Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anyone fancy beaverstown open in the morning ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy beaverstown open in the morning ??

Enjoy your game ryaner

Brrrrrrrr

Have to say beaverstown yesterday was stunning.

It's only €10 for 14 hole open comp but the condition of the course was excellent. Highly recommend it for anyone looking for a game on a monday.

Weather stayed very good for us and we flew around the course.

Anyone playing the open in corballis this friday. Weather looks good on yr.no

No rain and a slight breeze, easy handicap cut ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Have to say beaverstown yesterday was stunning.

It's only €10 for 14 hole open comp but the condition of the course was excellent. Highly recommend it for anyone looking for a game on a monday.

Weather stayed very good for us and we flew around the course.

Anyone playing the open in corballis this friday. Weather looks good on yr.no

What time are you thinking Ryaner?

I'm free all day, so what ever suits you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

I'm free all day, so what ever suits you ?

Do you want book for round 10 ish if that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

14149-Xboxar.com.jpg

scubapro wrote: »
    Do you want book for round 10 ish if that suits.

Sorry scubapro but I'll have to cancel friday, I didn't think work would be an issue but no chance of getting it off now.

I've a few fridays off soon so I'm sure I'll see ye out there in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

anyone around cork tomorrow and wanna play a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mikepajero182

Anyone fancy lough erne on sunday? 30 pounds. Was thinking sometime around 12.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 glynser100

Anybody playing druids heath this weekend???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

shaunac93 wrote: »
    anyone around cork tomorrow and wanna play a game?

Am going out in Mitchelstown in the afternoon, welcome to join if it suits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Friday looks good, anyone heading out anywhere?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

slave1 wrote: »
    Friday looks good, anyone heading out anywhere?

ahh balls, only seen this now, I was supposed to be off today but my plans fell through so i came to work to save the day's holiday for another time. :(:(

I have my clubs in the car though!!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    ahh balls, only seen this now, I was supposed to be off today but my plans fell through so i came to work to save the day's holiday for another time. :(:(

I have my clubs in the car though!!!

Ha ha, it will happen don't worry, as it turned out I went out yesterday and my trolley gave us the ghost so off to Golf Style in Galway in a few minutes to get it looked at, bitter wind out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Interest anyone in an open on Mon march 16 th ?.
    I'll be travelling from Limerick direction so heritage and portumna are two I've spotted that are options

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Anyone fancy tackling the Palmer Ryder cup course on Wednesday morning in a 3 man scramble at 9am?

Superb track to try such a format, €70 but could be a superb morning.

€70 in March :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Got in the attached from a lad here in work today.

Open in Moyvalley this weekend, €25 (which includes €10 for the bar/restaurant). Draw for all entrants for 1 year free membership of the course.

From what I can gather its also a bit of a drive to pull in new members, so people without GUI cards can play on the weekend (though wouldn't be eligible for the prizes in the actual GUI open competition itself)

Good price for a weekend round on a nice course, with a potentially very nice prize for one lucky punter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

morrga wrote: »
    Anyone fancy tackling the Palmer Ryder cup course on Wednesday morning in a 3 man scramble at 9am?

Superb track to try such a format, €70 but could be a superb morning.

Is that €70 per person, or for the 3 ball?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Is that €70 per person, or for the 3 ball?

Per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Anyone fancy an Open next Monday the 16th. Dublin area. Thinking Donabate or Coorstown.

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Interest anyone in an open on Mon march 16 th ?.
    I'll be travelling from Limerick direction so heritage and portumna are two I've spotted that are options

Another shout for this.....weather looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Evening golf in Cork-

I will be in Cork from Monday 23rd until Friday 27th March for work. I will be finishing work around 4 to 4.30pm each day. Probably staying in Maryborough in Douglas.

I noticed that it is very close to Douglas Golf Club. A quick look through their website gives me the impression that it may be a bit old fashioned and elitist but maybe I'm wrong. No mention of green fees anywhere on the site and can't use BRS to book a tee time....

So, just looking for options. Anyone in the Cork area interested in playing 9 holes after work any of the evenings. Failing that, can anyone recommend a driving range in the area around Douglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I'm in cork and free to play on the Tuesday and Wednesday. Not sure about greenfees for Douglas but I'd say u are not far wrong. Rang last week looking for student/distance membership for the year and it was like 500 plus 3500 enterance fee or something similar!! Frankfield have a decent range all automatic.
    Havnt played any of the city courses but closest to Douglas would be mahon and think they do a nine hole rate for around €14.
    Outside of that you have courses like blarney, cobh, muskerry etc. But they are 20-30 min drive from Douglas which makes a quick evening 9 holes difficult.

Pity it's not a week later and you would have gotten an extra hour !!

I reckon Mahon is your best bet alright.
    I might be around and able to do 9 from 5 on the Wednesday.

Truth be told its always 11 in Mahon as the 9th is way away from clubhouse. Playing 10 and 11 bring you right back in.

shaunac93 wrote: »
    I'm in cork and free to play on the Tuesday and Wednesday. Not sure about greenfees for Douglas but I'd say u are not far wrong. Rang last week looking for student/distance membership for the year and it was like 500 plus 3500 enterance fee or something similar!! Frankfield have a decent range all automatic.
    Havnt played any of the city courses but closest to Douglas would be mahon and think they do a nine hole rate for around €14.
    Outside of that you have courses like blarney, cobh, muskerry etc. But they are 20-30 min drive from Douglas which makes a quick evening 9 holes difficult.

Thanks for that, so Mahon may be the one for me so. I'll PM you closer to the time when we'll have a better idea of availability and the weather....

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Pity it's not a week later and you would have gotten an extra hour !!

I reckon Mahon is your best bet alright.
    I might be around and able to do 9 from 5 on the Wednesday.

Truth be told its always 11 in Mahon as the 9th is way away from clubhouse. Playing 10 and 11 bring you right back in.

Good stuff. Raging about the timing as well, I thought the clocks went forward the weekend before. Sounds like Wednesday could be the one (and it's my birthday too!) Happy birthday to me, no better place to be on the day :)

Hoping to be available Wednesday for a round somewhere, midlands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Going to play the Open in Donabate tomorrow if anyone is interested. Off work so can tee off at any time

Advertisement