Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Not trying to be smart Dr. Rieux but it really would be more beneficial going to the driving range on your own. Any time I have gone with friends, I just end up hitting balls and not thinking. When you are by yourself, you can think and spend time working on aspects of your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Not trying to be smart Dr. Rieux but it really would be more beneficial going to the driving range on your own. Any time I have gone with friends, I just end up hitting balls and not thinking. When you are by yourself, you can think and spend time working on aspects of your game.

I know what you mean SnowDrifts, but as a beginner I'm nervous enough going for fear of making a balls of things. So looking to maybe meet someone who perhaps wouldn't mind being in a bay near someone like that who wouldn't be judgemental.

At the moment I haven't got a game to have aspects of my game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I know what you mean SnowDrifts, but as a beginner I'm nervous enough going for fear of making a balls of things. So looking to maybe meet someone who perhaps wouldn't mind being in a bay near someone like that who wouldn't be judgemental.

Yeah get what your saying. Witnessed a friend somehow hitting the range roof causing the ball to ricochet and hit a man in another bay so it would take some doing for you to beat that. :D

Anyway good luck with the practice - if you're not already addicted, you will be soon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,184 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dr.Rieux wrote: »

No real golfer will be judgemental Dr. Just get the finger out and get up there :)

Seriously, there's only one annoying thing you can encounter at the range and that's some eejit hitting perfect shots ;)

You won't be the first nor the last person to make a balls up at the range.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Yeah get what your saying. Witnessed a friend somehow hitting the range roof causing the ball to ricochet and hit a man in another bay so it would take some doing for you to beat that. :D

Anyway good luck with the practice - if you're not already addicted, you will be soon :pac:

I'm going to head up anyway so will report back if I manage to beat that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

There's a pro called Philip Sweeney who is running group lessons on a Wednesday evening in Mount Temple Driving range which might be of interest to you. He's only started there in recent weeks but has been giving lessons in Glasson and Roscommon.

Haven't had a lesson from him but was in the range last night and saw posters about the lessons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

searay wrote: »
    There's a pro called Philip Sweeney who is running group lessons on a Wednesday evening in Mount Temple Driving range which might be of interest to you. He's only started there in recent weeks but has been giving lessons in Glasson and Roscommon.

Haven't had a lesson from him but was in the range last night and saw posters about the lessons.

where was that? The range in mount temple?
    As far as i know Mel Flanagan has moved and is giving lessons at the Athlone range now, met him in Pro Golf there 2 weeks ago.

Sweeneys are in the driving range at Mount Temple Golf Club. All of Mel & Mel senior's posters are gone and seem to have been replaced by Philip Sweeney. I hadn't heard they'd gone to the Athlone range.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

searay wrote: »
    Sweeneys are in the driving range at Mount Temple Golf Club. All of Mel & Mel senior's posters are gone and seem to have been replaced by Philip Sweeney. I hadn't heard they'd gone to the Athlone range.

must have moved so. It was Niall in Pro Golf that introduced me to Mel Flanagan the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

Anyone around Clare /limerick for game today at some stage just got day off work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

inthehole1 wrote: »
    Anyone around Clare /limerick for game today at some stage just got day off work

Lucky man....lovely day out there

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Lucky man....lovely day out there

yeah only prob is trying to get someone thats off the same time to play with

inthehole1 wrote: »
    yeah only prob is trying to get someone thats off the same time to play with

True. I'd be there in a heart beat if I had a choice in the matter :(

Anyone any interest in a Saturday morning/afternoon game in touching distance of midlands ?

Based in Longford so can go as far as Esker, New Forest, Moyvalley etc
    All around Athlone an option
    Mullingar etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Anyone any interest in a Saturday morning/afternoon game in touching distance of midlands ?

Mullingar etc

Can't make it on Saturday but you are more than welcome to join me sometime at Castlebarna in Daingean. I have loads of green fee vouchers I never use so it wouldn't even cost you a penny!

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Can't make it on Saturday but you are more than welcome to join me sometime at Castlebarna in Daingean. I have loads of green fee vouchers I never use so it wouldn't even cost you a penny!

Mighty kind. Is a trip to inlaws so not around that much but hopefully will take you up on that some time

Mullingar etc

Slight change of plan. Sunday morning in same area might suit now.
    Anyone....anyone...Bueller....anyone

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 21,184 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone fancy Corballis next Saturday morning, I've a slot booked for 8:28 so we should be one of the first groups out.

Need a link fix this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Anyone around Galway for a bit of swinging Wed or Thurs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

Wombatman wrote: »
    Anyone around Galway for a bit of swinging Wed or Thurs?

Is this in the correct thread ??? :P:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Anyone interested in a game in Waterford City or surrounds on Saturday before 12pm?

Anyone interested in a game at some public course in Dublin on Sunday morning? I've only played one hole on a course before so if anyone is interested and patient (:pac:) give me a shout

Anyone interested in a game in Castlemartyr just after midday this Thurs ? PM me if you are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Anyone interested in a game in Castlemartyr just after midday this Thurs ? PM me if you are

Can't do Thursday but am looking at playing on Tuesday next (Dec 10th ) if anyone is interested (has to be Castlemartyr).

Can't do Thursday but am looking at playing on Tuesday next (Dec 10th ) if anyone is interested (has to be Castlemartyr).

Would love to but won't be in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Have my name down at 1130 for kilcock tomorrow if anyone is up for it. Looks like a lovely day. Cold but lovely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Wednesday morning around Galway if anyone is interested. Weather doesn't look too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

CharlieIRL has posted over in the Christmas thread, we have a space for one in a three ball scramble at the kclub tomorrow,30e if anyone can drag themselves away from the turkey and ham

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in a game in the Dublin area on Saturday?

Advertisement