Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Yep i would be interested! weather permitting :) have you checked if theres any opens on?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I was hoping to play somewhere over the weekend but after looking at the weather forecast I think I'll stick to the range!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

dar_cool wrote: »
    Yep i would be interested! weather permitting :) have you checked if theres any opens on?

I haven't a handicap so not sure if I need one to play opens. I haven't looked yet, only found out that herself is in class all day Saturday. Is the weather to be that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a game in the Dublin area on Saturday?

I would also..Been given a green light to go out so would be good to join a few guys playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,184 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm on Daddy Day Care duty till Friday night, to say I'd be on for a game Saturday is an understatement.
    Might be singing the theme tune to Peppa Pig for 18 holes though.

hahah, Naas have an open on saturday? Lovely course that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

3 man betterball team event in Portumna this Saturday. Escape plan swinging into action. Any takers for an early slot ?

Peppa pig free zone....but may be caught humming theme tune to fireman sam :D

hahah, Naas have an open on saturday? Lovely course that is

I'd be on for that Dar

There's a free slot at 1020 for a four ball. Dr.Rieux Id say you could just turn up and play for 20 anyway if you wanted. Just say you forgot your card or something. I did it a few times before I joined a club last year

• Advertisement

There's a free slot at 1020 for a four ball. Dr.Rieux Id say you could just turn up and play for 20 anyway if you wanted. Just say you forgot your card or something. I did it a few times before I joined a club last year

I'm in anyway Darren.
    There shouldn't be any issue Dr. R, I've know of lads the play the odd open without cards.

Any interest Ripped or Charlie?

I'd be very interested in playing so

I'll see can I get a babysitter lads, herself works saturdays

Have ye booked? 3 of the 4 at 1020 are taken. Need to put in club and handicap to book also.

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Have ye booked? 3 of the 4 at 1020 are taken. Need to put in club and handicap to book also.

I'm on the phone till tonight so can't book. Don't know if that was Darren that booked it. Will check later on

Nope wasn't me. Plenty of other slots available. 10:50 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

alxmorgan wrote: »
    3 man betterball team event in Portumna this Saturday. Escape plan swinging into action. Any takers for an early slot ?

wish i could .love portumna but the way my game is at the moment i couldnt
    take to a course,the range it is for me for another while

I couldn't get out to Galway on Sat morning, she would freak out.. Sorry.

Anything around the Dublin area?

Rippeditup wrote: »
    I couldn't get out to Galway on Sat morning, she would freak out.. Sorry.

Anything around the Dublin area?

2 conversations going on Ripped, never mind those Galway lads, do you want to play Naas at 10:50 Sat?

Am gonna book a slot now, think we'll have a 4 ball no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

PARlance wrote: »
    2 conversations going on Ripped, never mind those Galway lads, do you want to play Naas at 10:50 Sat?

Am gonna book a slot now, think we'll have a 4 ball no hassle

Lads. Ye look sorted. But ler us know if you need a player.

• Advertisement

Lads. Ye look sorted. But ler us know if you need a player.

I've book the 10:50 slot for a 4 ball.
    At the moment it looks like 4 of us, 3 of us (Myself, Dar, Dr. R) are fairly certain and maybe Charlie or Rippeditup... If the two lads are on for it, we could switch to 2 * 3 balls, or even get another couple to make it 2 * 4 balls.
    I'd say we could easily get 6 together Fix.

Quick Q lads. I've never booked an open on BRS before, I just added random details for Player 2,3 & 4 name and HC... do I need to call the club in advance with your details or will it be alright when we turn up?

Id say maybe give them a call with the correct details just to be sure, we could ring up individually aswell if you wanted? Also Id say with the weather forecast being good(Cold but sunny) id say we could easily get another few!
    Cheers PARlance

Maybe we start a new thread as people might not look in this one?

Id say maybe give them a call with the correct details just to be sure, we could ring up individually aswell if you wanted? Also Id say with the weather forecast being good(Cold but sunny) id say we could easily get another few!
    Cheers PARlance

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Naas/long.html

am9ydt.jpg

That's a great site for any golfer, surprising how accurate it is.

I'll give the club a buzz tomorrow so, anyone that wants a spot pm me your real name and HC...

Dr. R, will I'll let them know the situation rather than having an issue on the morning? (Almost certain there won't be an issue but best not to find out Sat morn)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Maybe we start a new thread as people might not look in this one?

Would it be an idea to start a new one each year??
    Just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

alxmorgan wrote: »

There are two of us who would be up for a game alx if you are still interested. How early would you be talking as there is a bit of travel for us. 9:30ish about as early as we could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

millerj wrote: »
    There are two of us who would be up for a game alx if you are still interested. How early would you be talking as there is a bit of travel for us. 9:30ish about as early as we could do.

Sounds good to me. Need to pass it by the gatekeeper. Will I book provisionally for 9:30 so ?

I still cant say yet lads so fire ahead. Will try get a game in here if I get out

Hey, I can't I am afraid.. The mention of Naas and I won't be home until 3/4 went down like a lead balloon and it is her Bday on Sunday so I am owned...

I will be up for future games, Sorry to have to bail out.

• Advertisement

No worries lads, 4 us playing so at 10:50.
    Myself, Dar, Dr. R & Fdp

Advertisement