Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Kilkenny runs an open singles on the first wednesday of each month so one coming up soon... Nice course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Last call - nice afternoon! Castleknock GC open competition for €30 at 4.30pm today!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Monday 14th Sept.

Men's open singles - entry fee €5 for members, €15 for visitors.
    GUI swipe cards are mandatory.
    Book through the golf shop on 0402 35202.

Woodenbridge info : http://www.gui.ie/clubs_info.asp?id=263

I cant ever remember a mens open day at Woodenbridge,about bloody time.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Open 2-man team event on in Gowran Park, Co. Kilkenny on Sunday Sept. 13th.. like a fourball but off full handicaps instead.
    €20 for visitors I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Deise Abu

Open Four Person Team event friday 11th and Saturday 12th in Waterford GC. Only 40 Euro per team,same for members and visitors.

Not often you'll get to play Waterford GC as a visitor for 10 Euro.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NITFBY

Open Day in Lahinch every Thursday between here and Christmas. Playing there tomorrow :D . 50 Euro is the green fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Enniscorthy Golf Club:
    Sunday 27th Sept 2009: Open Fourball.
    Sunday Oct 4th: Open Scramble.
    Thursday the 8th October: Gents Open Seniors. (Time Sheets NOW available)

My first time playing as a senior....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Dylan69

anybody know of any open single events happening in the wicklow area around october?
    Going to be avaiable everyday in cotober so might as well play a bit of golf and get my handicap to go down!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

ClubFixture TypeStart DateEnd DateRathsallaghMixed Singles01/10/2009
    RathsallaghMixed Singles05/10/2009
    Arklow4 Ball06/10/2009
    BaltinglassSenior Open - Over 50's06/10/2009
    DelganySenior Open - Over 50's12/10/2009
    RathsallaghMixed Singles12/10/2009
    CoollattinSenior Open13/10/2009
    Arklow4 Ball13/10/2009
    WoodenbridgeSingles16/10/2009
    KilcooleFourball18/10/2009
    Old ConnaSenior Open19/10/2009
    RathsallaghMixed Singles19/10/2009
    BlainroeSenior Open - Over 50's20/10/2009
    Arklow4 Ball20/10/2009
    BaltinglassMixed Fourball Stableford24/10/200925/10/2009CoollattinFourball24/10/200925/10/2009TulfarrisFourball25/10/2009
    DelganyFourball25/10/2009
    RathsallaghMixed Singles26/10/2009
    TulfarrisFourball26/10/2009
    Coollattin4 Person Team Event26/10/2009
    BaltinglassLadies & Gents - Stableford27/10/2009
    WicklowSeniors Open Day27/10/2009
    Arklow4 Ball27/10/2009
    ArklowSeniors 50+29/10/2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

open singles in south county on wednesday is €17,not bad,sheet's empty btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

heavyballs wrote: »
    open singles in south county on wednesday is €17,not bad,sheet's empty btw

How do you enter these things? Do you need a handicap and can you pick who you play with? Sorry if this sounds silly

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    How do you enter these things? Do you need a handicap and can you pick who you play with? Sorry if this sounds silly

only a few clubs (bray for eg) will insist that you have a gui card,the machine is usually in the dressing room,on Wednesday i'm playin with 3 mates,only 2 of us have hcp's,the clubs just want the cash

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Yes you do need a handicap - official GUI.

Go into their website ..will prob have a reference to the open comp..just slot your name in at a time that suits.

only a few clubs (bray for eg) will insist that you have a gui card,the machine is usually in the dressing room,on Wednesday i'm playin with 3 mates,only 2 of us have hcp's,the clubs just want the cash

Hmmm ?

Noo no no you must have an official handicap otherwise the whole things a farce.

They might let you play at the competition rate but you can't win a prize...

Hmmm ?

Noo no no you must have an official handicap otherwise the whole things a farce.

They might let you play at the competition rate but you can't win a prize...

thanks for pointing that out to us all but i think we all know if you don't have a gui you can't win a prize.If your lookin for a cheap game of golf you can get it,as i said previously the clubs simply tell you where the machine is and it's really up to the player whether he swipes or not,

So my friend and i have no handicap, but would like to play just for the experience if nothing else. Wouldn't have a chance of winning a prize.
    So do you think i should ring them up and explain the situation and are these opens full of people who would look down on two young people who wouldnt be the best showing up? Thanks

So my friend and i have no handicap, but would like to play just for the experience if nothing else. Wouldn't have a chance of winning a prize.
    So do you think i should ring them up and explain the situation and are these opens full of people who would look down on two young people who wouldnt be the best showing up? Thanks

listen once your not like totally dangerous your fine,i rang today expecting to give my club name and hcp and the guy said he didn't need any info at all,as i said earlier they want the cash,end of

thanks for pointing that out to us all but i think we all know if you don't have a gui you can't win a prize.If your lookin for a cheap game of golf you can get it,as i said previously the clubs simply tell you where the machine is and it's really up to the player whether he swipes or not,

OK wasn't sure on that one.....In my experience you mostly have to swipe in the pro shop...but if you havent then great - it is a cheap game of golf.

No - I would just ring up and give the names - only problem is that opens are likely to have a lot of experienced golfers of fairly good standard - if you were complete beginners it might not be a very pleasant experience.
    listen once your not like totally dangerous your fine,i rang today expecting to give my club name and hcp and the guy said he didn't need any info at all,as i said earlier they want the cash,end of

Reasonable standard of dress helps..slacks and a polo top and you could be the freekin south county ripper for all they would know.

Jeans an a tee - especially with slogans - would be a no no ...

No - I would just ring up and give the names - only problem is that opens are likely to have a lot of experienced golfers of fairly good standard - if you were complete beginners it might not be a very pleasant experience.

Reasonable standard of dress helps..slacks and a polo top and you could be the freekin south county ripper for all they would know.

Jeans an a tee - especially with slogans - would be a no no ...

i'm sorry but anybody who has played golf will know jeans are not allowed,is this not a given,once you play to a hcp of around 20 or less you're fine ,this is an open singles not a scr cup and the place will very quiet lookin at the time sheet

• Advertisement

i'm sorry but anybody who has played golf will know jeans are not allowed,is this not a given,once you play to a hcp of around 20 or less you're fine ,this is an open singles not a scr cup and the place will very quiet lookin at the time sheet

Look pal I'm just trying to be helpful here..I don't know the level of knowledge that anxious and his friends have.

There are plenty of courses where open time sheets are full and from experience I dont take it as a given that everybody knows the dress rules.

You sound like one guy i wouldn't be in a hurry to play with...hmmm

Look pal I'm just trying to be helpful here..I don't know the level of knowledge that anxious and his friends have.

There are plenty of courses where open time sheets are full and from experience I dont take it as a given that everybody knows the dress rules.

You sound like one guy i wouldn't be in a hurry to play with...hmmm

get a grip for a sec,to me the fact that anxious is thinking of playin in an open singles comp to me suggests he would know that jeans are not allowed on the course,

This is not a criticism - and of course everybody has to start somewhere - but this post does not suggest a great knowledge of Golfing matters.
    get a grip for a sec,to me the fact that anxious is thinking of playin in an open singles comp to me suggests he would know that jeans are not allowed on the course,

Well he may or he may not..I was just trying to give him some pointers...he seemed a golfing beginner.

He wasn't thinking of playing in an open singles competition he was just looking for a value game of golf.

This is not a criticism - and of course everybody has to start somewhere - but this post does not suggest a great knowledge of Golfing matters.

Well he may or he may not..I was just trying to give him some pointers...he seemed a golfing beginner.

He wasn't thinking of playing in an open singles competition he was just looking for a value game of golf.

point taken,we'll leave it at that so

Thanks for the help lads, i probably should've said i've played around 20-25 times so im not a beginner i've broken a hundred. Its just i want to take the next step now, and figured this was the next step. Also im thinking of joining a club in that area and ive seen dublin city was 550 a year so thatll prob be a winner. heavyballs i may see you there.

Thanks for the help lads, i probably should've said i've played around 20-25 times so im not a beginner i've broken a hundred. Its just i want to take the next step now, and figured this was the next step. Also im thinking of joining a club in that area and ive seen dublin city was 550 a year so thatll prob be a winner. heavyballs i may see you there.

Good man Anxious hope it goes well..Its a buyers market now so think carefully before you decide on which club to join.

You nearly had meself and The Heavy going head to head with 5 irons there for a while ...!

Regards to all ...enjoy your golf :D

550 is a good deal,let me know how you get on,it's an ok track,not too difficult either although there are a couple on the back nine are abit tricky,you can't go wrong for a round there for less than 20 ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Just had a look at SouthCounty's time sheet for tomorrow.There are 137names down to play. Time sheet is empty from 8 until 8.48 bar one name.
    Two lines available at 9.42 and 9.51.
    one line available at 10.27 then pretty much booked bar one or two spaces on lines until 2.

After that there are three full lines available up to 15.42 with again some slots available to slot in beside someone else.

thegen wrote: »
    Just had a look at SouthCounty's time sheet for tomorrow.There are 137names down to play. Time sheet is empty from 8 until 8.48 bar one name.
    Two lines available at 9.42 and 9.51.
    one line available at 10.27 then pretty much booked bar one or two spaces on lines until 2.

After that there are three full lines available up to 15.42 with again some slots available to slot in beside someone else.

that's nuts,rang the guy to book a fourball on Monday,he said i could have anytime i wanted,does anyone know if it's been hollow cored yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

anybody fancy a game in luttrelstown tomorrow (23rd), 38 euro.

Advertisement