Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

You think you might drive fast?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

What a nutter.

Here's another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lol, ^^ That's madness.

The fastest i've ever been was 148mph on the back of a bike (on a race track of course). It's just tunnel vision. Crazy speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I think the fasted i've been is about 130mph on the road into skerries on the back of a bike.
    Clear road, dry day, perfect vision.
    The speed is something else, bloody amazing.
    Wouldnt dream of doing that speed in a car on a motor way with other cars around.

Just thinking, i remember driving down a motorway a few years back, cant remember which, and a 911 FLEWWWW past my car, vanished in the same way as that video.
    Crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Been on the M6 toll (3 lanes of empty perfect road), well over the ton (which honestly speaking is the average speed there for all traffic) and you still have cars have going by you like that (some chap in a Cerbera I could hear before I noticed him in my mirror!) ... its scary when you realise that they've just appeared out of nowhere and then disappear that quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I think the back looks very much like a Mustang!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks2D7TIHC9k&feature=related

Fastest I've gone myself is 133mph indicated.
    Not slow anyway.

Have been drove at 168mph on the TT course. (Home country ;))
    that was scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I must say it looks most like a V8 Vantage to me...however I reckon the top speed on one of these at a guess is in the 170's. Given the car that is being overtaken is going 100 (mph), the overtaking car I would say is going much more than 170. I reckon that your talking about a 200mph car (or close to it). RUF Porsche maybe, Z06?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

225km/h on my wedding day going to the church in an e60 M5 with a cop beside me, badge on the dash!!:D:D:D:D:D

What a day! And the wedding was good fun too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

uk reg black porsche 997 turbo? disgraceful driving.

here's another jerk on a bike looking to see the next world sooner than he thinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DS-PGSWEUs&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

peasant wrote: »
    While you are correct in saying that people there know how to use their mirrors, going at well over 300km/h (or roughly 200 km/h above the recommended speed of 130 km/h) on a 2-lane motorway is something the German police would take a very dim view of.

A conviction for dangerous driving and a ban would be guaranteed, if caught.

Are you 100% certain of that because I am sure I read on another forum somewhere, written by a German, that this is not the case, it was a debate about speed cameras, motorways etc etc. I am sure he said, limitless motorways are just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,004 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Hmm judging by the instumnet cluster i'd say MKII Punto...

....:p

Binnacle is too narrow/square for a MkII Punto I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

leon8v wrote: »
    Are you 100% certain of that because I am sure I read on another forum somewhere, written by a German, that this is not the case, it was a debate about speed cameras, motorways etc etc. I am sure he said, limitless motorways are just that.

Yes, I am certain about that.

The law is a bit ambiguous there. What sounds like a licence for unlimited speeding isn't really. The law has a recommended speed for motorways at 130 km/h but no fixed speed limit. Instead they put in a passage about prevailing conditions, safe to do so, etc, in legalese.
    This means, if you exceed the 130 km/h, you do so pretty much at your own risk and at your own judgement about what the prevailing conditions safely allow.

Bombing down a 2 laner with traffic on it at over 300 km/h simply isn't safe, under any conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

qz wrote: »
    I think the back looks very much like a Mustang!

thats what i thought. Could be a Rousch Mustang something such as a supersnake.

To the person who said they use their mirrors in other countries: That car is coming so fast you would not see him coming in your mirrors and if you did turn out in front of him well then god help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Lol, ^^ That's madness.

The fastest i've ever been was 148mph on the back of a bike (on a race track of course). It's just tunnel vision. Crazy speeds.
    CianRyan wrote: »
    I think the fasted i've been is about 130mph on the road into skerries on the back of a bike.
    Clear road, dry day, perfect vision.
    ClioV6 wrote: »
    Have been drove at 168mph on the TT course. (Home country ;))
    that was scary.

Lads you're fookin eejits, these speeds one up never mind two up on a bike is fookin ridiculous.

Race track, clear road, dry day, perfect vision me bollocks, you keep that up you're gonna end up proving the paramedics right, and we all know what they call bikers.

I hope I don't meet any of you lads on rideouts in the future..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

JCDUB wrote: »
    Lads you're fookin eejits, these speeds one up never mind two up on a bike is fookin ridiculous.

Race track, clear road, dry day, perfect vision me bollocks, you keep that up you're gonna end up proving the paramedics right, and we all know what they call bikers.

I hope I don't meet any of you lads on rideouts in the future..

yawn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

robbie99 wrote: »
    What a nutter.

Here's another one.

Am I losing the plot here or did this guy not even marginally ease off entering that tunnel ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

dodzy wrote: »
    Am I losing the plot here or did this guy not even marginally ease off entering that tunnel ? :eek:
    was thinkin the same thing myself...was holding my breath when i saw the tunnel approach :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It's a Corvette. The guy who shot the video posts over on one of the yankee car forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

staker wrote: »
    is your man jerking off or what? they're strange sounds!!
    he's surely doing a ton fifty +

150?
    Closer to 200 mph i'd say.
    He was certainly doing twice the speed of your man (100mph).
    I've seen some crazy stuff on Youtube but that was absolutely insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Bearcat wrote: »
    uk reg black porsche 997 turbo? disgraceful driving.

here's another jerk on a bike looking to see the next world sooner than he thinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DS-PGSWEUs&feature=related

It says 240mph but it's not- he hits something like 320kph (around 200mph).
    He can go fast but his maths need work.
    He looks like he's about to go into the back of one poor fcuker at one stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

dodzy wrote: »

if you watch the white lines and how he passed the last truck way slower then the previous vehicles, you can see he had slowed down way before the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

We have a Winner !
    sk8board wrote: »
    its just appears blurred into one (you're pic looks a bit like a porsche 968 actually!)

OK, it wasn't me, actually :P :P

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement