Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Quahog217

Anyone interested in a game in castlemartyr or Tipperary tomorrow? Thinking of playing one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Quahog217 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a game in castlemartyr or Tipperary tomorrow? Thinking of playing one of these.

Am a member in Tipp. Should be able to play tomorrow anytime after 2.
    Give me a pm if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Quahog217

kiers47 wrote: »
    Am a member in Tipp. Should be able to play tomorrow anytime after 2.
    Give me a pm if your interested.

Sorry man, just got a call have to work tomorrow. :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Anyone up for playing in a Classic in Castlebarna on saturday at 11:30am? Have 2 free spots, lunch included.

Boss has entered a team and gave it to me!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭esker man

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Anyone up for playing in a Classic in Castlebarna on saturday at 11:30am? Have 2 free spots, lunch included.

Lucky you, would love to, but playing Classic in Esker that morning too.

Pity, I like Castlebarna, lovely greens

• Advertisement

esker man wrote: »
    Lucky you, would love to, but playing Classic in Esker that morning too.

Pity, I like Castlebarna, lovely greens

I was supposed to play esker hills & athlone too. Pity they didn't check first and not have them all on the same weekend as I would have played in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I like Castle Barna too but cannot apply to avail of your generous offer as I'm off to a christening on Sunday for the whole day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Fair Play Charlie, would love to but I'm out of brownie points, garden looms this weekend:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

A very kind offer. I would be interested in playing if there is still a spot.
    Whats the format for a Team Classic? Just curious as I've only started back play golf this year. Live in Ballivor so not too far to travel. Never played Castlebarna before so it would be a new challange

Regards

Mark

I like Castle Barna too but cannot apply to avail of your generous offer as I'm off to a christening on Sunday for the whole day.

its saturday Andy, does that suit?

• Advertisement

Macker1 wrote: »
    A very kind offer. I would be interested in playing if there is still a spot.
    Whats the format for a Team Classic? Just curious as I've only started back play golf this year. Live in Ballivor so not too far to travel. Never played Castlebarna before so it would be a new challange

Regards

Mark

nice one, 2 to score on 1 to 17 and all 4 on 18.

I have played the front 9 about 4 years ago and then a few holes on the back 9 the following year so this will be my first time playing the full 18 in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I'd be keen Charlie. Problem is that I've no car at the moment. Live in D3, but could easily get train to Blanch/dunboyne if anyone is heading that way......If someone was coming from city centre.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

its saturday Andy, does that suit?

No Charlie, thanks again but I had meant to put that I'm playing Moate on Saturday now as I'm away Sunday.

I have played the front 9 about 4 years ago and then a few holes on the back 9 the following year so this will be my first time playing the full 18 in one go

Thanks Charlie for such a kind offer. I'm looking forward to having some fun.

Any particular arrangements or just turn up at the course on Saturday.

Regards

Mark

I'd be keen Charlie. Problem is that I've no car at the moment. Live in D3, but could easily get train to Blanch/dunboyne if anyone is heading that way......If someone was coming from city centre.....

The course is in daingean co offaly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Hope you all enjoy yourselves! It my home course. It's in great nick at the moment.

Some tips for you:

If you are wayward with the driver consider leaving it at home! Most holes are full of trees and plenty of water hazards around.

1: straight par 4, not one of the tougher holes, better right than left off the tee, once you avoid the trees near the 150m marker.
    2: short par 4. No need for driver, long iron to right side of fairway will leave roughly 100m to elevated green, lake on right, big tree on left
    3: Long par 3, toughest on course. Decent carry needed over lake. Again better right than left if off line
    4: very short par 4, dogleg left to right. Reachable with driver if you can slice it. No need, mid-iron down middle leaves wedge to green
    5: Par 3, avoid left side
    6: Par 5, hidden drain about 350m down. Unless you're a big hitter don't go for green in 2
    7: Another par 5, very short but sharp dogleg left to right. Stay well left if you want to go for green in 2. Not worth risk for most players, just hit 2nd shot short iron down to gap.
    8: Index 1 par 4. Big hitters can clear line of high trees on right which leaves easy-ish 2nd. Stay left for longer but safer second shot. Out of bounds on right, lake on left.
    9: Short par 3 which you drive past coming into course. Only 105m but trouble everywhere.
    10: short par 5, index 18. can go for it in 2 but high trees to clear
    11: par 3, bunker in front of green is deceptive, actually about 10 yards gap between them.
    12: par 4. Out of bounds on left, lake in front of green. Good drive makes hole easy but if not then tricky 2nd over lake.
    13: short par 4. Long drivers can go left over trees, otherwise middle of fairway or right side makes easier 2nd. Green slopes severely downhill from front to back so tricky to hold.
    14: par 4, stay on right side of fairway, tall tree near green guarding left side, undulating green hard to read.
    15: tough par 4, stay left, bunker on left near 150m, loads of trees on right, avoid!
    16: long straight par 5, out of bounds on left, elevated green, tough hole if windy.
    17: lake on right, not in play for most at this time of year. Left side better as tall tree guarding right side of green
    18: best hole on course. seriously tough par 4. Keep drives to left side, if you clear top of hill you get good run, if not then really long second (out of range for most). Green slopes severely from right to left. A 5 is a good score any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Hi Charlie, will play if you're stuck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,357 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thanks Charlie for such a kind offer. I'm looking forward to having some fun.

Any particular arrangements or just turn up at the course on Saturday.

Regards

Mark

its my spot you are filling so you better play well ;)

Only kidding. You're playing with charlie and he's definitely one of the best players I have ever played with so you are in for a royal treat!

Enjoy your game :)

Only kidding. You're playing with charlie and he's definitely one of the best players I have ever played with so you are in for a royal treat!

Really looking forward to it. I started back playing this year in earnest after joining Grange Castle and have cut 4 shots off my handicap so I'm down to 16. Its good to play with different players as you can glean some tips when looking at aspects of their game. Funny saying it after our spell of weather but hopefully the rain will stay away on Saturday.

I think you are mixing me up with someone else dude!!!!:D

cheers mafc, i'll let you know in a few minutes as i have text a few lads here so better wait till they reply. all no's so far though.

@macker, i'll meet ya there saturday morning, i'll pm ya my number so give us a shout when you get there.

Hope the weather holds up, from 30 degrees last saturday to possible rain this saturday - what a country!!

• Advertisement

I think you are mixing me up with someone else dude!!!!:D

cheers mafc, i'll let you know in a few minutes as i have text a few lads here so better wait till they reply. all no's so far though.

@macker, i'll meet ya there saturday morning, i'll pm ya my number so give us a shout when you get there.

Hope the weather holds up, from 30 degrees last saturday to possible rain this saturday - what a country!!

No bother Charlie .... only if you're stuck, playing Friday & Sunday so not short of golf:D

mafc wrote: »
    No bother Charlie .... only if you're stuck, playing Friday & Sunday so not short of golf:D

thanks, only waiting on one more to reply so it looks like you'll be playing a lot of golf this weekend!!

The course is in daingean co offaly!!!

Hi Charlie, I do know that! If someone was coming from the city, obviously I could bag a lift!

the one time my wife has the car :rolleyes: (but also the kids :D)

Hi Charlie, I do know that! If someone was coming from the city, obviously I could bag a lift!

the one time my wife has the car :rolleyes: (but also the kids :D)

sorry, but when you said train to dunboyne i thought your were heading in the wrong direction!! Tullamore is only 10mins from daingean.

Unfortunately I'm coming from Athlone so opposite to you.

sorry, but when you said train to dunboyne i thought your were heading in the wrong direction!! Tullamore is only 10mins from daingean.

Unfortunately I'm coming from Athlone so opposite to you.

no worries, yes you are right, I was just thinking the M3 corridor instead of the M4. Enjoy the day, maybe another time!

no worries, yes you are right, I was just thinking the M3 corridor instead of the M4. Enjoy the day, maybe another time!

no problem, thanks for the offer. Maybe see you at one of the society events in the future.

Hi charlie, sent you a pm there... see you tomorrow... Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Anyone playing in open in Grange castle tomorrow? I'm finished work at 3pm so can play anytime after that.
    Thanks

mafc wrote: »
    Hi charlie, sent you a pm there... see you tomorrow... Thanks :D
    Really looking forward to it. I started back playing this year in earnest after joining Grange Castle and have cut 4 shots off my handicap so I'm down to 16. Its good to play with different players as you can glean some tips when looking at aspects of their game. Funny saying it after our spell of weather but hopefully the rain will stay away on Saturday.

thanks a million for playing on saturday lads, very enjoyable round.

Some comic scores won it in the end - 105 & 2 x 101's!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Hey guys,

Dundrum open week is starting soon.

Anyone interested in playing a 3 ball scramble (champagne) at 17:20 on that day (9th aug).

Send me a pm if interested

thanks

http://www.dundrumhousehotel.com/media/gnh/DUN-1254/docs/open-week-2013.pdf

Advertisement