Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,357 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

slave1 wrote: »
    Off today if anyone fancies a game in the midlands...

I might try and get the afternoon off - tullamore have an open day. Will let you know how I am fixed in a bit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sound, need to pop into town for a while then I'll check back here...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

must resist, must resist - boss is away out of the country all week!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    must resist, must resist - boss is away out of the country all week!!

Do it, the three of us are Athlone....

Do it, the three of us are Athlone....

Yep - I'm taking the afternoon off. Will be finished by 1 or 2, so can play anytime from 2 or 3 onwards if we can get on the timesheet.

Come on charlie!

• Advertisement

3.30 is the first available slot at the minute, I'll PM you Ricky to sort out as you need to provide name/handicap when booking

3.30 booked for Rickylovesuall and myself, two slots available if anyone so inclined to join us...

Gonna be an amazing day! You'd be crazy to miss out :D

I don't have my clubs with me............. and i'm in tullamore as well !! :(:(

I don't mind picking them up if that's possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'll join you in Tullamore if you don't mind?

Sure, booked for 3.30 so either log on and see it there another slot available or meet you there for tee off, We're planning on 3.10 arrival. Off to put on some block now and grub up!

I don't mind picking them up if that's possible?

thanks a million for the offer but will have to pass today (GRRRRRRRRRR!!!)

Enjoy it, its a fantastic course.

Just back, record 51minutes to play the first two holes :eek:
    Was alright after that. Course in fine nick, open day in Tullamore is off the blues too.

Just back, record 51minutes to play the first two holes :eek:
    Was alright after that. Course in fine nick, open day in Tullamore is off the blues too.

51 minutes to play the first two was mental! 4 group queue on the 2nd tee, lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pretty mental how long it took to play the first two. My advice is to check out if there is a society playing near your tee time.

I thoroughly enjoyed the company for the round though with Rickylovesuall and slave1. Thanks again guys for all.

I played brutal btw.:D

am mad...........with jealousy!!!!:(

am mad...........with jealousy!!!!:(

Next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Anyone interested in a four person scramble in Craddockstown on Friday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Pardon the stupid question but do you need a GUI handicap to play in an Open Event & if so, can you sign up just to play the course but not form part of the competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Pardon the stupid question but do you need a GUI handicap to play in an Open Event & if so, can you sign up just to play the course but not form part of the competition?

Most courses will let you play however problems arise if you have to sign someone else's card who has put their name on the timesheet for the comp, you would be unable to do so without an official GUI handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

Agree ssbob, some pro's would let it go, but You'd need 2 or more in your game to take care of each others score card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

51 minutes to play the first two was mental! 4 group queue on the 2nd tee, lol :)

Oh I seen the large back log, we were on the 14th and I pointed it out to the playing partners, I think I counted 6 or 7 groups from the 1st tee box to the 3rd tee box, a lot of the time people tee off on the 1st before the group ahead reach the green, with a par 3 second that always causes a back log, it doesn't happen too often thankfully. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread, I would have been on for joining ye. Maybe next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Anyone on here from Dungarvan? I'll be down there mid August and I'll be heading out for a few rounds in the area.

I intend to play West Waterford and Dungarvan (played both of these several times), maybe Clonmel or maybe Carrick on Suir neither of which I've played before.

Am definitely not going back to Gold Coast GC as we got treated really badly there last summer. Paid full whack green fees for me and my young teenage son only to find guys out practicing with buckets of balls on several greens which were like minefields with unrepaired pitch marks from being bombarded. Then to make matters worse for the last 6 holes we had people cutting in all over the place and then showering us with balls from behind as they were rushing around in an evening BBQ event.

I went and complained at the time and got told there was nothing they were prepared to do about either problem.

Anyone interested in playing in a classic in Athlone on either the 26th or 27th of this month?

If its the 26th you must hang around for pints after.........cause its my birthday!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Anyone interested in playing in a classic in Athlone on either the 26th or 27th of this month?

If its the 26th you must hang around for pints after.........cause its my birthday!!:D

The big 50:D

ssbob wrote: »
    The big 50:D

christ i couldn't bring in 50 points in a classic, someone would think i was a bandit or something!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Late notice I know but does anyone fancy corballis in the morning around 830 for there weekly open singles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Open day today in Tullamore. Anyone want to play? Spaces available between 2 and 5?

• Advertisement

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Open day today in Tullamore. Anyone want to play? Spaces available between 2 and 5?

Wish I could have - big project due for wednesday.

next monday out for me aswell with exams all next week

Maybe monday 2 weeks ? ;)

Advertisement