Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lecture timetable

Options
  • 14-01-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

where do I find out in what room my lectures are on for next week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

does it not say on your semester 2 timetable on sis?
    or ask at the student desk if it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

whats sis? i wasn't in last term. gonna give it a real shot this term :D

or ask at the student desk .

wheres that? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In the admin building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

...oh dear.

the student desk is in the admin building, they could help.

as for sis, its the student info service thingy. log into ucd, click my records tab, click sis, enter registration process, module registration, then view calendar. There should be classes and where they are on on your timetable then.

• Advertisement

spkle you're a little belter. now who knows where Th FS01 AG is and also G - 15 AG. I presume they are in the Agriculture building. I know where that is :D but anyone got any more specifics

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In general, "Th" = (Lecture) Theatre, and G = Ground floor, in Ag and some other buildings. Don't know what "FS" means, but it's not ground floor then. If you can find a building on the map, you can always go in a little early, have a look around and/or ask the Service Desk there.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    Don't know what "FS" means, but it's not ground floor then.

just found out FS means Food Science Building so I presume that's not the agriculture building. The first letters seem to designate the height level (G = ground). Unless the food science building is on top of the agriculture building like they built agriculture and then found out they had no space for food science so they just put it on top of it. hope that's what happened anyway. would make life a lot easier :D

It is technically the "UCD Agriculture & Food Sciences Centre", so it's the same complex, I expect.

PS: Sometimes lecture locations get changed in the first few weeks, so check your schedules regularly at first. In theory, lecturers will email everyone via Blackboard, but...

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

FS 01 Ag is in the ag building, turn right when you go in the door and its right in front of you down the glass hall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One quick question on this, for my elective next semester, I'm in Quinn School 14...is that just room 14 of the building? I'm never in there, so don't know where it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Speaking of finding places...anyone know where Sci Edu/Res HUB Th. A SCI is? I've never been in the Science building before so I haven't a clue where to go.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And where is the Clinton Institute for American Studies? :)

Dave! wrote: »
    And where is the Clinton Institute for American Studies? :)
    Is that a serious question? #51 on the map.

As for the Science Hub... Know where the Science buildings are? The Hub is the square building in the middle of the "wheel". #23 on the map. Up the stairs from the concourse, straight through along the walkway. Easiest way to find theatres A-C is to climb to the top floor of the Hub, though there are shortcuts you'll figure out. If you're doing Science or Engineering, you will see a lot of that building.

Folks... just use the map. It's too easy to get confused with written or verbal directions. I can say "next to X", but if you don't know "X", then what good is that?

— Kingsley Amis

Yeah it was serious

Near the law building?! ffs I've to go to a seminar there for a history module :rolleyes:

Will either have to drop it or make sure I get a time when I've no classes before or after..... or else get a bike.

F*cking bullsh*t

Dave! wrote: »
    Yeah it was serious

Near the law building?! ffs I've to go to a seminar there for a history module :rolleyes:
    Where's the Law building? Let me find that map again... the School of Law is #54 on the map, and no, it's not near the Clinton institute (#51) at all. It's up near Roebuck Castle, while the Clinton institute is near the N11, next to the athletics track.

— Kingsley Amis

Ah, correct you are, need to work on my cartography skills.

Still pretty far away though

Thankfully I've a 3hr break before the seminar and 1hr after, as I had hoped for :)

With my luck it'll get plugged with a tutorial I didn't know about... blehh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh dear...Terrible Tuesday.

I have FIVE modules in a row. I'll probably have passed out by the last one. Bloody hell. :eek:

The last one is a seminar so I might be able to get myself into a different one for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

bnt wrote: »
    Is that a serious question? #51 on the map.

I'm assuming it would be seeing as I've even had lecturers who don't know where it is. As you can tell we never leave the arts building for fear of being made fun of :(
    I have FIVE modules in a row. I'll probably have passed out by the last one. Bloody hell. :eek:

Hahaha that was me last year :pac:

Thankfully though I only had one class on the Wednesday to help me even it out ;)

At the moment when I'm logging on my timetable is blank, I went to Blackboard to check the modules I signed up for and one of them is missing from the list (11) in total. It's Downey's Australia module for 3rd year History. Anyone else having this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm having the blank timetable thing alright, which is quite annoying. I was just about to start putting it into my google calendar. Grr.

• Advertisement
Advertisement