Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

One player only

One player only

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    One player only
    tigerwood1 wrote: »
    One player only

So that's a 2 ball then...

Gets coat.

anybody fancy playing tuesday 16th morning kildare/dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Anyone interested in Lee Valley next Monday (29th) ?
    Last tee time is 4:30 which would suit me perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Quahog217

Anyone fancy west waterford or castlemartyr open singles in morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Club Classic in Moate 26-29 August. 4 person team €120 includes entry to hole in one competition on 15th hole for a Renault Clio. Loads of prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Looking for Golfers for a Lesotho Fund Raising Classic ( in conjunction with Portmarnock Community School) in Royal Tara Navan on Friday 30th September . Cost is €60 ( For Individual Golfers ) and includes a 3 course dinner . Loads of great prizes and fourballs up for grabs .

Pm me or contact me on 087-2900199 if interested . If you cant make it but know any golfers that might be interested please let them know!

Dak

Hey,

Looking to get out in Limerick/Tipp/Clare area on Fri 23rd if anyone fancies it.
    Teeing off around 3-3:30

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

If you want a good test of your golf try one of these:
    We are delighted to announce that Druids Heath Golf Club will play host to an Open Week of competitions from September 26th to 30th.

Take a look at our competition schedule or book a tee:

• Monday September 26th – Senior Open – Singles Stableford – Full handicaps Open to Gents & Ladies – Members €5 visitors €20.

• Tuesday September 27th - Open Fourball Betterball – 90% Handicaps Open to Gents and Ladies - Betterball Stableford – Members €5 visitors €20

• Wednesday September 28th - Open Scramble – 1/10 Handicap 4 person Team event Open to Gents and Ladies - Members €5 visitors €20

• Thursday September 29th - 4 Person Team Event – ¾ Handicaps Open to Gents and Ladies 2 to score on each hole, all to score on 18 - Members €5 visitors €20

• Friday September 30th - Open Singles – Full Handicaps, Open to Gents and Ladies, singles stableford Competition - Members €5 visitors €20

To book:

Call 01-2870812

or visit

http://www.brsgolf.com/druidsglen/opens_home.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads

Anyone fancy Open in Corballis in am - just after 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads

Again - Any fancy Open in Corballis in am - about 0930.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Lads

Again - Any fancy Open in Corballis in am - about 0930.

off tomorrow, but already booked into the stones with my old man
    have a few days off this week and next, supposed to be doing DIY, but could be persuaded to disappear for a bit :)

how about next week... Tue or Wed?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

GUI Open in Ballyliffin (old links) on Friday 28th ~10.30, if any body here is up that part of the country, I have a tee time booked and looking to find some company.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

Well lads,

I'm in Slane tomorrow, can you recommend a course nearby?
    please accept this as an open invite, 1st tee around 1200

Thinking of playing Lucan open next Tue 19 bucks if anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭quinney123

Hello Lads/Lasses,
    I see alot of people putting posts out there asking if anyone is up for a game and i wondered if we could setup a whats app group with around 10 of us where we can always ask around as i am always up for a game most saturdays but rarely have someone to play with as i moved over from England in recent years and none of my mates over here are big into golf.

Let me know if anyone is interested as the group could always grow as we go along and down the line could become a regular thing.

Thanks
    Adam

quinney123 wrote: »
    Hello Lads/Lasses,
    I see alot of people putting posts out there asking if anyone is up for a game and i wondered if we could setup a whats app group with around 10 of us where we can always ask around as i am always up for a game most saturdays but rarely have someone to play with as i moved over from England in recent years and none of my mates over here are big into golf.

Let me know if anyone is interested as the group could always grow as we go along and down the line could become a regular thing.

Thanks
    Adam

If it's Saturdays you are mainly interested in then take a look at the Boards Golf Society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Seve OB wrote:
    If it's Saturdays you are mainly interested in then take a look at the Boards Golf Society.

What would be the average door to door time of a Boards society event?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

What would be the average door to door time of a Boards society event?

It depends where you're based. If you're in Dublin probably a bit over an hour. You'll have a good few outings in the greater Dublin area and a few longer trips.

• Advertisement

Anyone fancy a game on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Quinney if you want to get a reply best to state where in Ireland you are and where you intend to play.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Quinney if you want to get a reply best to state where in Ireland you are and where you intend to play.
    Cheers Tyson appreciate that. I cant play on Saturday now as have made other plans. I could have played anywhere as i dont mind driving for a game! If anyone else is interested in games in future IM me
    Thanks
    Adam

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Cheers Tyson appreciate that. I cant play on Saturday now as have made other plans. I could have played anywhere as i dont mind driving for a game! If anyone else is interested in games in future IM me
    Thanks
    Adam

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

My club are holding a "Glow in Dark Golf & Buffet" next Friday night.

From an email i received.....
    Front 9 holes will be lite up with Glow Sticks and glowing golf balls will be provided. Bring Three Clubs 7 iron to putter, hi viz jacket, warm clothing, and flash lamps.

Buffet will follow in the clubhouse followed by music and plenty of craic.

Prizes for outstanding competitions will also be presented on the night.

Sounds like good fun so might head along for a look.

BTW Club is Castle Barna in Daingean, Co. Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

That sounds class, good to see clubs trying something different

Lads I know I'm a member and all but seriously, this is the best value open comp that I've probably ever seen!!!

€12.50 in Greystones if you can handle a game on a Monday and looks like it will be a monthly occurrence

https://www.brsgolf.com/greystones/opens_day.php

Like Seve I'm a member but if you are on the Northside there is an Open every Monday in Balbriggan for €10.

This is a 12 hole singles but Visitors are welcome to play the full course at no additional charge. 84 people played last week.

It is advertised as a Senior open but there is also an Under 50 category.

Booking available below.

https://www.brsgolf.com/balbriggan/opens_home.php

My home course out of action this Sun so anyone fancy a game either first thing Sun morning or Fri afternoon somewhere around Limerick, Clare, Tipp area let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I've booked the first week of May off to play golf with slots open on all the times if anyone was looking for an excuse for midweek golf.

Royal Curragh the 1st @ 10am

Moyvalley on the 2nd at 10am

St Margarets on the 3rd at 10.28am

Ardee on the 4th at 9am

Advertisement