Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

kiers47 wrote: »
    Have you tried calling them? Or maybe an email?

Cant get a response at all from them

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

So my hcap has lapsed since last year and I've just joined st Margaret's, any gui members available to play a few rounds in St Margaret's so I can submit my 3 cards?
    I'll sort out the green fees.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

Hi all,

hope its ok if I post this info from my Club.... we'd love to see some boardies over the week.

Heres the booking link.

http://www.brsgolf.com/ashbourne/opens_home.php

Open Week
    This years Open Week will take place from Wednesday 10th to Sunday 14th June.
    Entry fees for each of our Open Week Competitions are, Members €8, Members Guests €14, Visitors €20.
    The following Competitions are being held during Open Week,
    Wednesday 10th June. Men’s Open Fourball. Tee times from 8.00-17.30
    Timesheet opens for Members and visitors booking at 9am on Wednesday 27th May
    Thursday 11th June. Ladies Open 3 Lady Team. Tee times from 9.00-17.30
    Timesheet opens for members and visitors booking at 9am on Thursday 28th May
    Friday 12th June. Men’s Open Singles Stableford.Tee times from 9.00-17.30
    Timesheet opens for members and visitors booking at 9am on Friday 29th May
    Saturday 13th June. Men’s and Ladies Open Singles Stableford. Tee times from 7.20-15.00
    Timesheet opens for members and visitors booking at 9am on Tuesday 2nd June
    Sunday 14th June. Open Mixed Scotch Foursomes Strokes. Tee times from 10.30-15.00
    Timesheet opens for members and visitors booking at 9am on Wednesday 3rd June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Possibly on the lookout for a place to play on Sun 14th Jun as my homeclub are hosting the Jimmy Bruen regionals so no competitions that weekend Have never played Ashbourne either despite it's relative proximity but what a terrible competition format on the Sun - Open Mixed Scotch Foursomes Strokes - shudder at the thought. Pity it couldn't be a scratch cup or even a singles strokes to finish off the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Gonna move this to the arrange a game thread

• Advertisement

Ha, yes Ive never had much luck in that format myself.... But if you change your mind that 13.50 slot is my wife and I. we'd be glad to show you around.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

But if you change your mind that 13.50 slot is my wife and I. we'd be glad to show you around.

Ugh, sounds like you're inviting him to a different type of swingers club

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Dealerz wrote: »
    So my hcap has lapsed since last year and I've just joined st Margaret's, any gui members available to play a few rounds in St Margaret's so I can submit my 3 cards?
    I'll sort out the green fees.
    Cheers

Some clubs require members to sign new handicap cards, could be worth checking to be on the safe side...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Felexicon wrote: »
    Ugh, sounds like you're inviting him to a different type of swingers club

LOL Reading it back now .... maybe a little creepy alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

slave1 wrote: »
    Some clubs require members to sign new handicap cards, could be worth checking to be on the safe side...

I have thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Anyone in or around cork tomorrow want to play a round. I'm free after 2. Weather meant to be nice it would be a shame not to take advantage of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Anyone fancy an open in North Dublin on Friday morning? I'm a Corballis member so wouldnt mind playing the open there but happy to look elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anyone fancy an open in North Dublin on Friday morning? I'm a Corballis member so wouldnt mind playing the open there but happy to look elsewhere

What time are you thinking ??

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

ryaner777 wrote: »
    What time are you thinking ??

I need to play reasonably early, anytime between 8 and 9 would be ideal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

I need to play reasonably early, anytime between 8 and 9 would be ideal?

That suits me as well, I'll book it tomorrow, any one else fancy joining us ?

Anyone interested in Nass, Thursday morning just before 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Slot in St Anne's Open tomorrow at 10am if anyone fancies it. €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭benny79

This is probably a long shot but anyone fancy a game in Waterville Golf club some day next week I'll be down there for the week green fees is €75 with GUI card.

Ranked no 1 course in Ireland & would be on a lot of Bucket lists mine included :D

Playing Carne tomorrow morning at 9 and Castlebar Friday morning at 8:30 if anyone interested...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

benny79 wrote: »
    This is probably a long shot but anyone fancy a game in Waterville Golf club some day next week I'll be down there for the week green fees is €75 with GUI card.

Ranked no 1 course in Ireland & would be on a lot of Bucket lists mine included :D

Can't do next week. But is that the standard price for GUI members must Head out there sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hrigsby2

Are you open to any day of the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Hi guys. Playing the Kilkenny intermediate scratch on Saturday. Anybody got an information or tips on the course? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Playing Kilcock open at 10.06 Friday, two slots left on that time if anyone wants to join. Never played it before

kiers47 wrote: »
    Can't do next week. But is that the standard price for GUI members must Head out there sometime.

Yea I think so she asked me what club I was a member off etc and to bring my GUI card, was expecting it to be dearer to be honest considering were in the middle off summer :D

hrigsby2 wrote: »
    Are you open to any day of the week?

Yea pretty much I'm staying in Banna beach for a week sat to sat, There's competitions on the weekend so she told me any day during the week should be fine just ring when I'm down, but mornings be best as its not as busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Yea pretty much I'm staying in Banna beach for a week sat to sat, There's competitions on the weekend so she told me any day during the week should be fine just ring when I'm down, but mornings be best as its not as busy.

Ballyheigue is a nice little 9 hole course that is close by to Banna Benny. It's cheap enough and there are great views, the course itself isnt a top end course but is still a pleasant round.
    Might be handy for you if you want to get away for a couple of hours. €15 for 9 holes, €20 for 18 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭doublecross

You're spoiled for choice down there. Tralee GC is overlooking Banna beach, if you haven't played it already I'd recommend it. Best back 9 you'll ever play. Waterville isn't to shabby either :)

Ah lads don't be teasing me now! I'm away with the family, So i'll be doing well to get 1 round in, I'm using the fathers day card :D & Waterville is on the bucket list ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

If anyone wants a free round of golf in Birr on Friday at around 5 will u pm me please. Need at least 2 and maybe 3 ppl to make up a 4 ball :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

appreciate the late notice but just wondering if anybody fancies playing in fourball at royal curragh saturday afternoon ?.

Advertisement