th as well. Pity! Abbeyleix and portlaoise are the two near me so. I'm coming from tullamore. Which of these would be better? Both seem very short. I wouldn't mind a non comp, but on a Saturday morning it would be dumb to go out on my own.

I'm looking for a game in the midlands area (coming from Longford) if you want to join me ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Anyone interested in playing Castlemartyr around 2.30pm/3pm today? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Anyone interested in a friendly/open around Kenmare 6-11th of September?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Reganovski wrote: »
    Anyone interested in playing Castlemartyr around 2.30pm/3pm today? :)
    Reganovski -PM me when you are heading out for a game sometime & we might be able to tie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Hi,

I'm off Monday and thinking of playing an open competition somewhere if anyone fancies it.

Was thinking maybe The Heritage or Naas around 10.00. Let me know if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 midsker

Hi all,

High handicapper (newish to the game - and area!) looking for a few informal and causal games around the Tullamore area if anyone is interested?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Looking for a lift to and from Ballykisteen tomorrow from Cork City. Free round of golf offered and possible meal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 timmo2000

open 3 man team event scramble in the castle in waterford on the 29th of October which is the bank holiday need one more person if any one is intrested pm me have the tee time booked for 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Anyone interested in playing Tulfarris on Thursday around 10 or 11ish for €10?

Anyone interested in playing BallyKisteen Friday / or Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

recycled wrote: »
    Anyone interested in playing BallyKisteen Friday / or Saturday

I'll probably be playing it either Saturday or Sunday (not sure which one yet). I'm a member there. Let me know what your plans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Fellas, I'm looking to tackle this ever-growing handicap of mine over winter... but I need counting comps to do it!

Can anyone recommend courses in & around Dublin that usually don't have winter rules too much over the next few weeks & months?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Fellas, I'm looking to tackle this ever-growing handicap of mine over winter... but I need counting comps to do it!

Can anyone recommend courses in & around Dublin that usually don't have winter rules too much over the next few weeks & months?

Thanks
    Druids Heath!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

MiniGolf wrote: »
    Druids Heath!

Thanks MG, just wondering if Druids Heath has a weekly open or semi-open? Thanks...

Also, I see Millicent in Clane has an Open every Wednesday. I seem to remember them advertising themselves as 'the driest course in Leinster'... so I wonder if they keep summer rules going a little longer than most... anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Thanks MG, just wondering if Druids Heath has a weekly open or semi-open? Thanks...

Also, I see Millicent in Clane has an Open every Wednesday. I seem to remember them advertising themselves as 'the driest course in Leinster'... so I wonder if they keep summer rules going a little longer than most... anyone know?
    Open this Monday, Senior Open on Tuesday, 3 Person Team on Wednesday, Fourball next Sunday... If you get two others I will book a line (Members & Guests). Mind you I couldn't hit snow off a rope today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 timmo2000

if anyone around the waterford area is looking for a free game in the castle tomo morning at 9 am for a 3 person team scramble please pm me short one person to play

• Advertisement

Hey all,

Off for most of November watching the kids and looking to get out for a game during the week in the Limerick area (after dropping them to grandparents hopefully)

Anyone up for it let me know

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Is there an open day in Lucan GC on Tues 13th Nov? According to the GUI website there's an 18 hole open singles for €12 but no mention of it on the Lucan GC website and the tee booking section shows no open competitions available.
    In general do the open competitions get much of a turnout in Lucan during the winter, as in any hassle in getting out with someone to mark a card? Never played the course before and €12 is a very reasonable means to spending a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

Due to my buddy dropping out, I am looking for someone to play the Heritage tomorrow morning (Friday 8th). It's a 2 ball better ball competition.

Any takers?

Did I mention? It's FREE!

PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Is there an open day in Lucan GC on Tues 13th Nov? According to the GUI website there's an 18 hole open singles for €12 but no mention of it on the Lucan GC website and the tee booking section shows no open competitions available.
    In general do the open competitions get much of a turnout in Lucan during the winter, as in any hassle in getting out with someone to mark a card? Never played the course before and €12 is a very reasonable means to spending a day off.

There is a comp and times available from what I can see Dr. C, thanks to members timesheet access. Usually a decent turnout at the Tuesdays, we've held opens on that day for about 2 years now. You shouldn't have a problem getting a partner, let me know what time you want to play and I'll try and recommend a time with a relaible member.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Anyone interested in playing Open Singles in Fota this coming Friday morning?
    Unlikely to be a qualifier but for €35, it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Reganovski wrote: »
    Anyone interested in playing Open Singles in Fota this coming Friday morning?
    Unlikely to be a qualifier but for €35, it's well worth it.

Great deal wish I could mate, some time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Its a pity they never have an open day at the weekend. Was at the academy on saturday and the pro shop and course was packed with society golfers, which is great to see.

Up in longford at in laws for weekend and hoping to get out sat. Anyone interested in a game in general vacinity I.e. within hours drive give me a shout.

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Up in longford at in laws for weekend and hoping to get out sat. Anyone interested in a game in general vacinity I.e. within hours drive give me a shout.

Thanks

typical, the weekend your up i'm heading to dublin to play!!

• Advertisement

Ya was thinking the same thing when I saw the lisheen trip !!

Out of interest what is the course with the best drainage in vicinity with the rain we're having ?

Advertisement