Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

You think you might drive fast?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Somebody please tell me what that is! Read the comments below the video on the Youtube page, everything from a GT3 to GTR!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

skyline350gt2uj6.jpg

Hardly a Skyline 350. Not too common on these roads.

Based on this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

looks like a corvette c6, 4 round lights at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Whatever it is ...on a 2-lane motorway that's sheer and utter madness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

qz wrote: »
    Somebody please tell me what that is!

It's a dead man walking (driving). While I'm no slouch on the roads, that's inappropriate speed on a 2 lane motorway. To say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Clearly an Aston Martin as you can see it in the side mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Vantage

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Good vid OP. thinking its a GTR myself. Nice result had the camera car not looked 1/2 mile back and overtook the car infront of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Thats crazy that person must have a death wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Vain wrote: »
    Thats crazy that person must have a death wish.

Use of mirrors is standard practice in other countries, in short, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

I think he was trying to drive fast enough to outpace the depreciation on his car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Just to clarify I did not take this video, and I don't know where it was shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭evogirl

holy crap. that was fast! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

is your man jerking off or what? they're strange sounds!!
    he's surely doing a ton fifty +

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ninty9er wrote: »
    Use of mirrors is standard practice in other countries, in short, no.

Going by the road signs, this was shot on a german motorway.

While you are correct in saying that people there know how to use their mirrors, going at well over 300km/h (or roughly 200 km/h above the recommended speed of 130 km/h) on a 2-lane motorway is something the German police would take a very dim view of.

A conviction for dangerous driving and a ban would be guaranteed, if caught.

And rightly so. Just look at the video again, how quickly that car disappears, even though your man is doing 160 km/h already. Now try and calculate in your head, how long it would take from the time you spot that tiny speck in your mirror to when it pulverizes you from behind ...not long enough to react ...that's how long (or short, rather)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Looks like a V8 Vantage. I'll try downloading the video and slowing it down to see what it is. When i'm really bored i will.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

It's tough to see what it is, but it's either GT3RS (Does anyone see a glimpse of orange?) or a Vantage/GT-R.

No matter which way you look at, that's too fast for that road.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a Micra Sport, people. :D

Definately strange sounds going on from the guy filming it. Maybe he was filming one of those amature sex videos with the girlfriend and the car just happened to fly past?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

peasant wrote: »
    A conviction for dangerous driving and a ban would be guaranteed, if caught

I think he has his foglights on too!!!!

rearview.jpg

Anyone worked out what it is?

Looks long in this shot.

side.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

right ... let me just get my camera out, turn it on OK good. set it to video mode. perfect. make sure car is going OK. right hopefully a car will speed past me at 380km/h so i can video them.

over taking on the left so states i would say ?
    road might have been closed off or people spaced out enough on the road to make sure noone was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

samhail wrote: »
    right ... let me just get my camera out, turn it on OK good. set it to video mode. perfect. make sure car is going OK. right hopefully a car will speed past me at 380km/h so i can video them.

over taking on the left so states i would say ?
    road might have been closed off or people spaced out enough on the road to make sure noone was there.

could be most european countries aswell though,and a lot people would drive like this and not think of the consquences,(not me) if he would just slow down we could see what car he was driving:rolleyes: id say a porsche

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

lightening wrote: »
    Looks long in this shot.

side.jpg

Batmobile??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

dont think its an aston or nissan, here are the rear lights. they are not round like the gtr and the number plate is in the wrong place to be an aston. aston have number plates on their boot whereas this one is on the bumper. and its not a porsche the back it not sloped enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

porsche_carrera_anniversary-rear-wing.jpg

997_restyling_2.jpg

It's a Porsche with the rear wing up. Maybe a Ruf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

bop1977 wrote: »
    dont think its an aston or nissan, here are the rear lights. they are not round like the gtr

hmmm, I disagree. If you stop the car when in the mirror its got the GTR front lights and fin on the front bumper.

Then if you stop it after it passes the A pillar of the camera car, its got round rear lights, the raised spoiler, and everything is where it should be for a GT3. I think you can see the 2 round lights either side in your pic, its just appears blurred into one (you're pic looks a bit like a porsche 968 actually!)

heres one. no doubt in my mind. Its also too small a car for an Aston

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Skyline/R35-GTR/200840190284568/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 69,004 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm 99% certain the bloke being overtaken is driving a recent Fiat based on the dashboard but I cannot tell you wtf the other thing is!

edit: Overtaken car is a LHD Panda 100HP, right down to the paranoid fuel light being on with quite a lot left...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

sk8board wrote: »
    hmmm, I disagree. If you stop the car when in the mirror its got the GT3 front lights and fin on the front bumper.

Then if you stop it after it passes the A pillar of the camera car, its got round rear lights, the raised spoiler, and everything is where it should be for a GT3. I think you can see the 2 round lights either side in your pic, its just appears blurred into one (you're pic looks a bit like a porsche 968 actually!)

heres one. no doubt in my mind. Its also too small a car for an Aston

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Skyline/R35-GTR/200840190284568/advert

i dont think its a 911 because there are lights under the spoiler in my pic but 911 lights stop at the spoiler.

it does look like it could be the nissan after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I know it's terrible and irresponsible, but every time see the vid I laugh, its just silly, the speed, the noise, the madness. I'm nont really good at identifying cars, but it looks like a big saloon, would it be one of those super BMW's, the huge huge executive ones with massive V8 engines. I think the back of it looks like one of them. The highish back with a little tail, reg on the boot under the tail...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

qz wrote: »
    Just to clarify I did not take this video, and I don't know where it was shot.

somewhere with a yellow plate anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Hmm judging by the instumnet cluster i'd say MKII Punto...

....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

bop1977 wrote: »
    i dont think its a 911 because there are lights under the spoiler in my pic but 911 lights stop at the spoiler.

it does look like it could be the nissan after all.

sorry I've correct my post, GT3 should of course read Nissan GTR

Advertisement